“I Felt like a Celebrity at the Hollywood Roosevelt” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel - A Thompson Hotel

Save Saved
You added Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel - A Thompson Hotel to your Saves list
Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel - A Thompson Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7000 Hollywood Boulevard, Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA 90028 (Central L.A)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #95 of 323 hotels in Los Angeles
Wisconsin
“I Felt like a Celebrity at the Hollywood Roosevelt”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

This was my first trip to LA, I have been to San Diego, San Fran, and Napa. I booked the Hollywood Roosevelt because I have heard about it on TV often and on Orbitz the room rates were very inexpensive, starting at 180 per night. I stayed here this past September 2012. I booked the Cabana Garden View suite. I wanted to be on the first level close to the pool since I was staying there alone. I am 25, from WI, my friends all live in LA but I wanted that LA experience so I booked a hotel room. I would most definitely go to the Hollywood Roosevelt again.

Room: The room was small but cozy, there was a large king bed, a sofa, tile bathroom, and a sitting area outside with a bed (the bed was a little dirty, I never used it though). There was very dim lighting in the room, which was inconvenient for when I did my hair and makeup. The beds were comfortable, but the ac would not get any warmer than 62 degrees, so either I was hot (bc I had to turn it off) or freezing, I asked for more blankets. My room, inconveniently was located right across from the pool bar, and that does not close until midnight, the first night I was the I went to bed early after a very long day of traveling, and could not sleep because they were cleaning the bar until about 2 am, throwing bottles, etc.

Pool: The pool was amazing, the lounge chairs were comfortable, however, everyone does look like a super model, I thought it was fun, but it could be uncomfortable for some people. The serves was great, they had free water too at the bar (self serve). They had food at the pool you can order to your chair. I met some great people there. They also let just people from outside the hotel come sit at the pool , so you will meet a lot of locals. I also saw Audriana Patridge doing a photo shoot while I was there. They have pool floats, and on Sat they had a bud light pool party which was cool, they gave free green towels and had green pool floats. The weather was perfect, high 80’s no humidity, I also got a very good tan.

Food: I went to 25 Degrees, worst burger I have ever had, I am from WI so I know good meat, I literally had to send my food back and get a grilled cheese. My friends were local, and they said it tasted fine to them but they understood the difference because they are from WI also.

Location: Awesome location for tourists, right across from the Grauman's Chinese Theater/ Walk of Fame/ many restaurants. However, this strip is literally a block long, if you go too far either way it is dangerous, so be careful. There is a Bean and Tea Leaf across from the hotel, so I had coffee there every day which was nice. No places from breakfast nearby, I ended up going to this little café 2 days down the street from the hotel, but it was nothing special.

Nightlife: We had the best time drinking at the lobby bar, met a few celebrities, and rock stars hanging out there. After, I met with soem friends who wanted to go to a club, but it was $600 for us to get in because they required bottle service, probably because we were with guys, or else they would have let us in for free. We skipped it, that seemed pretty ridiculous. Wish we would have just stayed at the lobby bar!

Disney: My friend works for Disney so we had free tickets, it is about a 2 hr drive in traffic there, so leave time to get there. Def worth going to, we went to both parks, lines are very long, I recommend going on a weekday not a weekend.

Malibu: If you have a car, take a drive to Malibu, it was so beautiful, we ate at this little cafe called Kristy's, the pancakes there were to die for.

Overall, I would book this hotel again, I loved it!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

1,634 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Check in was quick!! Great location to everything. Our fridge in room wasn't working reported it and nothing ever happened of it. Would stay here again for the location. When we had our transfer booked to Disneyland we asked if we were in the right area for our pickup they said yes and we were waiting in the wrong area in the end after we double checked we were waiting in correct area. Too many entrances to hotel.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Sure its in a great location, and the rooms are nice apart from the small bathrooms. Service is poor at best and not very helpful, and the whole thing was overpriced. I personally won't be staying here again.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Brief one night stay, very nice room. The decor is so soothing and the bed very comfortable.
The helpful staff reminded us that we might hear some noise as it was Saturday night in Hollywood but to let them know right away if we heard any persistent noise and they'd take care of it.

We didn't and I slept great.

Would go back for a longer stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Cairns, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

Great Location. Inside was very Dark but the fuenitures & layout were very nice. Historical and a bit gothic. Slow elevator. Descent size room. Bed was very soft. Extremely loud air con. No complimentary tea or coffee in room. receptionist/ GSA was polite but not very friendly nor helpful, not very welcoming.

Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We booked this hotel after our friend recommended it. We were traveling with him and he even was able to secure us a room upgrade since he is a frequent guest. Upon check-in, we were brought to our "upgraded" room. The room was anything but an upgrade. It was 1/2 of an adjoined suite. The hallway and bedroom were frigid and when I had maintenance come up to look at the thermostat, they informed us that the hallway thermostat was controlled by the adjoining room and we couldn't access the thermostat. We immediately decided to switch rooms. When we entered our second room, it smelled strongly of marijuana. We complained to the front desk and they told us that the cleaning staff would take a look. We left for the evening and when we returned, before we even entered the room, we could smell what I can only describe as cheap car freshener filling the main hallway. When we opened the door to our room, this new odor was unbearable. The cleaning staff had only tried to mask the smell of marijuana by dousing our room with an even cheaper scent. We let the front desk know and asked if we could be upgraded to a nicer room to compensate for our terrible experience. We were eventually moved to a room in the same line of the building as the adjoined suite, and at this point, were too exhausted by the experience to complain again.

In addition to this specific experience, the amenities are terrible, the rooms (all three that we saw) were very worn and cheaply furnished. The staff was not accommodating and rude. Having traveled all over the world and stayed in both high and low hotels, I was truly unimpressed with this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I had read some reviews on this hotel before booking & was a little concerned, however loved the central location as our trip was short and we needed to be near everything, shopping, tourist attractions, bus stops, restaurants, bars etc. the rate was a special deal and too good to resist. driving from the airport to the hotel again I was a little worried, pulling into the drive at the rear of the property I still was a little nervous. However, from the moment we were greeted by doorman, hotel night reception and I believe the Duty Manager all fears were immediately alaid. And wow what a great entrance, the reception night manager/agent was so great in his welcome, accomodating, and informative and the Duty Manager also very nice and knew to expect us on our late arrival having rung ahead earlier in the day due to late flight our room was amazing, 2 huge beds, crisp fresh and very new looking bedding, massive room, beautiful bathroom, great shower and all spotlessly clean. The hotel is very boutique in style and warm and welcoming, large public areas, lots to see, the pool area was also lovely a little oasis. We had a drink outside by the pool in the evening next to the pit fires and comfy sofa. Drinks were not cheap but usual hotel prices. We didn't eat in the hotel as the menu was a little rich for our tastes but looked lovely and staff were lovely. We did not get breakfast here which we thought we should of but not sure of that is a booking.com mix up. There is also no hotel shuttle bus as booking.com states is available, we used a shuttle bus we failed to collect us for our return to the airport but the kind reception staff sourced another for us quickly, which was wonderful, there is Internet available at lobby and a printer for free, fab. Location middle of the Hollywood boulevard could not have been better. Must be the best hotel in area. Safe worked in room as did air con and everything else offered. Loved it, would return, rate was fab for this hotel having travelled to five different locations in the us on this trip this was by far the very best hotel, for staff, facilities, customer service, room, bedding, cleanliness and public areas. Thank you so much Roosevelt just keep doing what your doing, you have hospitality and customer satisfaction wrapped up with a bow on it! S to anyone reading this, do not hesitate to book this hotel I do not believe you will be disappointed, we will be back..

Room Tip: We had a 3rd floor room, overlooking a lower roof of the hotel and rear road, but the windows were l...