As part of a west coast trip, we were only staying in LA for a couple of days, and were therefore looking for a hotel with a central location. We booked the Hollywood Orchid on the basis of Tripadvisor recommendations, and were delighted with our choice. As others have said, the location is brilliant, literally only a step away from the Boulevard; nonetheless, felt very safe. Easy access to the subway and onward travel to other areas of the city. The building itself isn't attractive and looks like what it is; an older style apartment block. Don't let this put you off; the suites are spacious and well equipped and we made full use of the kitchen. My husband and I had the bedroom at the back(which was surprisingly quiet), whilst our teenagers had the front room next to the walkway. This leads me to the only negative: any noise from others walking past was very audible and some guests were not as considerate as we would have liked. This was a very minor issue and in no way affected our enjoyment of the stay. There is an underground car park (no longer free) but we had a high vehicle and were unable to gain access. This wasn't a problem as there is parking at the mall opposite. Finally, breakfast was ample and the kids enjoyed relaxing the pool at the end of a day's sightseeing. Fantastic value all round!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hollywood Orchid Suites owes its success to a superior location and a commitment to security, friendly service and value. We are next door to the Hollywood & Highland Center which includes TCL Chinese Theatre (formerly Grauman's Chinese Theatre), the Dolby Theatre(formerly known as Kodak Theatre) (home of the Academy Awards), the Loew's Hotel Hollywood, the METRO station, Madame Tussauds Wax Museum, Walk of Fame, movie theaters, restaurants, clubs, bowling lanes and shopping. We are within close walking distance to the Hollywood Bowl, the Roosevelt Hotel, The Magic Castle and Yamashiro. Universal Studios and Pantages Theatre at Hollywood & Vine is just one subway stop away. Most of our rooms have fully equipped kitchens and a dining area. We offer a complimentary, light continental breakfast, free WIFI and free local calls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hollywood Orchid Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hollywood Orchid Hotel Los Angeles
- Hollywood Orchid Los Angeles