“Terrible room service” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel - A Thompson Hotel

Save Saved
You added Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel - A Thompson Hotel to your Saves list
Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel - A Thompson Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7000 Hollywood Boulevard, Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA 90028 (Central L.A)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #92 of 323 Hotels in Los Angeles
San Jose, California, United States
“Terrible room service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Roosevelt hotel was our best choice due to its famous reputation and it was close to the location we were performing at. We loved the hotel it's beautiful but terrible room service. Room attendants are terrible, rude, and have no manners. They are no good at giving directions/information. We got talked to with a horrible attitude by a couple of ladies. I personally saw so many horrible things while staying at this hotel. Never again am i staying here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Located across from the walkway of stars and graumans Chinese theater with plenty of people watching. Taxis ad hard to find. Fairly easy drive to Getty, Universal, NBC and Burbank airport. Rooms ar small as are bathrooms. The pool area great but lacks a hot tub. Concierge had good recs for dinner.

• Stayed November 2012
Fleetwood, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

This hotel is on Hollywood boulevard and right across from graumans theatre,and the Hollywood walk of fame ,hotel was top class and very comfortable ,even bumped into Louis Theroux ,great location universal studios not to far away ,went to Santa Monica for a day by bus about an hour or so ,this was a stop on the way Las Vegas which I will review next

Room Tip: All rooms great
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Hobart, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stayed at the Roosevelt from the 14-18th of November, and found the service to be great. The reception, concierge and bellboys were all extremely helpful, polite and accommodating. The room itself was great, a view down onto Hollywood Blvd, and in a central location. The bed was extremely comfy. The only complaint was that the air-conditioner was quite loud - although this didn't bother us, as we are used to noise.

We would recommend the Roosevelt Hotel, and definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

First off, I have to admit that I work in the Hotel industry too so I am fully aware that Tripadvisor is a site which is open to abuse, so I tend not to believe everything I read on here, but sadly in the case of the Roosevelt Hotel I wish I had taken more notice of the negative reviews on here...

I selected the Roosevelt Hotel as a part of my Husband's 30th Birthday present, we had been to LA previously and I thought that the central location would be perfect - which it is (that said you do really need to hire a car when visiting LA). And with the history of the place, it must be good - or so I had thought.

Our personal experience - it's really dark, really dingy and in need of a refurbishment. The Bedroom we stayed in was average but there is not a decent source of lighting or even electrical sockets close to a mirror to even considering doing your hair/make-up.The vast majority of the Staff are only interested in the potential famous people who may walk through the door - people like us who actually pay their wages? not at all interested. One particular incident springs to mind on the day before we checked out - we wanted to book a car to take us to LAX early next morning (may I mention at this point that we had done this previously and the Car Company is actually recommended by the Hotel) We stood and waited for the Conceirge but they were busy with some other Guests, totally understandable, so after about 20 minutes I approached the Receptionist and said we had dinner reservations and could she please call this Company (the concierge had given me their details previously) so we didn't have to wait? I was met with a blank look and told that, I quote, 'She doesn't usually do stuff like that' - what, use a telephone?? I think someone missed the Guest Relations part of their training...

There was also an AFI event occuring in the Lobby 1st - 5th November which meant that each night, the Bar and Hollywood Blvd entrances were closed off to residents - nobody actually ever told us about this, a common courtesy you would think, to a paying Guest (we arrived 30th Oct) - another absolutely fabulous way to make paying Guests feel as if the are totally insignificant.

The 24hr Burger Bar (25 degrees?) was very poor the one and only time we went in for Breakfast - we stood at the 'please wait here to be seated' sign for at least 10 minutes... there were roughly 12 customers (already eating) and 4 members of floor Staff. Not even a 'I'll be with you in a minute' instead they desperately avoided eye contact hoping, I'm guessing, that one of their colleagues would help us.

If the Roosevelt were a 3 Star Hotel, then I wouldn't have been so disappointed but our experience just wasn't worthy of a 4 Star rating,

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Waukesha, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

True this has an old Hollywood feel and has a gorgeous lobby but having come from the W in Westwood I much preferred the service at the W! I was traveling with a broken foot and the staff here ( even after I asked where the ice machine was) just proceeded to try and explain whe to find it ( most fine hotels I have been to the bell staff offers to fill the ice bucket ) and this was after I gave the bellman a $10 tip for bringing my 2 bags.... Also a huge history fan I was not allowed into the blossom room to take a quick picture ( the site of the very first Oscars). We ate in the oublic kitchen too and the hamburger bun was dry and fries cold ( didnt complain but also didnt eat it ) Overall I was disappointed and would recommend skipping this as a place to stay rather walk through the lobby instead just to take in the ambiance.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Reserved king room, arrived late and confirmed at desk for king, given key and room turns out to be 2 doubles. At 1130 pm not really great time to have to change rooms.

Given key for new room - directly next door to service elevator. No insulation - non stop racket. Asked to be moved when returned from my meeting - agreed to move me.

Came back to hotel and told they gave room away because I was not there at 6 pm. No concern for trouble or inconvenience and no real effort to fix. Bet they have never stepped foot in this room to know how loud it is. It should never be rented.

Told after two nights that were horrible I may be able to switch for final night. Room 1235 - beware.

Disappointing they don't seem to care. Cool hotel but no interest in giving great or even good experience.

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel - A Thompson Hotel? Share your experiences!