“Great roomy place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #19 of 322 hotels in Los Angeles
Picton
“Great roomy place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

What a great friendly hotel! Every person we have encountered has been friendly and accommodating to us, front desk staff, restaurant staff, concierge (very helpful!) and maintenance. We picked a mega suite because there are four us and we are staying for ten days. It's great with two bedrooms and two bathrooms. Staying on the penthouse floor we have a spectacular view! The main bed and bath are huge for a hotel. We have ordered in room dining a couple of times and it was delicious! And the people who delivered it were very nice. The valets are super friendly and it's nice to be "welcomed back", I can't say I would remember people like that all the time! I like the location of the hotel, only minutes drive from everywhere. We have stayed in west Hollywood and Hollywood before and I prefer this location as it is less busy. Thumbs up to W, I would definitely come back!

Room Tip: Higher up is always nice at any hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
James G, General Manager at W Los Angeles - Westwood, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Hello, and thanks for staying with us in Los Angeles! Reading about our Talent making a positive impact is always the best sort of review, I appreciate you taking the time to share it!

I love our Westwood location, it is central to everywhere in the city. The Mega Suites are a guest favorite, and I am glad it worked so well for your 10 day stay! Our in room dining program offers a fantastic menu, and I hope you had a chance to check out The Backyard, our poolside restaurant for lunch!

We appreciate that you would return, and I can’t wait to welcome you back.

849 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Odessa, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The W Westwood is a must stay!! Every staff member we encounter was friendly and really helpful. The hotel itself is very nice and the location was excellent! We will stay there everytime we are in the area!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
It is always a pleasure to know our guests would return, we love recognizing our loyal guests when they visit us again and again. I know we are looking forward to your next stay!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

This hotel is awesome! The room I stayed in had a giant living room with couches, and everything is really clean. A definite gem of a hotel with friendly, responsive staff. There are indoor and outdoor restaurants, as well as a beautiful pool area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for the great review! I love reading the word awesome on TripAdvisor! We are an all-suite hotel, so we get tons of great feedback on the size and design of our rooms.

It sounds like you got a great tour of the property, and I hope you were also able to check out our full service Bliss Spa on the second floor as well.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon,
Gerringong, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We stayed at the W for a couple of days before heading off on a road trip east. The W corner suite was clean, roomy, functional and quiet. All the staff members we came into contact with were great. Perfect place to stay after a long flight from Sydney. No complaints at all.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us in Westwood! I hope the rest of your road trip out east went as well as your time in Los Angeles!

Next time you are back from Australia, we look forward to seeing you again!

Madison, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed here for seven nights last June and had a wonderful stay. The location for me was perfect. Able to walk to tons of bars and shops in Westwood Village and the UCLA campus. A huge plus that while it's just a short cab ride away from WeHo it's far enough away to not feel like you're smack dab in the middle of LA.

While I stayed there the boyband One Direction was also staying there. It was complete chaos outside of the front doors and in the Backyard at times. The staff did there best to control the hoards of teens but they were just outnumbered. At first it was a little annoying waking up to 100 15 year olds singing but I started to find amusement in it around the third day or so.

The room itself was mostly perfect. It was huge, first of all. The living room furniture was comfortable as was the bed. The only issue I had was with the bathroom. The shower drained really, really slow and I wish that the entire bathroom had been bigger but that wasn't too much of an issue.

The backyard service at the bar was horrendous. Not to mention the prices are shameful. $8 for a half-pint of beer? No thanks. The bar inside was much better, especially during the week when it was relatively empty with just hotel guests.

Room service was consistently excellent. I had about five or six meals via room service and each one was brought to me promptly and with a smile. The breakfast was my favorite that I ordered, but the chicken Alfredo deserves a shout out as well.

The doormen were wonderful. Always got a cab promptly and they always helped me if I was carrying bags, etc.

Overall I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone who's visiting LA. It's a really great spot to stay if you're staying for an extended time as I was.

I'll be staying here again in March. Really looking forward to it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
James G, General Manager at W Los Angeles - Westwood, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Hello there,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us in Los Angeles. I am thrilled to see you enjoyed our Westwood location, I love taking a walk through Westwood Village. We are convenient to all of the great neighborhoods in Los Angeles, including Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, and West Hollywood. I hope you had a chance to check out our complimentary Acura service, which can take you to nearby destinations!

Well, not much I can say about the boy band incident, but we do our best to provide amazing experiences for each of our guests!

We usually do hear great feedback on the size of our suites, and I will be sure to follow up with our engineering team on any bathroom issues.

It sounds like you were able to experience many of the features of the property, and I do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Orinda
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I was surprised by the number of small and not so small things that needed fixing such as the plug for the blowdryer did not work, the tub did not have a stopper and a light did not work. A disappoinment for this fancy hotel. The scent in the lobby was sickening and caused my allergies to act up. Tried holding my breath to the elevator but was not successful. We had to get a different suite because in the first one it was immpossible to get around the foot of the bed. I don't know how it could possibly pass egress rules. In the suite we ended up in we had to move the bench at the end of the bed to get around the bed. Suprising for what should be a great hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay in Los Angeles. Although I am sorry to see that you encountered some inconveniences during your stay.

We usually hear great feedback on the design and size of our all suite property, as well as the signature scent of every W hotel.

Thanks,
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I have stayed at the W Westwood 4 times since it opened. It has grown up since it tried hard to be cool and hip like a teenager. Now it appears to have found a nice spot - still cool and hip but a bit more low key and sophisticated. Everything I must say was delivered well per expectations. I would easily stay again.

I did have the displeasure of dealing with a young woman at whatever whatever who was less than enthusiastic about her service job. She spoiled what otherwise would have been a flawless stay.

• Stayed March 2013
Hello! I wanted to say a quick thanks for the continued loyalty. I love meeting and welcoming our return guests, so please let me know next time you are on property!

Every property goes through changes, and the entire W brand is continuously evolving. We put a huge emphasis on service, so I am sorry to read your experience was anything less than amazing. I invite you back again, I know we would all love to welcome you soon.

James

Been to W Los Angeles - Westwood? Share your experiences!