“A W hotel that lives up to its brand” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #24 of 318 hotels in Los Angeles
Singapore, Singapore
“A W hotel that lives up to its brand”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Centrally located within reach of Century City, Santa Monica and Beverly Hills and of course UCLA, this W lives up to the brand. It's clean, modern, has a good bar and the staff try very hard to please.

It has two restaurants, neither of which border on excellent but will do the job if you can't be bothered venturing out. The hotel has made a real effort with the bar area and it pays off.

For business or pleasure, I would recommend it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
James G, General Manager at W Los Angeles - Westwood, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you very much for the recommendation, we really appreciate it!
I love our location in Westwood as well, I hope you a chance to take a walk in the local area while you were here.

I hope we can welcome you back again soon, and next time you have to try The Backyard during the warmer months, it is one of the best outdoor dining choices in town!

Thanks,
Jams

781 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Beverly Hills, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

It's hidden within Westwood, close to UCLA, within walking distance to Westwood restaurants. Though, most of the restaurants are catering to students, you'd be better of driving to Santa Monica, Century City or Beverly Hills to find good food. Although the hotel has 2 restaurants that serve very good food, until very late at night. Great pool with cabanas. Overall, very pleasant place to stay.

Room Tip: great deals for AAA members, IATA members
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I know this hotel is in LA, but $17 for a bowl of oatmeal and a cup of coffee? $38 for overnight parking? Are they just testing the bounds of reality to see how far they can push people before someone actually says something like "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?"

Still, this is a gorgeous place. The staff are all very beautiful. The rooms, though quite small for a 'spectacular suite' (which is what I had) are beautifully decorated and the bed was super-comfy. The names of amenities at the place are totally pretentious - you press 'drive' on the phone to reach the valet.. but since they also provide a free ride anywhere in a 5 mile radius, it's hard at first to tell whether the 'drive' refers to *your* car or *their* car.

In summary, they're trying very hard to be chic and mostly, they succeed. I enjoyed my stay.. but was very glad that someone else (my company) was picking up the bill.

Room Tip: The bar and pool area downstairs can get very noisy at night - try to get a room on a higher floor i...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hello, and thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us in Westwood. Our WHEELS valet offers a safe and convenient place to park your car, and I can guarantee that it is very competitive within similar hotels across Los Angeles.

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed the property and our Talent. I am glad you also had a chance to utilize our complimentary Acura service.

I do hope next time you are in Los Angeles, for work or pleasure, you think of us.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I stayed at The W for two nights on a business trip to Los Angeles. I've stayed at three Starwood properties and this one was by far the best for one reason and one reason alone. The staff. In my two days at the hotel I was consistently greeted with a smile by people who seemed to genuinely enjoy their work. What a rare find this day in age!

I'd like to highlight one person in particular who went above and beyond. Her name is Melissa Chinchilla and she is the W Insider at this property. I met Melissa after inquiring about how I could get tickets to a play at Geffen Playhouse. She not only helped me with this, but then also spent time getting to know me and preparing a tailored Los Angeles experience (in my case think beer tasting at premier microbreweries around Los Angeles with the top brewmasters). If you stay at The W and have a boring time in L.A. then clearly you didn't talk with Melissa because if you had I guarantee you would have had a top shelf experience. Melissa is a wealth of information and is reason enough to stay at The W in Westwood, Los Angeles.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
S. CA.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Our son goes to UCLA so we decided to give this hotel a try; it is located a few blocks from the UCLA campus! I have "Ambassador" status with Starwood this year ... the program is new so I am not sure what exactly that entails (it is a higher level than platinum so I am told). Anyway, the hotel set us up in a nice suite which was perfect for our needs. When we were checked in we met Cary the "Welcome Talent Coach" at the front desk. I had a few minor requests and this young woman took care of us wonderfully. Cary is as good as it gets in the way of a front desk manager (or any manager for that matter). Even though she is young she is obviously very experienced in the hospitality field with a strong professional attitude and "air" about her. My entire family was very impressed with her and we hope to all see her again soon. And, since there is a beer or wine tasting at this hotel on most Friday nights (this night it was Angel City Brewery and Ashley was a very impressive Cicerone), there is a good chance Cary might see our (of age) son stopping by the hotel on a given Friday night even without us! We also had a similar positive experience in the lounge with a wonderful waitress that evening as well as with our waiter the next morning in the restaurant for breakfast. As I mentioned, just great staff all around at this hotel! Keep up the great work and we will see you again real soon when we visit our son again!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hello, and thanks for the review! We do get a lot of parents with us for campus visits, Go Bruins! Thank you for your continued loyalty to the SPG program, we really do appreciate our loyal guests, and congratulations on making Ambassador!

We recently launched a Weekend.Starts.Now. program, and offer complimentary beverages to guests on Friday from 5PM to 7PM! That weekend was our first, and we loved working with Angel City Brewery!

I hope to welcome you back again soon, it’s never too soon to plan a spring visit!

Looking forward to it,
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Second time at the W Westwood and was just as good a stay as the first time around! I was happy to see that since my previous stay (April 2012) the wifi was now free around the whole hotel! I was again upgraded from a studio to a suite (Couldn't believe it second time in a row in the same hotel!) which was very large. Only stayed for one night on the way back to Australia from the Carribean but was exactly what we needed - nice bed, very quiet, dinner at the restaurant before getting on a 14 hour flight was tasty, and our bathroom had a bath and two showers! (Not sure why, but wasn't complaining). As always love the W's Bliss products and took some home to use! Hotel very accommodating allowing us to book one room for a second night, (and it being the larger upgraded suite!) because our flight was not until midnight the next day. I like the W chain because you know what to expect, the service and staff are always good, the concierge was very chatty and we love the free Acura car service which took us to the Robertson Blvd/Beverly Centre. Westwood is a nice quiet college area close to nice suburbs like Bel Air and Beverly Hills and further away from Hollywood (which we wanted!!)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Had a 1 bedroom suite. It was well appointed, though a tad on the small side. Great view overlooking the nice pool area. Everyone from valet to desk staff to bartenders etc was perfect and friendly. No service complaints in the slightest.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
James G, General Manager at W Los Angeles - Westwood, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Glad to hear you enjoyed your mini-vacation with us. We do have a wide variety of room sizes in all our all suite hotel, including 2 bedroom suites. I hope you had a chance to experience The Backyard, our poolside alfresco dining choice located near WET. It is always a pleasure to know that our Talent made a great impression.

I hope we can welcome you back again in the near future.

James

Been to W Los Angeles - Westwood? Share your experiences!