“Perfect for Our Needs” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn & Suites Pacific Coast Highway

You added Rodeway Inn & Suites Pacific Coast Highway to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn & Suites Pacific Coast Highway
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1665 West Pacific Coast Highway, Los Angeles, CA 90710 (Harbor)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #29 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
Marthasville, Missouri
“Perfect for Our Needs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Being unfamiliar with the Los Angeles area, we were unsure where to stay as a base for our explorations. We stumbled upon this hotel, and it turned out to be perfect for our needs. It is 5 miles from the Redondo Beach area and approximately a 30 minute drive from the Hollywood tourist area (Grauman's Chinese Theater, Hollywood Bowl, etc.). The drive wasn't a problem at all. The hotel was clean, comfortable, and very reasonably priced compared to the much more expensive hotels located nearer to the touristy areas. The gentleman at the desk was so very helpful and efficient. We truly enjoyed our stay.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I must admit, I did not have very high expectations because it was so cheap but after reading so many satisfied reviews, I went for it. I'm glad I did. The staff was great. Very kind & very helpful. room was clean & fully functional. Only down side was that my window faced the back of a building, but I preferred that much more than facing the walkway. Bed was really comfortable. I wasn't in the room much, just to sleep but I felt very comfortable and safe. LOVED that it had a nice size fridge and microwave too. Overall my stay was great and I would without a doubt recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Checked in Friday, May 23rd, for 2 nights. Glad I booked ahead of time being it was Memorial Day Weekend. The motel had the no vacancy sign displayed both nights. Patel checked me in and already had my room key ready for me. When I got to the room, I couldn't believe how remarkably CLEAN the room was. Looked like brand new tiles on the bathroom floor, in the shower, and the sink looked brand new. I'm told it's been this way for years from another guest from Nevada who had been there several times. Walls were painted nicely, air conditioner worked well for the little time I needed it during the day. When the digital cable box went out Saturday morning, Patel was at my room in a flash, and he knew what was wrong, and reset it. Later that evening, when I used the table lamp the first time, it was missing the knob on the switch and Patel raced to my room again to put in a new one; it worked fine after that. I have to say Patel was the friendliest, most courteous, and professional motel attendant I've EVER met. I told him how appreciative I was of him. He was very humble, and told me he does this because we are HIS guests, and he's here for US; he had no problem stating the we are the reason he has a successful business, and he wants to make sure we have the best stay possible. He truly cares about his guests, as he showed me. The price is perfect for this place for anybody who stays here, and I recommend ANYBODY who reads this to think about staying here. I got an excellent rate for military, and he took the time at check in to shake my hand and tell me thanks for my service. He said he's very supportive of the military, and he gives military the bast rate possible as his way of saying thanks to us. I will not share the rate, as it's privileged information to us only. Can't say enough good things about how Patel and his whole family go the extra mile, and they'll do the same for you. Everyone staying in the LA, Long Beach area, please look this place up if you want a truly great room at an amazing price. It is without a doubt, a Diamond in the Rough. You can find it on the Choice Hotels website as well.

Room Tip: Did not rate pool or fitness center, as there are neither at this one. I stayed on the 2nd floor, an...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

We stayed in this hotel as a base for our trip around Los Angeles, Disneyland and Universal Studios. The hotel is a fair drive away from all these places but it was good value for money.
We originally booked a Queen room but luckily got an upgrade on arrival to a Suite. The room is clean and comfortable.
We're happy to have stayed there and would recommend it.
On another note, breakfast is not offered in the hotel. I think another reviewer mentioned breakfast being included. This is not the case. There is fresh coffee in the lobby in the morning for guests.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

This is mainly about the honesty and helpfulness of the staff. I stayed here and left my work laptop behind in my room at 8am of the morning of checkout. I realized that evening at 7pm while standing in the security line at departures in LAX.

Called the hotel, and they confirmed they had my laptop safe and sound. SO RELIEVED. They had also tried to contact me a number of times to let me know. Rushed out, got my laptop back and still made my flight.

Saved my bacon, big time!

The rooms themselves were perfectly adequate and clean for the inexpensive price (in comparison to other LA motels/hotels).

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Sao Paulo, SP
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

The Motel is well located, close to markets, has parking which is very important in Los Angeles ( and you'll need a car over there). We were very well attended. The room is a bit small but clean and the beds are good. Free and good wifi .The breakfast included is black coffee only .Good value for money.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Pinconning, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

I decided to stay here after reading the reviews, and was surprised when it wasn't as great as I expected. It wasn't bad, either, it just had a very odd feel and setup, and it was not in a convenient area. The room was off in a cove of sorts, and was clean and comfortable. It did seem a little bit older, though. The front desk staff was extremely friendly!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites Pacific Coast Highway? Share your experiences!