I chose this hotel after reading the reviews and I have to say, I was not disappointed. Booked a deluxe suite and almost got a sizeable apartment with a living room (consisting of a sofa bed), kitchen and a master bedroom with king size bed. The hotel is a bit dated and has a motel like feel with most rooms opening into a central balcony, overlooking a pool. But everything is neat and clean. The staff make you feel very welcome. They have a modest breakfast included in the price (cereals, croissants, muffins, bagels, fruit). The lady who attends on the patron during breakfast is very good and goes out of her way to make sure you have everything you need. Although the breakfast area is small and occupies the mezzanine over the reception, you can simply take the tray back to our room and have it there, which is also quite convenient. The best part of the hotel is the location. Located exactly behind Kodak Theatre and Chinese Theatre, it is in a quiet cul-de-sac. If you just walk through the Hollywood Highland Centre, you are in the centre of the hustle and bustle of Hollywood Boulevard but at the same time, away from the noise of the street when in your room. For the price, we got a great deal and so would recommend this hotel wholeheartedly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hollywood Orchid Suites owes its success to a superior location and a commitment to security, friendly service and value. We are next door to the Hollywood & Highland Center which includes TCL Chinese Theatre (formerly Grauman's Chinese Theatre), the Dolby Theatre(formerly known as Kodak Theatre) (home of the Academy Awards), the Loew's Hotel Hollywood, the METRO station, Madame Tussauds Wax Museum, Walk of Fame, movie theaters, restaurants, clubs, bowling lanes and shopping. We are within close walking distance to the Hollywood Bowl, the Roosevelt Hotel, The Magic Castle and Yamashiro. Universal Studios and Pantages Theatre at Hollywood & Vine is just one subway stop away. Most of our rooms have fully equipped kitchens and a dining area. We offer a complimentary, light continental breakfast, free WIFI and free local calls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Hollywood Orchid Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hollywood Orchid Hotel Los Angeles
- Hollywood Orchid Los Angeles