“Close to UCLA campus and Westwood attractions” 4 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #18 of 322 hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersSilver level
Westborough, Massachusetts
“Close to UCLA campus and Westwood attractions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The folks at this W Hotel take seriously their "whatever" trademark slogan. When I called down for a map that showed nearby places to eat - they had a map ready with certain restaurants highlighted. When I was checking out and asked for my car to be brought around they handed me a bottle of chilled water for the drive to my next stop. The room was attractively and comfortably furnished, the usual guest requests handled quickly and efficiently.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
James G, General Manager at W Los Angeles - Westwood, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Glad to hear you enjoyed our Whatever/Whenever service! I hope you had a chance to check out our full service Bliss Spa, or take advantage of our complimentary Acura service during your time with us!

Hope to see you back again soon!

856 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Montgomery, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a very nice property. In keeping with the hipster theme of the W brand, the decor of this place is Bohemian to say the least. The staff were all super friendly. The property is very nicely kept and clean. Was upgraded to a spectacular Queen suite. The amenities and honor bar had everything (including an intimacy package with condoms, lube and all). Not sure what I would have thought about that if my 9 and 13 year old were with me. ;-) Nonetheless, the propery is within walking disctance to UCLA and many nice little shops and eateries in Westwood. The room was quiet. The bed was very comfortable. Although the furniture in the room was very "cool", it lacked on comfort. Would definitely recommend for someone staying in Westwood.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the kind review, we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience! It is always great to be able upgrade our guests, and as we are an all suite hotel, our rooms are made to impress!

Any W Hotel is geared for adults, and many of the elements reflect that, including our Munchie Box, cocktail culture, and programming options.

I am glad to see you would recommend our property, and I hope to welcome you back again soon.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

My wife and i had the pleasure of staying at the W Westwood recently (we've stayed in 10 of the W's across the US and some internationally). It's a bright W, not typical, and in a wonderful location in Los Angeles. It's one of our favorite W's from a design perspective and the grounds are awesome. But none of this was the best part of our stay. We contacted the W Insider and Melissa Chinchilla helped us plan one of the most amazing weekends we've ever had in LA. She had limitless suggestions of places to go and was able to get us in at some incredibly posh and cool events (easter sunday brunch as LACMA, jazz clubs, amazing tables at some very cool and very "LA" restaurants). Melissa is the reason to stay at this W and she epitomizes the Whatever, Whenever brand that the W has does such a good job building. 5 stars for the property and I could give Melissa and the W Insider 10 stars they would get it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Aptos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed for one night at the beautiful W Hotel in Westwood. We had a huge 2-room suite (which I think was a regular room) with a full-size desk with tons of outlets for our devices, a large L-shaped couch and big-screen TV and plenty of floor space, two double beds in the bedroom, and a nice bathroom. The staff were super friendly at reception and curbside. We ate dinner and breakfast in our room and both were great. Fast service, helpful staff, and delicious food. I worked out in the fitness room, which has several treadmills, several elliptical machines, free weights, weight machine, chilled towels, and A/V entertainment on the cardio machines. The overall look of the hotel is sleek and modern, but it doesn't feel stark and uncomfortable. I would definitely stay here again, as it's so close to UCLA and Westwood, has giant rooms and great facilities, and a really nice staff.

Room Tip: We were on the back side of the hotel and it was really quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
James G, General Manager at W Los Angeles - Westwood, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us! All of our rooms are suites here at W Los Angeles – Westwood!

I personally love hearing that our Talent was able to impress you. I am glad you enjoyed our In Room Dining, and next time you will have to try the food at NineThirty! Our Executive Chef Dakota Weiss is amazing, and she just launched the spring menu.

I hope to welcome you back again soon!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I have stayed at very nice hotels and paid less. That said, I am from New York City so I am aware of the cost of location, location, location. This was a good hotel with well appointed rooms but the rooms needed to be updated. At the time we visited the pool was closed as it was being prepared for winter season and installation of an ice rink (really? --wouldnt a heated pool in an atrium type environment be a better touch?) The staff was accomodating and breakfast was good. We parked about .5 miles away from the hotel as parking was overpriced and you could easily find parking on the street for free or little charge. There are a few small but nice restaurants around the corner within walking distance. It was a nice enough hotel but could have used some updates.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. CHILL was a fixture at our hotel for the past few years, and usually a guest favorite to see an ice rink in the middle of Los Angeles. It is a shame you did not get to see it. Your idea of an atrium is an intriguing one, and I will take it back to the team.

I am happy to see you enjoyed our Talent while you were here, and that you had a chance to eat breakfast at NineThirty. The Backyard, our poolside restaurant, is open for lunch, and now that we are in Spring I invite you back to experience it.

Great Falls, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Stayed here for UCLA conference. Great location. Hotel looks great from outside, but rooms, while nicely appointed, are in poor physical shape. The biggest problem is that I can hear the guy in the next room talking on the phone. Expect this for a dorm, but not a mid to high end hotel. Also toilet ran and room (supposed to be non smoking) smelled like smoke. Off to the drugstore to buy earplugs.

• Stayed March 2013
Hello, and thank you for staying with us during your UCLA conference. We usually hear great feedback on the size and style of our all-suite hotel, and I will be sure to take your feedback to the team. We are a non-smoking property, and we do have policies in place to enforce those guidelines. We would have loved the chance to change your room to ensure a great experience.

I do hope we can welcome you back again on your next visit.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I went to The W Westwood for M Dot Design Studio's launch event last Saturday which was featured in the event newsletters they sent out. It's the first time I actually attended one of their featured events, and I must say that I am glad I took on such an experience with The W. The event consisted of a pop up shop featuring M Dot's custom handmade clothing which many women as well as MEN were picking up mesmerized by the fact that all pieces were indeed hand made and looked amazing in quality.

I also could not help but notice how perfect the hotel was for events such as these or just simply a good time. The ambiance is not only warm but as others have described on here, the atmosphere is also very "hip" and modern. Service is professional and on top of it. The bar and food at Whiskey Blue are absolutely phenomenal-- the potato balls and the sliders are absolute must-haves. The location is also perfect as it is right across from UCLA, and it is nice for the students to have convenient access to great foods and extraordinary events. Overall, being into event planning, The W in Westwood is definitely a venue that I was consider in a snap! Other than that, I am glad I have a hotel and good restaurant and bar to recommend my friends the next time anyone will be in town.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
James G, General Manager at W Los Angeles - Westwood, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Hello, and thank you for attending our M. Dot Design Studio’s Spring Launch Party! Hosting these events is a cornerstone of the W Brand, and we love hearing that our guests enjoyed it.

I appreciate the recommendation, it really means a lot, and I hope to welcome you back again for the next one!

James

Been to W Los Angeles - Westwood? Share your experiences!