“Nice for walking around Westwood” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 336 Hotels in Los Angeles
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Nice for walking around Westwood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

So if you're working/visiting Westwood this is a nice place to stay away from the noise of the shopping area/campus, but still walkable to get there. I think most rooms are suites which makes them nice for a few day stay, but it is pricier as a result. It doesn't feel as trendy as other W hotels, but that's fine, just looking for SPG points anyway. Cabs are always waiting which is a plus if you're car-less in LA and have an early flight (LAX is about 20 minutes away when no traffic).

Room Tip: I think every room has a different layout, so hard to know even by floor what you'll get.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

W hotel has made its name in fashionable boutique hotel and its LA property is something you can't miss when you are looking for something different in LA. The pool is spacious and the view is great, but parking around the property is limited and expensive, so valet is strongly recommended. Generally I like their decor and automsphere.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I had a great stay in this hotel - it has a very cool, inviting entry area (thought the person who checked me in could have been more warm and friendly), and I liked the retro-inspired design of my hotel room. I especially appreciated the L-shaped sofa in my room for doing some work on my laptop (with my feet up on the cushions). I remember sleeping well in the bed, but I found my bed at a Westin I slept in the previous night a lot more luxurious and comfortable. Perhaps the lower-profile mid-century modern inspired bed just wasn't built for that much cushioning and bedding. I was disappointed in my bathtub - the drain didn't close/open well and it just generally seemed old and uninviting (and I absolutely love taking baths to clean up and warm up after long, chilly flights). I liked the hip but intimate bar and restaurant and really enjoyed my meal at the restaurant. I ordered some room service and the gentleman who brought me my glass of wine was extremely nice.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I had a nice stay at the W Los Angeles. The service was good and my room was large and clean. I ate breakfast at the hotel each morning and it was very good. While the fitness center was small, I never had trouble getting on a machine. Overall very good stay.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
James G, General Manager at W Los Angeles - Westwood, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Hello,

The talent here is dedicated to ensuring each guest has an enjoyable stay from the moment your arrive. Our Welcome Ambassadors always ensure the check-in is smooth and quick. I am glad to hear you were pleased with your room. Our functional décor and cool colors allow for a relaxing atmosphere. Each our suites is uniquely appointed, creating a new experience each time you stay. Chef Dakota Weiss curates inspiring menus for each meal in both The Backyard and NineThirty. During you next stay, you will have stay for dinner.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

All the best,
James G.
Piedmont, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I always have mixed reviews after staying at W Hotels, but this was one of my better experiences.

Pros - the room was quite functional, including a good desk / work area separate from the bed / bathroom; location is fantastic, walking distance to retail on Westwood and the UCLA campus; pool and outdoor restaurant is a wonderful escape from the bustling streets of LA; very helpful house car for nearby trips; water fall steps at the entrance

Cons - furnishings in the room were a bit tired (bed and bathroom were fine); TV almost too small for viewing while in bed; bar scene surprisingly non-existent

Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Good hotel in a great location halfway between Santa Monica and Beverley Hills. Check in OK, room big but AC doesn't work while you sleep so room gets very hot. Bathroom OK but not amazing. Pool small, very few loungers and a very busy pool party meant we couldn't get near it one afternoon which was a disappointment.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Temecula
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Our stay was just perfect. Mellissa chinchilla set up all of our reservations off site and led us to the perfect hot spots for a birthday getaway. We had a romantic, hip, and classy dinner and the whole stay was hassle free. The staff at the hotel arranged everything for us. All we had to do was show up. The service made us feel like celebrities. This hotel is a must for an LA destination.

• Stayed September 2013

Been to W Los Angeles - Westwood? Share your experiences!