We stayed for one night at the Roosevelt on our arrival in LA. I love the decor in this hotel. In the hallway leading up to our room, there are fabulous old "papparazzi" photos lining the halls with a little blurb about each. I loved that. Our room was nice, and overlooked Hollywood Bv and you could see downtown LA in the distance. There was a big picture of the Rolling Stones from a few decades ago over the bed. I thought it was a really fun touch. The bathroom was very retro, which I liked. There were a few issues with lack of space to put things. I dislike not having counterspace to put my makeup bag, etc... Also, the shower didn't have a curtain, just a piece of glass that covered one half of the shower, and it didn't meet up to the wall properly and leaked all over the floor whenever you showered. They did have nice toiletries.
The hotel is right smack in the middle of the action on Hollywood Bv. There was a Starbucks right across the street, which was handy for getting wifi, since the Hotel's free lobby wifi wasn't working while we were there. This was a disappointment since we are not American and have to rely on free wifi to keep in touch with home (since we're not willing to pay the ridiculous fees for wifi that hotels charge). But, I was quite happy to head over to the Starbucks and get my "fix". Also across the street was the Chinese Theater and all of the wonderful characters that go along with it.
The lobby area had beautiful leather couches and lounges to spend time in and was quite busy at night with people at the bar.
There is an amazing restaurant in the hotel called 25 degrees and their food was spectacular. I could not more highly recommend it.
Overall, I was very impressed with the hotel and would certainly stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Hollywood Roosevelt Los Angeles
- Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel
- Roosevelt Hotel La
- Hollywood Roosevelt
- Roosevelt Hotel Los Angeles
- Hotel Hollywood Roosevelt
- Roosevelt Hotel
- Roosevelt La
- Hotel Roosevelt Los Angeles
- Roosevelt Hotel California
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bringing glamour back to the Boulevard, Thompson’s Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel reincarnation resonates with the opulence of its fabled past. Located in the heart of Hollywood on the Walk of Fame across from the Grauman’s Chinese Theater, The Roosevelt houses some of the hottest drinking and eating venues on the west coast. These include the famous poolside Tropicana Bar, celebrity haunt Teddy’s nightclub, The Library bar which is acclaimed for its hand crafted cocktails, The Spare Room, a speakeasy gaming lounge featuring vintage bowling lanes and classic cocktails, and vaudeville inspired theater Beacher’s Madhouse. Public Kitchen and Bar serves eclectic American fare in a social atmosphere and award winning 24 Hour burger joint 25 Degrees offers a variety of dining options. To top it off, the hotel’s heated outdoor swimming pool provides guests the only locale in the world where they can swim in a million dollar work of art painted by acclaimed artist David Hockney. The hotel is constantly buzzing with the entertainment industry’s glitterati. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, BookIt.com, Venere, Amex, Cheap Tickets, Otel, Olotels, Hotwire and Tingo so you can book your Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel - A Thompson Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.