“Great overnight stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Royal Palace Inn & Suites

You added BEST WESTERN Royal Palace Inn & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Royal Palace Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2528 South Sepulveda Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90064 (Westside)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #78 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersSilver level
Las Vegas, NV
“Great overnight stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2010

Live in Las Vegas; booked a double queen room for out-patient UCLA Med Center surgery due to other Tripadvisor references. Not a fancy or large hotel but was an easy 2 mile drive to the Med Center. Turned out to be a great choice. Staff was super-nice and upgraded us to a king suite on the back side of the hotel so it would be even quieter. The pillow-top king bed was very comfortable, and the separated suite rooms were appreciated. Complimentary breakfast was great; the staff even asked how the surgery went. We will stay here again!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Athens
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2009

Hotel is in not a horrible area, however parking, while free, is a challenge to actually get a spot. If you have a SUV or mini van don't even think about the 3 spots in front of the hotel. WAAAAAAAY too low. Try around back. There are like maybe 5 or 6 spots total back there however. Otherwise, your parking on the street.

Cleanliness isn't bad, however maintanence wise it needs some help. The toilet did not work in my room so I called downstairs to the desk and they sent a maintance man right up. He fixed it, however it makes a loud whistling sound from time to time. He has been back to check on this a couple times now, and it will go away for a while, but always comes back. VERY annoying. The street looking rooms can be loud with the traffic, but not too horrible.

The free breakfast is decent. Nothing fancy, but enough to get you going. The wireless internet works well. The hotel staff are friendly. There is no room service, however several places (mostly chinese/thai) deliver. There is a little rec room downstairs with a pool table. Kinda nice.

All in all, its not terrible for the price. Could use some updating however. I would stay here again and would recommend it if you are on a budget.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
Manteca, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2009

Having two children who are students at UCLA requires occasional lodging in the area. This property is 2 miles from campus and has fairly roomy suites and it is the least expensive name brand hotel in the area. But....the property is pretty old, and has many aspects that do not compare with other hotels in the area. While the rooms are sizable and decent, it just feels old and dark, as there doesn't seem to be sufficient lighting. The bathroom is downright claustrophobic and ours did not have a tub, only a shower. The walls are very thin and you can hear every creak and step from upstairs. Also the parking lot is so cramped it is a hassle to negotiate. I would not stay here again if I could help it. The breakfast is fair. The staff is nice enough...it is just the property itself that leaves much to be desired.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Donegal, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2009

Our stay here was very pleasant and have to say that the staff were extremely kind and helpful. We had a small suite which was basic but very clean. The outdoor pool is tiny but since we were only really using the hotel as a base that didn't bother us too much.

The downside is that unless you have a car you are quite a good distance away from central LA and it's numerous attractions and our personal experience was that the public transport left a great deal to be desired.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
portland or
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2009

I am a flight attendant so I have a lot of experience in the hotel department and this is the worst I have seen yet. Yes the beds were comfortable although the do sink in the middle so if you aren't sleeping alone you will be sleeping at a funny angle.

As soon as we walked into the building there was a terrible smell. To me it smelled like a mixture of smoke and mold.

VERY tiny bathrooms. No bath tub, just a small stand up corner shower.

My biggest turn off to this place was when we were leaving the room I was gathering up my final things and a maid pushes past me and walks over to the bed and pulls off the blanket. Im not talking about the one on top that everyone knows never gets washed, Im talking about the thinner one under that. I watched her take that blanket across the room and disappear into a different room. I was hoping maybe this was a laundry room but I had to check and when I did, I SAW HER PUTTING THAT BLANKET ON A FRESHLY MADE BED!!!!! Disgusting. Who knows who had that blanket before me OR before that person. How long do these people go without washing things. Do they do this with the sheets as well??

I DO NOT suggest staying at this hotel. It is chceap for a reason.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Tucson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2009

While visiting family in Los Angeles recently, I needed a place to stay for a week. My girlfriend and I selected this hotel because it was right around the corner from who we were visiting, and it had free high-speed internet in the rooms. Honestly, although the room that we stayed in was a suite, it was on the good side of average. The room was clean, the bed was very comfortable, but otherwise it was unremarkable. The hotel is near the 405 freeway (and can be a bit noisy depending on your room), and the 10, which makes traveling convenient. I would have happily stayed at this hotel again, but I don't think that I would have bothered to write a review.

What really set this place apart from anyplace else that I have ever stayed, was the staff. Arriving in town late at night, and needing to work from a room in the morning (I needed to stay somewhere with wi-fi), the desk clerks set me up for an extremely early check-in the next day. The hotel manager also went out of her way to accommodate my business needs beyond any of my expectations. I have never been anyplace that really seemed to care about their guests more, and will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2009

My family and I just stayed there a couple of weeks ago due to its proximity to our house which was being worked on. We stayed 4 nights, and it was not too bad. Although we pretty much just slept there, we found the room to be spacious, fairly clean, albeit dark and stuffy. The bathroom was clean but very very small - no counter space! And the shower was just plain weird (no tub) but clean.

The bedspreads (we had 2 beds) did not look that clean, so I examined the blankets and sheets closely. Found a few gray hair in the blankets! Yup. Sure did. I quickly asked for clean flat sheets to cover our blankets. Oh, and I pulled off the bedspreads entirely. The next day and went home and took our beddings with us. I know this is not an option for most people, but because I could, therefore I did.

The breakfast was buffet style and consisted of bread and bagels which you can toast yourself, pasties, hard boiled eggs, juice, coffee & tea. Although it wasn't the greatest, it was good to have. In the evening they serve fresh baked Otis Spunkmeyer cookies, and we enjoyed them, of course.

The parking was not too bad, but the spaces are small and narrow. The hotel was not full that week so we always found a space, but it would be hard if it were full.

The pool was very small and didn't look that clean so we never used it.

The evening clerk was extremely nice and responsive. Had a problem with the remote and the repairman came very quickly. The day staff was so so.

Housekeeping was okay. Don't know if they change the blankets and bedspreads with each guest, and don't know if the hair simply got stuck to the blankets even after washing (which happen sometimes). Since I brought our own beddings, I didn't want anyone to mess with our beds so I asked them to only remove the trash and replace the towels, and they were happy to oblige.

Would I stay there again? Probably if we had work done on the house again, but I'll remember to bring my own comforter.

• Liked — Good location to what we need. Rooms are large.
  • Disliked — Rooms could be brighter. Bedding could be newer.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to BEST WESTERN Royal Palace Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!