This was the third hotel on our November trip.
It does have a GREAT location and REALLY nice staff which includes all valet staff!
Room has a microwave/fridge in a separate sitting area which is nice.
Our first room had the old fashioned heater where you couldn't control the temp - it was on or it was off.
Front desk staff very helpful trying to get the internet to work (and stay working) but not their fault I guess that it cuts out every 10 minutes. Technical support is available but after my third time calling for support, they put me on hold and after 15 minutes I hung up. Since part of this trip is business related, the internet service was really important.
Didn't get much sleep the first night. The walls are paper thin and the folks next door came back to the hotel around 2:00 AM (apparently after a party) and continued the party in their room. It's not that they were excessively loud – it’s that the walls are thin it seemed like they were standing next to our beds. Staff were very accommodating and moved us to a different room the next day as the partiers were staying on as well. It was marginally better, we had a crying baby instead of happy party people next door but the baby at least stopped crying around 10:00 PM. so we at had a quiet sleep in an uncomfortable bed - but it was more than the first night.
Got new clean towels on our last full day here but they forgot to take the used dirty ones that were hanging on the shower or to replenish shampoo/conditioner.
Continental breakfast: apple/orange juice, fruit salad made of melons, melons & more melons; lots of wheat products to choose from (buns, bread, bagels, croissants, sausage/biscuit combo); sugary cereals and boiled eggs round out breakie.
Again, great location, fantastic staff, nice size room but dark and dreary if in the back rooms. Would we book it again? Probably not but, if you do, ask for a room at the front of the hotel. You might have some traffic noise but it will be brighter. No elevator to second floor so you'll be lugging suitcases up/down stairs as none of the rooms are on the main floor. There is an elevator that takes you between 2nd & 3rd floor but nothing that goes to main level. (Strikes me as odd)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BEST WESTERN Royal Palace Inn & Suites provides guests with stunning amenities, a fantastic location, and unbeatable prices. West Los Angeles hotels are varied, but guests at this Los Angeles hotel have found the best of the best. Beverly Hills and Santa Monica are nearby. Century City and UCLA are also in the neighborhood. Being in the heart of the city is the only way to fully experience LA. The BEST WESTERN Royal Palace Inn & Suites dishes up the best value in West LA. A swimming pool, hot tub, billiards room, and exercise room cater to every need or whim. A game of billiards is the perfect end to an evening. A dip in the pool is nearly a requirement. We’re more than just the best location around. Our Los Angeles hotel features suites with two televisions and a separate sitting room. Go ahead and make yourself at home. We offer 57 channels, all in HD. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN Royal Palace Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Royal Palace Inn And Suites
- Best Western Plus Royal Palace Hotel Los Angeles
- Best Western Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Best Western