“Amazing Happy Hour” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Hollywood Roosevelt

You added The Hollywood Roosevelt to your Saves list
The Hollywood Roosevelt
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7000 Hollywood Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90028 (Formerly Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel - A Thompson Hotel) (Hollywood)   |
Hotel packages
Special Price
15% off room rate
Ranked #10 of 339 Hotels in Los Angeles
“Amazing Happy Hour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

My friends and I work nearby and stop by at the Public Kitchen & Bar occasionally for happy hour and the bartenders here are amazing. They are super friendly and very attentive, even when it gets busy. David is always greeting us with a big smile and Vince remembers everyone's name. Miguel is always available to take your order and Chad is super nice. Francisco is the best bar back in Hollywood and Alex is so sweet. No matter whether you're a regular or brand new to the bar, they make you feel so welcome and make sure your glass is always full. This has become our go-to after work spot and although the drinks are great, we really come here for the amazing service.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

I contacted the Roosevelt hotel to reserve a cabana suite and tables by the pool for my husband's birthday celebration. Bre and Johnny were extremely helpful in making it come together flawlessly. The suite is spectacular and leads out directly to the pool area. The pool area was clean and gorgeous! Our guests were kindly greeted. The food and drinks served were great! We were extremely satisfied with The Roosevelt's customer service. We would definitely return to celebrate more special days.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

From the moment I made reservations, I knew I was in for such a special treat.

First off, you MUST speak to Shanelle in reservations. Shanelle is so charming and lovely and warm. I connected with her on such a personal and human level that when I hung up the phone, I felt like I had spoken to a long-lost friend. I was so smitten with Shanelle, I immediately emailed the Roosevelt and said that if my stay were ANYTHING like my initial phone call, I was in for the vacation of a lifetime.

And The Hollywood Roosevelt proved me right, over and over.

My room was indescribably gorgeous. Just stunning. (I suspect Shanelle helped arrange for my room, but EVERYONE was so wonderful that, at this point, I have no clue. I just know that my room was spectacular.)

Bre Smith, Director of Guest Relations, is a shining star. Truly, the BEST. Every day, she went out of her way to make me and my friend feel special and appreciated. She emailed recommendations to me, catered specifically to what I wanted to experience in LA. She checked on us constantly and arranged for special treats to make us feel extra-special and appreciated. Bre DEFINES stellar guest relations at a luxury hotel.

V, the gorgeous hostess at the pool, is a total doll baby and she is funny and sweet and so accommodating. She made sure we had everything we needed at the pool.

Sophie and Millie at the front desk are absolutely lovely.

I don’t drink alcohol so the server at the pool went off the menu and made a frozen watermelon and mint drink special for me, after I described my favorite flavors.

A sweet bartender at 25 degrees bought us a malted milkshake one night, just because.

Every time we discussed leaving the property to sight-see in LA, we decided that there was nowhere else that we would rather be than the Roosevelt. We cancelled dinner reservations at the Chateau Marmont and Cicconi’s because we just didn’t want to leave the property.

I have traveled extensively in Mexico, Europe, Asia and the Middle East and no hotel has ever matched my magical experience at the Roosevelt. Across the board, the staff is amazing. The service is unparalleled. The food is delicious. The rooms are luxurious.

If you want to really experience what it’s like to live like a celebrity in LA, stay at The Hollywood Roosevelt.

Room Tip: They cater to your specific needs - read my review.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The Hollywood Roosevelt is a true gem in the heart of Hollywood with a fascinating history. The lobby and bar area are absolutely gorgeous and really take you back to an old Hollywood luxury feel. There is a nice selection of unique restaurants and bars to choose from. I've always found the staff to be very friendly and attentive.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Eagle, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Upon check in, our key cards would not allow us to get to the 8th floor. Had to go back to the front desk after an embarrassing trip to the 5th floor from another hotel guest's card. After this was corrected, we got to the room. Nice view, but the room wasn't really clean. See pics of bathroom floor. No carpeting, so it was probably just dust-mopped (they missed a few places). Walls in shower had someone's shaving cream residue left behind, complete with whiskers. Should have taken a pic of this but didn't discover until I was taking a shower later. We changed and went to the pool- completely packed and was told we could put our name in on a wait list for a pool chair. The restaurant poolside had another 30 min to an hour wait and it was suggested we could have a drink at the bar and wait (it was 2:30 in the afternoon- didn't want to start that early). As we were walking away, someone chased us down and said there was a table that "just opened up". Bed was fairly comfortable and the two extra pillows we requested showed up while we were out for dinner. Reported this all to the front desk upon checkout. They wound up comping our meal we had by the pool (normal dinner salad-sized cobb salad with no meat and an order of fries will run you about $35). They said they limited pool guests to people staying at the hotel (idk...). May try it again, may not. There's alot of choices for hotels in this immediate area and for almost $300 after all applicable taxes, not sure it was THAT worth it.

Room Tip: Make sure if you choose a room near the pool you are aware of the noise. It doesn't shut down un...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stayed at the Roosevelt for 3 days during an industry conference in Hollywood. The pool and Tropicana Bar were a really welcome oasis in the middle of a very busy week. I'll be back as soon as I'm dispatched to Hollywood again.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I went to the Roosevelt for my birthday. I've always loved this hotel and had such a good time for this special occasion. Had special attention for my birthday and Tyrone Johnson was amazing. He went above and beyond to make my experience better. Such a nice moment. Thank you Roosevelt Hollywood.

Stayed May 2015

Been to The Hollywood Roosevelt? Share your experiences!