I stayed here for 5 days for work and had quite a few colleagues staying at the same time. The location of the property was fine and there are a few places to walk to such as a Target, a few restaurants and the UCLA campus for a jog.
The service at the hotel was generally just ok: on arrival after an international flight, there was no one at Reception and this was at 5pm. It took about another 15 minutes to check in. Reception staff were generally not very knowledgeable about the area but throughout my stay, the concierge was extremely helpful.
The room was nice but strangely decorated - a bit kitschy for my taste but that is personal preference. I felt that the room was slightly musty and although there was a well stocked mini bar, there was no coffee or tea making facility in the room. I had a nice shower but no bath. Housekeeping service was fine.
The restaurant service both at breakfast time and by the pool were slow despite times when neither area was very busy. It was strange. On the other hand, the valet staff were great despite some busy moments. Security just inside and outside the hotel were strange - randomly greeting some guests very warmly but generally ignoring the rest of us. It was a strange atmosphere and generally I found that the "trendy" aspect of the hotel translated in a bit of snobbishness on some staffers' part but there were certain individuals who were genuinely pleasant and wanted to provide a good service to the hotel guests.
Overall a disappointing visit as this was a first stay at a W Hotel and I expected more out of it. The service could definitely be improved.
- Also Known As:
- w Los Angeles - Westwood Hotel Los Angeles
- w Los Angeles - Westwood Hotel
- w Los Angeles Westwood
- w Hotel Los Angeles
- w Hotels Los Angeles
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Luxury Los Angeles Hotel is at the foothills of Beverly Hills/Bel Air, squarely in the center of glamour, W Los Angeles Hotel Westwood is located between Rodeo Drive and the Santa Monica beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Amex, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your W Los Angeles - Westwood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.