The hotel is very stylish and charming and the staff are great.
We don't usually like hotel restaurants but "Public" is an exception. Good food at not unreasonable prices.
There were two negatives to our stay :
- Staying in a cabana next to the pool on a Saturday night is not a good idea unless you want to join in with the very noisy pool party with speakers very close to some of the cabanas(including ours). Most people would find it very difficult to sleep until the music is turned off at 1.30 am.
- Drinks at the pool and in the hotel are very expensive. This is probably the downside of the hotel being used by a lot of non-guests and being part of the LA "scene".
The hotel is really three separate venues on one property :
- The more traditional main hotel
- The pool
- The more modern cabanas
Next time, I think that we will stay in a room in the main hotel rather than in a cabana.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bringing glamour back to the Boulevard, Thompson’s Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel reincarnation resonates with the opulence of its fabled past. Located in the heart of Hollywood on the Walk of Fame across from the Grauman’s Chinese Theater, The Roosevelt houses some of the hottest drinking and eating venues on the west coast. These include the famous poolside Tropicana Bar, celebrity haunt Teddy’s nightclub, The Library bar which is acclaimed for its hand crafted cocktails, The Spare Room, a speakeasy gaming lounge featuring vintage bowling lanes and classic cocktails, and vaudeville inspired theater Beacher’s Madhouse. Public Kitchen and Bar serves eclectic American fare in a social atmosphere and award winning 24 Hour burger joint 25 Degrees offers a variety of dining options. To top it off, the hotel’s heated outdoor swimming pool provides guests the only locale in the world where they can swim in a million dollar work of art painted by acclaimed artist David Hockney. The hotel is constantly buzzing with the entertainment industry’s glitterati. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel - A Thompson Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hollywood Roosevelt Los Angeles
- Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel
- Roosevelt Hotel La
- Roosevelt Hotel Los Angeles
- Hotel Hollywood Roosevelt
- Roosevelt La
- Hotel Roosevelt Los Angeles
- Roosevelt Hotel California