“A Bit Mixed” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel - A Thompson Hotel

Save Saved
You added Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel - A Thompson Hotel to your Saves list
Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel - A Thompson Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7000 Hollywood Boulevard, Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA 90028 (Central L.A.)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #94 of 322 hotels in Los Angeles
Weybridge, United Kingdom
“A Bit Mixed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

The hotel is very stylish and charming and the staff are great.

We don't usually like hotel restaurants but "Public" is an exception. Good food at not unreasonable prices.

There were two negatives to our stay :

- Staying in a cabana next to the pool on a Saturday night is not a good idea unless you want to join in with the very noisy pool party with speakers very close to some of the cabanas(including ours). Most people would find it very difficult to sleep until the music is turned off at 1.30 am.
- Drinks at the pool and in the hotel are very expensive. This is probably the downside of the hotel being used by a lot of non-guests and being part of the LA "scene".

The hotel is really three separate venues on one property :
- The more traditional main hotel
- The pool
- The more modern cabanas

Next time, I think that we will stay in a room in the main hotel rather than in a cabana.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

1,594 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The Hollywood Roosevelt is in a good location right across the road from the Chinese theatre, on Hollywood blvd! The hotel boasts a stylish lobby with beautiful lounges in an opulent setting- this attracts a big crowd on Saturday nights. The onsite restaurant 'public' was fantastic with delicious food and great service. I wouldn't rate the onsite burger restaurant though- just average. We were upgraded to a cabana suite with a good deal- although it wasnt on the pool side of the building (which I was later pleased about due to the very loud pool party) was well appointed with modern amenities- The bed was not all that comfortable though. A party that went on across the hall continued until 430 am so little sleep was had- which put a dampner on our stay. All in all a nice hotel but not for people who aren't interested in partying

Fresno, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

One night stay for a wedding being held at this hotel. Staff was friendly. Although a few phone calls produced some frustration about an early check in time, when we arrived our room was ready and the front desk staff was very accommodating. The room was very sleek. The lighting was very hard to work ... high tech and confusing. The configuration of the bathroom made it nearly impossible to open the shower door and have the bathroom door open at the same time. The design of the sink in the bathroom is terrible...you end up with water all over the counter. Pricey.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

This was my first trip to LA, I have been to San Diego, San Fran, and Napa. I booked the Hollywood Roosevelt because I have heard about it on TV often and on Orbitz the room rates were very inexpensive, starting at 180 per night. I stayed here this past September 2012. I booked the Cabana Garden View suite. I wanted to be on the first level close to the pool since I was staying there alone. I am 25, from WI, my friends all live in LA but I wanted that LA experience so I booked a hotel room. I would most definitely go to the Hollywood Roosevelt again.

Room: The room was small but cozy, there was a large king bed, a sofa, tile bathroom, and a sitting area outside with a bed (the bed was a little dirty, I never used it though). There was very dim lighting in the room, which was inconvenient for when I did my hair and makeup. The beds were comfortable, but the ac would not get any warmer than 62 degrees, so either I was hot (bc I had to turn it off) or freezing, I asked for more blankets. My room, inconveniently was located right across from the pool bar, and that does not close until midnight, the first night I was the I went to bed early after a very long day of traveling, and could not sleep because they were cleaning the bar until about 2 am, throwing bottles, etc.

Pool: The pool was amazing, the lounge chairs were comfortable, however, everyone does look like a super model, I thought it was fun, but it could be uncomfortable for some people. The serves was great, they had free water too at the bar (self serve). They had food at the pool you can order to your chair. I met some great people there. They also let just people from outside the hotel come sit at the pool , so you will meet a lot of locals. I also saw Audriana Patridge doing a photo shoot while I was there. They have pool floats, and on Sat they had a bud light pool party which was cool, they gave free green towels and had green pool floats. The weather was perfect, high 80’s no humidity, I also got a very good tan.

Food: I went to 25 Degrees, worst burger I have ever had, I am from WI so I know good meat, I literally had to send my food back and get a grilled cheese. My friends were local, and they said it tasted fine to them but they understood the difference because they are from WI also.

Location: Awesome location for tourists, right across from the Grauman's Chinese Theater/ Walk of Fame/ many restaurants. However, this strip is literally a block long, if you go too far either way it is dangerous, so be careful. There is a Bean and Tea Leaf across from the hotel, so I had coffee there every day which was nice. No places from breakfast nearby, I ended up going to this little café 2 days down the street from the hotel, but it was nothing special.

Nightlife: We had the best time drinking at the lobby bar, met a few celebrities, and rock stars hanging out there. After, I met with soem friends who wanted to go to a club, but it was $600 for us to get in because they required bottle service, probably because we were with guys, or else they would have let us in for free. We skipped it, that seemed pretty ridiculous. Wish we would have just stayed at the lobby bar!

Disney: My friend works for Disney so we had free tickets, it is about a 2 hr drive in traffic there, so leave time to get there. Def worth going to, we went to both parks, lines are very long, I recommend going on a weekday not a weekend.

Malibu: If you have a car, take a drive to Malibu, it was so beautiful, we ate at this little cafe called Kristy's, the pancakes there were to die for.

Overall, I would book this hotel again, I loved it!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Check in was quick!! Great location to everything. Our fridge in room wasn't working reported it and nothing ever happened of it. Would stay here again for the location. When we had our transfer booked to Disneyland we asked if we were in the right area for our pickup they said yes and we were waiting in the wrong area in the end after we double checked we were waiting in correct area. Too many entrances to hotel.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Sure its in a great location, and the rooms are nice apart from the small bathrooms. Service is poor at best and not very helpful, and the whole thing was overpriced. I personally won't be staying here again.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Brief one night stay, very nice room. The decor is so soothing and the bed very comfortable.
The helpful staff reminded us that we might hear some noise as it was Saturday night in Hollywood but to let them know right away if we heard any persistent noise and they'd take care of it.

We didn't and I slept great.

Would go back for a longer stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel - A Thompson Hotel? Share your experiences!