“good, trendy but lack in details” 4 of 5 stars

Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #37 of 340 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersSilver level
Brasil
“good, trendy but lack in details”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

It is the second time that I go to this W Hotel. I like the location, the rooms are very confortable as all W, mattress wonderful as well as the pillows. Shower could be much better, linen is very good, but when it come to amenities, details and service they could try better. Room service is slow and not so efficient, but housekeeping and reception very good. I think they just have to accomplish details that other W units have already achieved.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
James G, General Manager at W Los Angeles - West Beverly Hills, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Our prime location always puts our guests near many popular attractions throughout the city while also revealing a few gems. Our Insider, Melissa, is our go to person for discovering all the best places to go. On your next visit, you should reach out to her for some recommendations.

I appreciate your feedback and take all guest comments and address them with each department to ensure improvements are being made. During our peak hours, in-room dining can take a few extra minutes to ensure we deliver a quality dish every time. I will pass your compliments along to Style and Welcome.

We look forward to seeing you back soon.

James G.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Sugar Land, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

My wife and I had a great stay for one night at the W in Westwood. It was fun seeing them film a tv show inside the hotel while we were there as well! It is walking distance to all of the attractions in the westwood area and UCLA. The pool and outdoor bar was very enjoyable. We enjoyed our stay there and would be happy to return.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
James G, General Manager at W Los Angeles - West Beverly Hills, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
It is always great to hear from our guests who have experienced our hotel for the first time. Our décor and overall atmosphere does make us a popular choice for filming various shows or commercials. WET is a great place to unwind and enjoy the beautiful weather.

Reach out to our W Insider, Melissa during your next stay. She can help you find the best restaurants and attractions to visit while you are in Los Angeles. I hope to see you again soon.

Best wishes,
Henderson, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Last weekend my husband and I spent the weekend in LA and stayed at the W Westwood for our fourth time! We love everything about this hotel! The size is perfect; parking is easy; the decor is sleek and modern; and the pool area is a wonderful retreat.

This time we upgraded to a larger suite and enjoyed the extra space, especially the larger bathroom. We had breakfast one day in the outdoor patio area and is was spectacular!

The only disappointment of our stay was Bliss Spa. Immediately after we checked in, we called the spa to make appointments. They were booked for our entire stay and could not accomodate us. The hotel concierge told us that so many locals use the spa that appointments are often hard to come by unless you book weeks before your visit.

My husband and I live in Las Vegas, home to many lavish hotel resort spas. We know that the hotels always keep a block of appointments for their hotel guests so they can accomodate last-minute bookings. Wouldn't Bliss Spa at the W LA do the same to accomodate hotel guests who may decide at the last minute to take advantage of such a nice spa?

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
We love having you. There is so much to love about our hotel. Our spacious suites always makes for a comfortable stay. Both of our restaurants, NineThirty and The Backyard have great dishes created by Chef Dakota Weiss. WET is great spot to relax for hotel guests and locals alike. Lastly, our fabulous W Insider is great at creating memorable experiences for any occasion. On your next visit, she would be happy to have some recommendations prepared for you.

Bliss Spa is always quick to be fully booked even weeks in advance. Their great service and products are popular among both or guests and locals. We do recommend that you make your appointment in advance of you stay due to the popularity. On your next stay, please let us know what services you would like and we will happy to make the appointment for you prior to your arrival.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed here for a couple of days with a friend from Sydney Australia & had the best stay. Loved the location. We had friends over for lunch by the pool & it was fantastic. The staff was amazing & so helpful. We were celebrating our friends 28th wedding anniversary & it was perfect.
W Westwood is now the only hotel in L.A. I will stay at or recommend to friends, family & co-workers. We had a small problem with A/C leak & management was so courteous & helpful that I have to mention it just because of the way management handled the problem. Love this hotel, makes you feel respected & valued as a customer.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Our location is really what makes this W Hotel such a stand out in Los Angeles. We are just steps from great dining, shopping and entertainment. Our W Insider, Melissa, is always happy to guide you to the places that should not be missed. On your next visit with us, reach out to her and she will gladly put together a list of places for you to explore.

Congratulations to your friends on 28 years of marriage. I am glad to hear we were able to celebrate with you. The Backyard restaurant is fantastic any time of year. Chef Dakota Weiss is always creating new dishes with the freshest ingredients. You will have to try NineThirty for dinner.

We always do our best to ensure that our guests are as comfortable and well-taken care of as possible. Thank you for letting us know of the problem so that we could make the repair as quickly as possible. I will be sure to pass your compliments along to everyone involved.

Until next time,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Finding this place is fun, makes you feel as if you are having an clandestine affair. Our stay was uneventful, however later we discovered I had left our trip planner, a binder with all the info needed for continuing our california travels.
I called the hotel, security had found it...they promptly faxed info to the next hotel, which reduced our rate substantially. Thanks to security for sending my binder home too. There was a lot of extra cash stashed in a hidden pocket so disaster was avoided.

• Stayed March 2013
Being nestled in a quiet neighborhood of Westwood makes us the perfect escape. We are still close to great dining and nightlife, but hidden enough that you can truly getaway. We were glad to be able to get your trip planner back to you. I hope the remainder of your vacation was just as enjoyable as your stay with us.

Woodland, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I just stayed here with my daughter for one night which was due to an emergency situation and it was one night too many. Although the front desk people were very nice and helpful, it didn't make up for the room.

Sofa had stains on it
Towels were poor quality
Noise was horrible
No answer for operator, front desk and their whenever whatever service at10pm
Lobby was so loud you could barely talk
There were more valet people than hotel staff
Room service meal was poorly presented

I have never stayed at a W property and thought it was considered one of the better chains. Perhaps it is being right in the middle of Westwood, next to UCLA and gets more of a party type crowd which would explain the blaring music.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
We would like to win you back for another stay. Many of the things that you did not like can easily be remedied. If you ever find any aspect of your stay not to your level of satisfaction, please reach out to us and we will ensure that it is quickly cleaned, repaired or replaced.

Our Whatever/Whenever service is a very popular feature and sometimes experiences a high volume of calls late in the evening. I assure you, our talent is always eager to ensure our guests are having a great stay. Anything you need, just ask.

As a lively property, we do have music playing in Whiskey Blue in the late evening a few days a week. If you find that area of the hotel to loud, I invite you to grab a drink in The Backyard. A cocktail under the stars sounds like a great way to wrap up your evening.

Come back in and see us on your next trip to Los Angeles. We would love to see you.

James G
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed at the W Los Angeles Westwood for over 12 days and the product was in good shape. I loved their amenities and the room I got. The rooms seem newly renovated or very well kept.

The only reason I gave a 4 out of 5 is due to:
- Housekeeping service is spotty: some days I will get the comp bottle of water in the rooms, some not, some days I would get new toiletries, some not. There was not much consistency.
- Valet team: biggest disappointment. As I was there for business, several days I called to get my car ready as I had to leave for meetings... and to my surprise, I would get down, wait, wait and wait... and when I asked, they would then go and pick up the car (what was the point of calling?). This happened more than 5 times, and it happened once again after I just checked out... poor service.

Front Desk team was AMAZING and so was the concierge. Super friendly and super helpful.

On Sundays they have their famous pool parties open to all guests, be sure to go down early to get a chair as they get busy quickly and there are no reservations. The party was really cool.

Food quality of the hotel is great.

Location is also great, there are several places to grab something to eat if you are tired of hotel food, including Whole Foods, Target, and several restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: Be sure to request a room away from the elevators (I know this is usually a common sense but in this...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
We loved being your home for a few weeks. Providing exceptional service is always something we strive for from great in room amenities to an attentive welcome desk. If you ever find anything not to your liking, please feel free to reach out. We will do everything possible to make your stay more comfortable. Our style team is happy to leave you extra Bliss products or even additional water. A call down to Whatever/Whenever and you can bet we will get you what you need.

I understand your frustrations in waiting for your car even after you had called down for it. I assure you your feedback has been discussed and immediate action has been taken to ensure prompt and consistent service is delivered.

I am glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of our concierge service while you were with us. There is no better way to explore Los Angeles than through their careful recommendations. I hope you had the opportunity to connect with our Insider, Melissa. She knows the city like no one else and can help with anything you need.

Until next time,
James G.

Been to W Los Angeles - West Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!