“W, Westwood Los Angeles, CA” 4 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #24 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersSilver level
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
“W, Westwood Los Angeles, CA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Had a wonderful time here, conveniently close to everything. And walking distance. Had lunch and dinner in the restaurant and everything was wonderful. The front desk staff was most accommodating. Amber in the bar was so guest oriented. Yayyy, will return to this hotel.

Room Tip: We were on the 7th floor, and had a one bdrm suite. There were three of us girls and we each had a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I took my wife to the W Hotel - Westwood for our anniversary. I was running late as usual and sent the hotel an email last minute and asked if they had any anniversary specials. I didn't hear anything back but to our surprise they came the first night with a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries.

The staff was very friendly, the room was great, and the service was great!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Brad_Wulff, Guest Relations Manager at W Los Angeles - Westwood, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Hello, and thank you for celebrating your anniversary with us! We love special occasions, and I am glad we were able to surprise you and your wife with a gift.

I invite you back for your next anniversary, and hopefully sooner! Have a great day, and I hope your celebration was amazing.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Staff was nice and rooms are all suites. For a W, hotel was on a small side, which I liked. Nice bathroom, but was disappointed for not having a nice tub...only a shower. had all the amenities in the room you'd expect. few places to eat with in walking distance as well as Target in case you forgot something.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Checked in around midnight. The front desk was very friendly and helpful. We already booked for Fabulous suite, but none available when we arrived. So got upgraded to Mega suite, which was awesome. Instead of 1 room, we got 2 bedrooms with 2 bathrooms! The suite was super spacious, clean and modern. Free wi-fi with good connection. The hotel location is great. Everything was good, really enjoyed staying there. Would like to stay there again if I go to LA.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I travelled to LA for work recently and they put me up here. DJ is the chap who runs the front door/taxis and he was amazingly kind. The check-in staff were a little cool and haughty but efficient all the same. All the dining staff were great. The food is tasty and room service was super-quick.

Room was spacious, bathroom was big. Bed was comfy and I had plenty of towels. I couldn't fault the W and felt quite at home during my 4 day stay. I will be back next year!

• Stayed October 2012
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

First impressions - really nice room(s) - general rule seems to be you get a living room and a bedroom. First room offered had a bizarre power problem - no lights work - but room very quickly swapped with no hassle.

The problem with this hotel is in the soundproofing - or what felt like lack of any. In early evening I could hear one neighbours every move and their TV (loud enough that I thought mine had turned itself on) - and yet to be fair, I doubt they were being very loud ...when I went out for the evening the corridor was silent, so hardly a wild party going on.

Then my other neighbour put their television on in the early hours if the morning - again it was like someone had turned the TV in my bedroom on!! I did knock on the wall and realised at that point how thin the wall was!!! I ended up sleeping on my couch to get some peace.

What can I say - the bar is good, nice breakfast, room service good - but if you can't sleep it's all a bit pointless.

To be fair I'm sure I could have asked to change rooms (to a 3rd room), but as I was only staying 2 nights, had already unpacked, and had a tight schedule, it was simpler to use some earplugs I bought on the second night.

Staff helpful, hotel clean, decent wifi - just let down by soundproofing. Maybe I was just unlucky, and if I had been staying longer I'm sure a room switch could have been possible.

My only other complaint is that they added minibar snacks I hadn't had to my folio after I had checked out and paid - a quick email resolved this and they refunded - but it leaves a bad taste, especially when a platinum customer has declared what they have used from the minibar when checking out!!

I can't fault the service in the hotel - and the public areas (bar, restaurant, pool area) are all fabulous!

• Stayed October 2012
Brad_Wulff, Guest Relations Manager at W Los Angeles - Westwood, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Hello, and thank you for taking the time to provide a review on your recent stay with us. We appreciate any chance we have to receive feedback from our guests.

I am sorry to see about the issues you had with your room. I completely agree that providing a quiet and comfortable room should be a default consideration, and I apologize that this was not the case. Rest assured, your feedback has already been reviewed by our team, and your experience was the exception, not the rule. We usually receive positive feedback on the rooms, and rarely receive noise complaints from our guests. We are always happy to provide a room change, but I understand your reluctance to move given your situation.

We love having SPG members in house, and truly appreciate the continued loyalty that our guests show towards our brands. I am sorry that there was a billing mistake, but I am glad we were able to resolve it quickly. We do take any mistaken charges very seriously.

On a happy note, I am so glad you found our Talent to be fabulous, we love it when we receive service based compliments!

I hope you consider us next time you are in Los Angeles. Please feel free to reach out directly to me at brad.wulff@whotels.com prior to your next arrival and we will ensure a fantastic stay!

Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I'm a big fan of the W but given the other reviews on Tripadvisor, I was prepared for a "less than W" experience. Even then, I was still disappointed.

Pros: Great location and very friendly staff.

Cons: The hotel room was old and very dusty. The bathroom was not well ventilated.

Be careful of breakfast and parking fees. We received 14USD breakfast coupons but a coffee alone was already 5USD. We were told that parking was 35 USD per day with in and out rights. What they failed to tell us was that every time we left, we had to sign-out. So we ended up with a 100+USD parking bill.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hello, and thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us in Los Angeles. I am sorry to see that you were disappointed in your stay. It is always our goal to provide an amazing W experience.

I am glad you found our Talent and location to your liking, but I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with our Wheels parking. This was definitely a mistake, and we would love to remedy the issue. Please contact me directly at brad.wulff@whotels.com at your convenience to get it resolved.

I hope you think of us next time you are in Los Angeles, and I am looking forward to speaking
you soon!

Brad W

Been to W Los Angeles - Westwood? Share your experiences!