Purpose of visit:
4 night stay in mid Feb 2013
King Suite room 210 or 211
Specific Comments about stay:
Very clean, staff helpful and cheery. Towles new, soft & fluffy - best I had while on this holiday. Room above us was very noisy - very loud footsteps 24hrs a day - perhaps a service rooms? Had to use ear plugs to
View from room of car park, did not use balcony. Bed and pillows comfy.
Amenities of the room:
Full kitchen (stove, fridge, table, sink etc etc), very large double closet with full length mirrors. Good sized shower and bathroom.Rooms very large in size.
Amenities of the hotel:
Pool (did not use) light breakfast (good). WIFI - drops out alot, cannot connect two of your devices - eg ipad and iphone belonging to the same person??
Maids & service very friendly. One or two concierge not so friendly. One very helpful & friendly.
Things I wish I'd known before visiting:
Stairs from entrance to lobby (no lift) and then to breakfast area and rooms.(lift available)
Set directly behind the Dolby theatre. Not noisy at all. Walk through to Highland shopping mall and Hollywood Blvd.
Good. Great place to stay, good pricing. Hollywood area is pretty rough and dirty. So next time will stay in Beverly Hills. But was good to experience. Lots of walks down Hollywood blvd - pharmacy & food shops close by.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hollywood Orchid Suites owes its success to a superior location and a commitment to security, friendly service and value. We are next door to the Hollywood & Highland Center which includes TCL Chinese Theatre (formerly Grauman's Chinese Theatre), the Dolby Theatre(formerly known as Kodak Theatre) (home of the Academy Awards), the Loew's Hotel Hollywood, the METRO station, Madame Tussauds Wax Museum, Walk of Fame, movie theaters, restaurants, clubs, bowling lanes and shopping. We are within close walking distance to the Hollywood Bowl, the Roosevelt Hotel, The Magic Castle and Yamashiro. Universal Studios and Pantages Theatre at Hollywood & Vine is just one subway stop away. Most of our rooms have fully equipped kitchens and a dining area. We offer a complimentary, light continental breakfast, free WIFI and free local calls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hollywood Orchid Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hollywood Orchid Hotel Los Angeles
- Hollywood Orchid Los Angeles