“clean room with a budget” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn & Suites Pacific Coast Highway

Save Saved
You added Rodeway Inn & Suites Pacific Coast Highway to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn & Suites Pacific Coast Highway
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1665 West Pacific Coast Highway, Los Angeles, CA 90710 (Harbor)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #20 of 322 hotels in Los Angeles
Houston, Texas
“clean room with a budget”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This place is not Shangri La but is clean within a budget.
For those who just need a good rest and move on without paying for the perks like swimming pool and gym that you never use.
friendly front desk personnel and do all he can to make your stay better.
I have never seen a Rodeway inn close to this.
YS

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

535 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Polish first
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Let me start off by saying my rating does not mean the hotel is perfect. I just don't think I can give any lower score when the price of a two night weekend stay in June for a room with a Jacuzzi tub comes out to $250 with tax.

We stayed weekend of June 21st, Friday and Saturday night. Brought a bottle of wine, but forgot our corkscrew. NP, front desk had one. As mentioned stayed in the Jacuzzi room first floor corner. I was expecting the tub might be in the bathroom, and not very big since I couldn't find pictures of it anywhere. When we opened the door and the tub was in the main room, and definitely more than big enough for two, I was ecstatic. I had checked prices at many places between San Diego and LA, and NO ONE at a halfway decent hotel has this price, not even close. Ohh, and parking is free.

The area around the hotel is nice, we walked down to a mexican seafood taco shop less than a block away, and later in the weekend went to the AMC at a large shopping centre just a few miles down PCH. Also, across the street is the neighbourhood which eventually becomes Palos Verdes, very nice area for taking a stroll.

Now onto some small negatives. The hair dryer didn't work, the phone wasn't working, and a lot of water leaks out of the shower when you bathe. Also, the bed is worn, in the frame. Like the springs where permanently uneven. The last was probably the biggest for us. We slept well, and fairly comfortably, but we have a really nice mattress at home, so we have a high standard of comfort.
We did not bring any of this up to management, so it's entirely possible they could have fixed one, or all of these issues during our stay had we been inclined to ask. None of the items warranted taking time away from our trip though, so they went unreported.

We called in the morning for extra towels both days, service was very prompt. We used the tub both days, and was nice to see it cleaned so well after maids came through. You notice anything not cleaned in a jacuzzi right away, tub was very sanitary.

If you're looking to spend some time in LA and want a little romance or relaxation without blowing your bankroll on accommodations, there is no place else to stay. Our stay was of the romantic nature, but we were thinking of coming back and taking our girls, as I'm sure kids will enjoy the jacuzzi just as much. Hope to be coming back again soon!

Room Tip: JACUZZI, it's only $20 more than a regular room!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Very nice hotel. This hotel should not be judged from the outside because the inside is very nice. It's very nice and newly renovated. Although it's by a main Street it was very quiet. There is a mall nearby in Hawthorne called del amo and it's the biggest mall I've ever seen. The beach is less than 10 minutes away. Downtown LA wasn't that far neither. It was a great location for the hotel to get everywhere we needed to be. I will definitely come back. :)

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Kenosha, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was the final stop on our trip out west! We were actually going to stay elsewhere as there is no pool here, but wound up booking because we loved it so much 4 years ago! Arrived at 12:15 and were able to check in promptly. Our room was ready and just to the left of the office. We did request a non smoking room, but got a smoking room which at times the air did stink of musty stale air (and sometimes urine YUCK!) but we weren't I the room more than just to sleep. We noticed the bathroom did face the parking lot....not a good thing for 2 women! When the lights were on, you could see the shadows and at night, the lights not only illuminate you, the parking lot lights illuminate whoever is outside your window!!! At night, we kept an extra pillow in the window so we couldn't see out and others couldn't see in (the frosting on the window is very light!) the bathroom door did stay closed at night as the parking lot lights were very bright! Our upstairs neighbor for the first 3 nights (we stayed 4 total) was VERY noisy! Fell out of bed (we assume) knocked chairs over and the cherry on top.....had sex at 5:30 in the morning! If you are a noisy person, do your neighbors a favor, request a first floor room! Needless to say, we had a lot of early morning starts! The tourist attractions (Venice Beach, Santa Monica Pier, Hollywood walk of fame) are 45 mins to an hour drive away if you take back streets (which aren't bad) and 30 to 45 mins if you take the Freeway, keep in mind, it's LA, when is the traffic ever really light? Redondo Beach is close, but not as interesting as Venice or Santa Monica! Hopefully they get curtains on the bathroom windows for the rooms that face the parking lot and maybe a full length mirror.....our room did not have one and it was difficult to see how outfits looked for the day (it's LA, need to be presentable lol). He has very good coffee in the morning! And for breakfast, I suggest the little donut shop down the street! We will return, hopefully sooner than 4 years! Almost forgot, Patel wasn't around to check us out (I'm assuming) his wife is the one who answered the doorbell ("What you need?") took our key but didn't give us a receipt. Hopefully I can get a copy from the Choice Hotels website because I needed one for my records.

Room Tip: If your noisy, ask for first floor. If you are able to climb flights of stairs and are a quiet neigh...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Bethesda MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stopped at this motel after leaving northern California on our way to Crater Lake. Interesting carports outside each room. The rooms were quite comfortable. Slept well in the bed. Bathroom and shower were very nice. Breakfast was simple but satisfactory.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

You never know what quality of hotel you are in for when it's a reasonably priced priced room. I made this reservation over the phone because they said they'd provide a crib (pack n play) for our baby when all the other hotels I had called didn't have one. And I warned my husband that even though online reviews were good, I shouldn't be blamed if it wasn't a great place to stay. But it was awesome! The manager was very kind, provided a pack n play for our use (which was already set up in the room when we got there). The room had a fridge and microwave, newly updated bathroom, nice decor, and was clean. A very nice end to a long day at the beach. We definitely would have stayed longer if we didn't have a flight out the next morning.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My friend Smith and I stayed here for 2 nights. Room was very clean and being even though we were near PCH , it was very quiet. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Near San Pedro, and Harbor area to finish my business needs.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites Pacific Coast Highway? Share your experiences!