“Great hotel and very quiet” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles Downtown

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles Downtown to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles Downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   120 South Los Angeles Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012 (Formerly Kyoto Grand Hotel and Gardens) (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
All Inclusive Package
Ranked #55 of 339 Hotels in Los Angeles
Certificate of Excellence 2014
United States
“Great hotel and very quiet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

We stayed here for a college interview. The hotel staff couldn't have been nicer. They helped with directions to the metro and places in Little Tokyo to eat dinner. They were very helpful securing a taxi for our very early flight out the day we left. The rooms were so quiet I forgot we weren't home! The rooms are not right next to each other, which means you don't hear anyone talking or a tv on, nothing. Wonderfully quiet! The fitness room is as good as my gym back home. So much equipment and it all worked! We loved having a Starbucks connected to the hotel! Little Tokyo was fun to walk around and very close to the hotel. I wouldn't say City Target or the Staples center or Nokia are at all within walking distance, at least not by my standards. But there is plenty of city transportation next to the hotel to get you there quickly and inexpensively. Overall, we had a wonderful stay at this hotel and would love to come back some day!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubletreeManagement, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles Downtown, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Hello Margaret, thank you for sharing your experiences! I am glad that you enjoyed our hotel and it's offerings. Please let us know how that college interview went!

Orlando

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
La Mesa, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

The hotel is huge and modern with updated rooms and public spaces.
The rooftop garden is beautiful and the view of Downtown LA at night fabulous. It's a short cab ride from Staples Center.

BUT.....
Did not feel safe or secure. Neighborhood has A LOT of homeless.
Dishonest staff with sticky fingers - My tablet was stolen from the room.
Parking is pricey, but it's what you would expect.

Hotel is in a sketchy neighborhood and has a thief on the staff. My brand new 10" tablet was stolen out of the hotel room and was never recovered. No, I did not use the in-room safe and No, I will not make that mistake again, no matter how nice the hotel seems.

Room Tip: There are rooms that overlook the Japanese rooftop garden as well as Downtown La skyline.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
DoubletreeManagement, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles Downtown, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
I am very sorry that we failed to provide you with a better experience; I shared with our management team your feedback so we may take corrective action and address these failures

Merced, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

This hotel has the most AMAZING staff. I have never experienced such a pleasant stay at any other hotel. I recommend this hotel to EVERYBODY that comes to Los Angeles. You will NOT forget your stay. I also work at a hotel so I understand the importance of excellent customer service. This hotel has the true meaning of HOSPITALITY down to a science. They are attentive and pleasant at all times. I LOVE this hotel and will always stay here when I am in the area.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hello Tammia, thank you so very much for recognizing our team's efforts. They do work extremely hard to ensure our guests are satisfied when they visit us. I can assure you I will share with our entire team your feedback and we will celebrate!

Orlando Salazar
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Beautiful gardenfor working or relaxing, nice rooms and wonderfull staff. Located in "Little Tokyo" fun easy area to explore. Only downside was the room was extremely noisy. I stayed on a Monday and there was a work party in the garden with a DJ until 10pm; construction going on across the street; street noise; people on the sidewalks...seemed every sound from below came right in. I am not overly senitive to this, but for those who are this would have been intolerable.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hello brindi05, thank you for sharing I am sorry we were not able to meet your expectation regarding noise. Unfortunately Downtown Los Angeles is a very vibrant city with many unique and ecclectic sounds even in the evening hours but please note next time you come see us ask about our complimentary ear plugs we offer our guests.

Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Just there for a three day convention. Everything was great. I would not hesitate to bring my company back. Every part of the meeting went well including the breaks and meals. Good location near little Japan.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Hello Tim, I am very glad that we were able to meet your expectations for your 3 day convention!

I will share with our Meetings and Events Team the great feedback you shared here and ensure they are recognized!!

Canyon Lake, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

This is a great location! The staff is very professional and friendly. Brian went out of his way to make our stay perfect. The bed is so comfy, didn't want to leave…and don't forget the cookies……………..

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Hello bdmar67!

Thank you for sharing with us about your stay and furthermore for sharing about Brian's service and efforts! I will ensure that Brian is recognized for this and ensure he recieves appropriate praise for his hard work!

Los Angeles, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

We asked for many cookies. Staff was very well groomed and courteous. Workout studio was neat and clean all machines were working. Room Service was very fast and good tasting My only suggestion is that they would have in room movies. When I travel I like to watch movies at night. Also the bell men were great as were the sky cap. They got us a cab very quickly each time

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hello Janice M. Thank you for the very kind review we appreciate you taking time to review us and share your experiences. If there is anything I may assist you with in the future please do not hesitate by emailing me at Orlando.Salazar@hilton.com

Orlando Salazar

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles Downtown? Share your experiences!