This was my first trip to LA, I have been to San Diego, San Fran, and Napa. I booked the Hollywood Roosevelt because I have heard about it on TV often and on Orbitz the room rates were very inexpensive, starting at 180 per night. I stayed here this past September 2012. I booked the Cabana Garden View suite. I wanted to be on the first level close to the pool since I was staying there alone. I am 25, from WI, my friends all live in LA but I wanted that LA experience so I booked a hotel room. I would most definitely go to the Hollywood Roosevelt again.
Room: The room was small but cozy, there was a large king bed, a sofa, tile bathroom, and a sitting area outside with a bed (the bed was a little dirty, I never used it though). There was very dim lighting in the room, which was inconvenient for when I did my hair and makeup. The beds were comfortable, but the ac would not get any warmer than 62 degrees, so either I was hot (bc I had to turn it off) or freezing, I asked for more blankets. My room, inconveniently was located right across from the pool bar, and that does not close until midnight, the first night I was the I went to bed early after a very long day of traveling, and could not sleep because they were cleaning the bar until about 2 am, throwing bottles, etc.
Pool: The pool was amazing, the lounge chairs were comfortable, however, everyone does look like a super model, I thought it was fun, but it could be uncomfortable for some people. The serves was great, they had free water too at the bar (self serve). They had food at the pool you can order to your chair. I met some great people there. They also let just people from outside the hotel come sit at the pool , so you will meet a lot of locals. I also saw Audriana Patridge doing a photo shoot while I was there. They have pool floats, and on Sat they had a bud light pool party which was cool, they gave free green towels and had green pool floats. The weather was perfect, high 80’s no humidity, I also got a very good tan.
Food: I went to 25 Degrees, worst burger I have ever had, I am from WI so I know good meat, I literally had to send my food back and get a grilled cheese. My friends were local, and they said it tasted fine to them but they understood the difference because they are from WI also.
Location: Awesome location for tourists, right across from the Grauman's Chinese Theater/ Walk of Fame/ many restaurants. However, this strip is literally a block long, if you go too far either way it is dangerous, so be careful. There is a Bean and Tea Leaf across from the hotel, so I had coffee there every day which was nice. No places from breakfast nearby, I ended up going to this little café 2 days down the street from the hotel, but it was nothing special.
Nightlife: We had the best time drinking at the lobby bar, met a few celebrities, and rock stars hanging out there. After, I met with soem friends who wanted to go to a club, but it was $600 for us to get in because they required bottle service, probably because we were with guys, or else they would have let us in for free. We skipped it, that seemed pretty ridiculous. Wish we would have just stayed at the lobby bar!
Disney: My friend works for Disney so we had free tickets, it is about a 2 hr drive in traffic there, so leave time to get there. Def worth going to, we went to both parks, lines are very long, I recommend going on a weekday not a weekend.
Malibu: If you have a car, take a drive to Malibu, it was so beautiful, we ate at this little cafe called Kristy's, the pancakes there were to die for.
Overall, I would book this hotel again, I loved it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bringing glamour back to the Boulevard, Thompson’s Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel reincarnation resonates with the opulence of its fabled past. Located in the heart of Hollywood on the Walk of Fame across from the Grauman’s Chinese Theater, The Roosevelt houses some of the hottest drinking and eating venues on the west coast. These include the famous poolside Tropicana Bar, celebrity haunt Teddy’s nightclub, The Library bar which is acclaimed for its hand crafted cocktails, The Spare Room, a speakeasy gaming lounge featuring vintage bowling lanes and classic cocktails, and vaudeville inspired theater Beacher’s Madhouse. Public Kitchen and Bar serves eclectic American fare in a social atmosphere and award winning 24 Hour burger joint 25 Degrees offers a variety of dining options. To top it off, the hotel’s heated outdoor swimming pool provides guests the only locale in the world where they can swim in a million dollar work of art painted by acclaimed artist David Hockney. The hotel is constantly buzzing with the entertainment industry’s glitterati. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, BookIt.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Otel so you can book your Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel - A Thompson Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hollywood Roosevelt Los Angeles
- Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel
- Roosevelt Hotel La
- Roosevelt Hotel Los Angeles
- Hotel Hollywood Roosevelt
- Roosevelt La
- Hotel Roosevelt Los Angeles
- Roosevelt Hotel California