“Quiet cool comfort” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlanta, GA
“Quiet cool comfort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Spent the holiday weekend in a suite here at the W - Westwood. The hotel is located in a more residential area a few blocks from Wiltshire. That plus the fact that we were on a high floor made for a quiet stay. The room was spacious and well appointed. The staff was friendly and the complimentary bottled water at the valet a nice touch.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Nice property. Typical W hotel except the service is poor. Had to ask for the sofa bed to be made up twice and still did not occur. Asked to speak to manager and was told that I would get a call, but even that did not occur!!!

Although hotel service was poor, the pool service excellent!

Hopefully this will improve prior to my next trip to LA.

• Stayed May 2013
James G, General Manager at W Los Angeles - Westwood, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Hi Marc,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review. I apologize that the sofa was not made up and you didn’t receive a call from a manager. I assure you this is not typical of our hotel as we are often commended for our excellent customer service. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed The Backyard and WET during your stay and they provided great service. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay. Please email me at wlosangelesfan@whotels.com and let me know if there is anything I can do prior to your arrival.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I stay here about once a month for work and consider it my home away from home. If I could rent a room here and just live at the W, I would.

First, the location is great and off the main streets and madness of LA/Westwood. Although, a few blocks away, the traffic, especially leading to the 405 onramps can be treacherous. Prepare accordingly esp w/ the construction happening currently (2013) in widening the freeway.

The lobby is beautiful and has that 'hip' and 'modern' feel that the W brand evokes. There's great spaces to sit and talk with a companion, have a drink, get work done...anything.

I haven't had a full meal at the restaurant but have had the sweet potato fries at the bar that were really addictive. All the cocktails are great but a bit pricey.

I've splurged on a spa treatment once and it was great. The masseuse had great advice for me to help my shoulders and the waiting area had a nice variety of snacks and drinks while you wait.

The staff takes care of everything here and creates a very personalized experience. Any request or problem I've had has always been handled quickly and professionally. They always make me feel welcome at the hotel.

The pool area is beautiful and a great place for a drink and 'to be seen'. In the winter, they place an ice rink over it and it can be a nice place to relax too.

The rooms are so incredibly spacious and make my own apartment at home seem like a closet. I am an SPG platinum member so usually always get a larger suite. There's so much room I often don't enter the 'office' room that is attached. All the details have modern, clean, and colorful design elements...the couch, bathroom, desk and chair. All of it is again, elements that perfectly ladder up to the W brand.

You can't ask for more when your on the road for work.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hi,

Thank you for making us home while you are on the road. I love hearing about how much our guests truly enjoy so many aspects of our hotel. Our location is truly perfect for just about anything you want to do in Los Angeles. Next time you are here, have dinner NineThirty. The creative menu has so many fantastic dishes that you simply can’t go wrong with anything you choose. Bliss Spa is the perfect way to relax and spoil yourself a little. I will pass your compliments along to the Talent here. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Plymouth, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I was in town for the weekend to attend an Auction at the Beverly Hills Peninsula Hotel. I'm a SPG Platinum, so I almost always opt for a Starwood property, if there is one close to where I'm working. In this case, the W Hotel in Westwood perfectly fit the bill!

As I almost always do, I got upgraded on checkin to a cool, very functional suite on the Penthouse floor. Suite didn't have a coffee maker, so I called Whatever Whatever and one was delivered while I was out for my dinner date on Friday night, complete with plenty of coffees and creams to get me up and going on Saturday morning for the Auction.

When I got back to the hotel after dinner, the valet remembered my name and genuinely asked how my dinner was. I experienced that kind of attention throughout my stay at this property. It really is the little things that make a huge difference in properties! And this W Hotel has got it going!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
James G, General Manager at W Los Angeles - Westwood, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for your loyalty! I am always thrilled to hear about our guests having an incredible stay with us. We always try to reward our SPG members with an upgrade when they stay with us so I am glad to hear you enjoyed yours. Our Whatever/Whenever service loves to help guests get anything they need, no matter how large or small. The coffee and cream was our pleasure to deliver. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to our Talent. They work very hard to ensure that the little things are delivered in a big way. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Hard to find but super cool, the W in Westwood is a great place to have a secret adventure. After a restful night in one of their unique rooms, and breakfast in bed, we were sad to leave the ivy covered tower. Later that day, I was horror struck to find I had left a folder with several critical items in the room, one letter was needed to check into the a st. Regis that night. A quick call back confirm they had found my folder. They not only returned it to me, but promptly faxed the needed paperwork to the St Regis for yet another terrific Starwood experience. Thanks for the great service, see you again.

• Stayed April 2013
Hi,

Being tucked away in the heart of Westwood does make us the perfect place to have an adventure. Our quiet locale combined with our comfortable beds provides the perfect nights rest.

I am so glad to hear that we could recover your folder and return it to you so promptly. It is our pleasure to help make your vacation as stress free as possible. We look forward to having you back soon.

All the best,
Fairbanks, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

The W Westwood is a very nice hotel. The rooms are good sized with a desk you can work on. I had a small suite which is more like a little apartment. The white on white decor wasn't exactly to my taste but I could see what they were going for and it works. The hotel is close to Lax and has easy freeway access. Perfect if you're coming in late but don't want to stay in one o the LAX hotels.

• Stayed June 2012
Hello,

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our suites are the perfect home away from home. The desk space is perfect for getting some work done or catching up on emails. We have the best location for just about any activity from sightseeing to shopping. We hope to see you on your next visit to Los Angeles.

Best,
Doha, Qa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is unique. Restarts are must to try. Rooms are unique, in the sense that they have only studios and suites. I booked a studio, yet was upgraded to cornered suite. As soon as you enter, you get a strange yet warm feeling that you don't feel you are in a hotel. I absolutely loved it.

• Stayed May 2013
Hello,

Thank you for the kind words! Our suites create the feeling of home while you travel. I am glad to hear that enjoy staying with us so much. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

James G.

Been to W Los Angeles - Westwood? Share your experiences!