“GREAT HOTEL WITH A GREAT STAFF!” 5 of 5 stars

Get up to 20% off
Ranked #53 of 328 Hotels in Los Angeles
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cambridge, Canada
“GREAT HOTEL WITH A GREAT STAFF!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Upon out arrival this boutique hotel was surprisingly modern. The staff offered to assist with anything and everything! The location is great being only a couple of blocks to Hollywood Blvd.
The hotels coffee shop is visited by celebrities all the time. The price was great and the location even better.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for a week on business and would recommend it. Nice clean hotel with pleasant staff and large rooms with decent bathroom / tv. The attached diner is great too. Price was very reasonable.

Only low point was the valet parking. One ignorant attendant made many of our arrival and departures a chore which was a pity.

• Stayed November 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

I like the look and feel of this place. Great location. Price is reasonable. I don't like the fact that they make you pay for parking and don't let you park it yourself, valet parking dude insist on parking my car, and if you see we're they parked it its supppperrr tiny! Idk but I take care of my stuff. Any how everything was good. No continental breakfast and the restaurant down stairs plays music till late so you will hear it all night :/

• Stayed April 2012
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I didn't have the heart to give this BW plus less than 4 stars. I know by doing that I rank it up there with some big contenders, but honestly, I knew it was a Best Western to begin with so one can't be too critical of them- right?

The location is spot on. I hate driving in LA unless I have a sure fire place I know I'm going to park, so if you don't mind walking a bit (hint ladies: bring comfy shoes) you can walk all the way down Hollywood Blvd and back no sweat.

I used to live in Hollywood, so the noise didn't bother me. I was actually surprised how quiet our room was for it being a stone's throw from the freeway.

I really have no complaints about this place except that they make their pet rate a little more visible on their website (I'm sure this is a strategy). I was at no time aware that they charged $75 for a small, well mannered pooch. I think I might have kept browsing if I would have known this, but, it's a toss up considering there's not a lot of decent hotels in LA that DO take pets and also that the 101 Coffee Shop is directly below them (bar-hoppers, are you paying attention?!?)

Room Tip: We asked for a high floor per reading other reviews. We were still facing the freeway, but didn'...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
lunenburg, massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Beds were comfy, service was great, clean and big room. The walk to Hollywood blvd was do-able but we decided to pay the extra $10 to drive and park so we weren't walking back with kids at night.

The attached cafe101 was disappointing after all the good reviews I read on here.

Room Tip: Only 1 room has view of Hollywood sign
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I've never stayed here, but tried it for 3 nights on a recent trip to LA. I was pleasantly surprised. From my understanding the entire hotel has been completely renovated - and it seemed like it. Brand new. It's safe, in a great location (Franklin Village restaurants and shops are a short 4 block walk). The 101 Diner has inexpensive and good food, although somewhat mediocre service. The room was what you'd expect from any Best Western anyplace. Nice beds, pillows, roomy bathroom. Strong AC unit, and a room that immediately opens outside into the pool atrium. One gripe: the parking situation. It is incredibly easy to just drive into the lot and park yourself. There's no reason to have a valet that charges $10 a night for parking. I'd appreciate having the option of parking my own car and not paying $10 a night for the space since I'm already paying for a room. But if you intend on parking your car at the hotel, you must use valet and pay the fee, regardless.

Room Tip: I'm not sure if there are rooms in the building above the 101 Coffee shop, but I'd pick one...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Hollywood Hills Hotel? Share your experiences!