“Convenient” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #87 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
Grande Prairie, Canada
“Convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Close to Dodger Stadium, walkable. Great staff, they were very knowledgeable of the area and what things to do in great Los Angeles. Breakfast was great and had lots of options. Room and facility were well looked after.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

baseboy, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Dragon Gate Inn, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Thank you for staying with us. Since your stay, we have expanded out breakfast even more. I hope you will stay with us the next time so you can see what we have included into our breakfast program.

Dragon Gate Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
New Orleans, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

A luxury hotel this is not. But if you're on a budget, it works great for being close to lots of attractions (as well as 2-3 blocks away from a great sightseeing bus tour that the hotel will make reservations for you if you ask). The hotel is in the middle of Chinatown, and it's not a swanky neighborhood, but Uber car service, cabs, and the Super Shuttle airport service will come through, if needed. The property looks like a basic 2-star motel, but rooms inside are very clean and comfy, with a nice bed, quick-cooling AC unit, and spacious seating area. There was a gnat flying around in my bathroom area, but other than that, everything was spotless and issue-free. Oh, well there was the bathroom vent... The bathroom was adequate for the price, though I had to call down to the front desk to have maintenance check out the ceiling vent which had detached itself from the ceiling! The serviceman came right up and fixed the problem immediately, pushing it back into the ceiling. Thank God the vent, wires and all, didn't fall from the ceiling while I was bathing. Last thing I needed on my trip was electrocution. There is a business center (two well-working computers) with free internet access and printing, so that was nice. There is also an adjoining gym (with glass windows that look out into the tiny strip mall that this motel is part of), which doubles as a "kung fu" studio for the neighborhood, so discreet exercising isn't quite possible while classes are going on. Speaking of the strip mall, there is a very low-budget salon there that I was happy to get a cheap manicure at. The manicurist even recommended a Chinese food restaurant in the neighborhood, and kindly gave me her grease-stained copy of the eatery's menu. Well, it's the thought that counts. I found the staff to be very friendly and attentive. The lobby is OK, despite the fact that the first thing you see upon entering is a static-filled, barely working television. I didn't eat in the breakfast area. The drink machines were old and dirty, and wouldn't dare use them. If all you need is a reliable, clean place to sleep and bathe while you have fun elsewhere in L.A., and you're on a budget, I recommend this property. Again, it's fine and you get what you pay for. No drama here. If you're looking for more of a luxury-filled relaxation experience, go elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
baseboy, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Dragon Gate Inn, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
I'm sorry you didn't find the property to your liking. I will be speaking with the tenants in the shared courtyard your concern about their cleaniness. I hope you give us another chance to perform to your expecations.

Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Everything was just ok about this hotel. The night manager was not great...he told my husband to wait while he had a cigarette when we were trying to check in. I used to smoke so I get the need for a smoke break, but I couldn't believe he told us he just lit his smoke and he would be right back. He was not very accommodating or pleasant. I asked him for some dining suggestions and he pretty curtly told me to look on grubhub.com. Great site, but I was kind of looking for some customer service, maybe a suggestion of something he has heard was good. The breakfast was wonderful! Waffles, pancakes, breakfast croissant sandwiches, juice, and the usual continental stuff (cereal, muffins, bagels etc.) It was really above par. Overall, if you have something to do in the area, it was ok. It was very clean. Don't go out of your way to stay here.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for choosing us for your lodging needs. We take customer service very serious at our property and our staff is trained to provid better service than what you received. This employee has been terminated and all the staff have been retrained again.

Thank you for advising us on this matter.

We hope that you would give us another chance to provide the quatlity of service that you deserve.

Management
Metuchen, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

I stayed at this hotel a year ago and when I needed to come back to LA and stay close to downtown, I booked in here again. They have made considerable improvements in the last year, and the staff (always helpful and friendly) told me the improvements were ongoing. The room was roomy and comfortable, TWC TV with hundreds of channels and free on-demand (with good reception on the HD flat-screen TV). The free wi-fi was fast and reliable. My room had a view of downtown LA. Since the last time I was here, besides upgrades in the rooms, they've added a breakfast area and a buffet breakfast with waffle-maker, pancake-maker, and other options. The travellers staying there ranged from international tourists, to business travelers, to families checking out LA colleges, to local government agencies.

Room Tip: I liked the city view.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for giving us another chance to perform to your expecations. We will continue to strive to earn your business for a life time.

We already have plans to rebuild all the rooms, lobby and courtyard. Hopefully, the next time you stay they will be finished.

Littlerock, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I had seen some other negative reviews and I was hesitant about booking at this hotel - Also, It didn't look that great from the pictures. I was pleased with our check-in, all the Gentlemen that work there are very pleasant. The room was nice and clean. We were able to walk to great food in minutes. China Town is great!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for choosing our property.

Regards,.

LOS ANGELES, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Elevator is slow. Location is close to public transportation and restaurant/bars. There is no pool or restaurant/bar on the premises. However. there is a liquor store within walking distance. The two receptionist were very friendly and very professional.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for staying with us at the Best Western Plus Dragon Gate Inn.. I apologize for the elevator being slow. I have contacted our elevator service people to see if they can increase the speed of service.

I'm glad you found are staff to be helpful. We take great pride in providing the customer service that we can.

Los Angeles, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

The staff for check-in/out was amazing. Very friendly, and provided great information as to nearby amenities and how to get around town. However- housekeeping knocked on our door three times before 9am and was screaming down the hall to one another as they cleaned nearby rooms. Awful, horrible service by them. Also- the bathroom was disgusting and tiny, and overall the room was smelly. Terrible value for this hotel. Super uncomfortable bed.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for letting us know about the service you received from our housekeeping staff. We have since, pulled alll housekeeping staff for another training session so that this treatment will not happen to another staff.

I hope you give us another chance to provide you with the customer service that you deserve.

Dragon Gate Inn

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Dragon Gate Inn? Share your experiences!