I will start with a positive. The location is fantastic! Right next to Hollywood Highland Shopping Centre (which was awesome!).
DO NOT stay in room 101. We stayed two nights and were kept awake all night by either loud people outside (granted, the hotel can't help loud people - but should maybe invest in double glazed windows for rooms on that side of the hotel) AND also there is a garage directly underneath where the door opens and closes basically every minute. Very loud and disturbing.
The bed was big, but very saggy.
The breakfast was OK. Only 3 or 4 tables though so you had to share a table with other guests at the hotel....
Probably wouldn't stay here again, it is fairly expensive for not much....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hollywood Orchid Suites owes its success to a superior location and a commitment to security, friendly service and value. We are next door to the Hollywood & Highland Center which includes TCL Chinese Theatre (formerly Grauman's Chinese Theatre), the Dolby Theatre(formerly known as Kodak Theatre) (home of the Academy Awards), the Loew's Hotel Hollywood, the METRO station, Madame Tussauds Wax Museum, Walk of Fame, movie theaters, restaurants, clubs, bowling lanes and shopping. We are within close walking distance to the Hollywood Bowl, the Roosevelt Hotel, The Magic Castle and Yamashiro. Universal Studios and Pantages Theatre at Hollywood & Vine is just one subway stop away. Most of our rooms have fully equipped kitchens and a dining area. We offer a complimentary, light continental breakfast, free WIFI and free local calls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hollywood Orchid Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hollywood Orchid Hotel Los Angeles
- Hollywood Orchid Los Angeles