“Great Location, Cute Rooms, Pleasant Stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #51 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
Loveland, Colorado
“Great Location, Cute Rooms, Pleasant Stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

If you're searching for a hotel with a little charm that's close to Hollywood and in safe location that won't break the bank, you've found it! This is an adorable little hotel that's a 15 minute walk to great bars, restaurants and more in Hollywood and a 30 minute walk to the center of Hollywood. We also drove up to Griffith Observatory (about 10 minutes away) in the evening, which was beautiful.

The bathroom is particularly nice with a large, tiled, double-head shower and a large mirror. The bed was comfy and we weren't disturbed by any neighbors, although the maids did wake us up around 7.30...the rolling carts are EXTREMELY loud on the tile floor outside the rooms and the maids themselves were also quite loud.

My only other negative feedback is that self-parking didn't seem to be an option. I'd like to go to my car when I want without having to wait around for the key, but it didn't make the stay any less than great. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Cambridge, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Upon out arrival this boutique hotel was surprisingly modern. The staff offered to assist with anything and everything! The location is great being only a couple of blocks to Hollywood Blvd.
The hotels coffee shop is visited by celebrities all the time. The price was great and the location even better.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for a week on business and would recommend it. Nice clean hotel with pleasant staff and large rooms with decent bathroom / tv. The attached diner is great too. Price was very reasonable.

Only low point was the valet parking. One ignorant attendant made many of our arrival and departures a chore which was a pity.

• Stayed November 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I like the look and feel of this place. Great location. Price is reasonable. I don't like the fact that they make you pay for parking and don't let you park it yourself, valet parking dude insist on parking my car, and if you see we're they parked it its supppperrr tiny! Idk but I take care of my stuff. Any how everything was good. No continental breakfast and the restaurant down stairs plays music till late so you will hear it all night :/

• Stayed April 2012
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I didn't have the heart to give this BW plus less than 4 stars. I know by doing that I rank it up there with some big contenders, but honestly, I knew it was a Best Western to begin with so one can't be too critical of them- right?

The location is spot on. I hate driving in LA unless I have a sure fire place I know I'm going to park, so if you don't mind walking a bit (hint ladies: bring comfy shoes) you can walk all the way down Hollywood Blvd and back no sweat.

I used to live in Hollywood, so the noise didn't bother me. I was actually surprised how quiet our room was for it being a stone's throw from the freeway.

I really have no complaints about this place except that they make their pet rate a little more visible on their website (I'm sure this is a strategy). I was at no time aware that they charged $75 for a small, well mannered pooch. I think I might have kept browsing if I would have known this, but, it's a toss up considering there's not a lot of decent hotels in LA that DO take pets and also that the 101 Coffee Shop is directly below them (bar-hoppers, are you paying attention?!?)

Room Tip: We asked for a high floor per reading other reviews. We were still facing the freeway, but didn'...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
lunenburg, massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Beds were comfy, service was great, clean and big room. The walk to Hollywood blvd was do-able but we decided to pay the extra $10 to drive and park so we weren't walking back with kids at night.

The attached cafe101 was disappointing after all the good reviews I read on here.

Room Tip: Only 1 room has view of Hollywood sign
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Hollywood Hills Hotel? Share your experiences!