“Great little place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn & Suites Pacific Coast Highway

Save Saved
You added Rodeway Inn & Suites Pacific Coast Highway to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn & Suites Pacific Coast Highway
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1665 West Pacific Coast Highway, Los Angeles, CA 90710 (Harbor)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #26 of 323 hotels in Los Angeles
San Francisco, California
“Great little place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

On a recent trip to Los Angeles, I was looking for a place that was reasonably convenient to the airport and with easy access to where I would be exploring and this seemed to fit the bill just fine. All the positive reviews I had read about hotel also helped cement my decision.

When I arrived at the hotel, the facilities were not quite what the reviews had made it out to be. You could tell the faculties and equipment were a bit, eh, weathered over the years of use. For instance, there were little buckets set out to catch the condensation from the AC units for each of the rooms. Inside my room there was paint chipping off the walls. One of the chairs was in need of repair as it was very rickety and felt like it could just fall apart at any moment.

That being said, it does seem like the managers of this Rodeway inn are making every effort to try and spruce things up as best they can, as the bathroom looked like it was brand new.

Overall my stay was very good. The hotel was quiet, and overall very clean. It's also conveniently located close to a lot of shops and restaurants as well as being close to the 110.

I can't really comment on the price as I used my Choice rewards points, but if it helps at all, the number of points needed to get a free stay was much lower than other Choice hotels in the reigon(8000, something to keep in mind though, I booked a couple weeks ahead of time)

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

545 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

my 3 children and I stayed at the Rodeway Inn on 8/19/14 to 8/21/14. We had the best service ever. they made sure my children and I were very comfortable and the front desk was very welcoming and very much aware of our needs. the rooms were very well kept, very clean and very nice. I recommend this hotel to anyone whos traveling or just a couple of nights to et away from home. we also had friendly neighbors. we loved our stay at the rodeway and we look forward to staying there again.... Nichole Wilson...

Room Tip: I had a room with a queen bed and a roll away bed. I suggest any room would be ideal.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Really great value with welcoming staff and comfortable rooms. The rooms are much nicer than similar we stayed in for the price. Ours had a sofa and coffee table too. Even though you're on the highway, the rooms are incredibly quiet.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My boyfriend and I found this hotel on Trip Advisor and our stay was every bit as good as the reviews detailed. The staff was so accommodating, the room was very clean, and the location was great. It simply was a good, basic place to stay and it definitely met all our needs.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Patzcuaro, Michoacan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The rooms were a nice size and kept very clean. I did not notice any smells that others have reported. My computer showed excellent signal strength for the WiFi, but it took forever to download many sites. Lots of dining options very close to hotel. About 20 minutes to airport in non-rush-hour traffic. It's really hard to say anything bad about the hotel, except the toilet seat was uncomfortable. Management seemed very anxious to please L.A. has gotten very expensive and this hotel was comparatively inexpensive with very acceptable accomodations

Room Tip: I had a second floor room, and it was okay. I would think that one of the rooms in the off walkway...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Every room of this hotel is large and clean,the bed is comfortable ,a big refrigerator and a microwave oven is necessary in every room, so it's very convienient and i'am very satisfied with that. I stayed for two months in June and July 2014, I had a very good price.That's a very good memory.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

After reading Trip Advisor reviews, I decided to book this motel for 6 days when visiting L.A.

Location and price is what makes this motel worth it. Granted, the rooms are a little outdated and my initial room had an unpleasant smell (I changed room after 2 days), but if you are in the area to visit, I think this motel is a good choice. It's not like you're gonna stay in your room all day (which could be depressing if you get a room on the first floor, with a concrete wall as a view).

Patel, the owner, will do his best to accommodate you. There's no breakfast except for coffee, but there's a lot of cheap options in the area if you need. I read reviews saying the neighborhood was sketchy, but I honestly didn't feel unsafe at the motel.

I was literally just a half hour drive away from everywhere I wanted to go while vising L.A, and hotels and motels near Los Angeles are definitely not on the cheap side so really, this motel is a very good option.

Room Tip: Ask for a parking view room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites Pacific Coast Highway? Share your experiences!