“Unparalleled Customer Service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn & Suites Pacific Coast Highway

Save Saved
You added Rodeway Inn & Suites Pacific Coast Highway to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn & Suites Pacific Coast Highway
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1665 West Pacific Coast Highway, Los Angeles, CA 90710 (Harbor)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #27 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Unparalleled Customer Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Stayed for 1 night during Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach. Thoroughly read all the reviews and chose the property based on proximity to Long Beach and the stellar reviews. Property did not disappoint. Even though this was a budget accommodations it was well maintained and clean. The property is within walking distance to fast food restaurants and a gas station in the event you have some immediate needs for snacks, water, etc. I accidentally left my iPad in the room at checkout. Not only did Mr. Patel immediately left me a message on my mobile. When I finally realized that I've left my iPad prior to retrieving the voicemail, I immediately called the property and Mr. Patel assured me that he is safekeeping it for me and I can retrieve it whenever is convenient. I went the following afternoon and Mr. Patel recognized me straight away and could not be more kind. I was beyond delightfully surprised of the extraordinary step Mr. Patel and his staff took to make sure my lost item was recovered and safe kept, especially something as an iPad. Aside from the extraordinary service the room was clean and comfortable although we had a back room with a window opening up to small walkway/wall it really didn't matter for one night - may be an issue if you're staying multiple nights. Parking spaces are a bit tight but nothing to be concerned about. I can see why it may be an issue if the property was fully committed. Overall a wonderful space and thank you again Mr. Patel and staff. We will be back for next year's Long Beach Grand Prix!

Room Tip: Interior rooms could be an issue as the window opens to a "wall."
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Polish first
Dublin, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a night before a flight from LAX. Mr. Patel is very hospitable and upgraded us to a Jacuzzi suite. The room was clean and comfortable and quite a good size. Patel even recommended we sign up for the rewards program and did the enrollment himself. I would highly recommend this place, it's good value for money and a clean and safe place which is of utmost importance.

• Stayed April 2013
Sao Jose Dos Campos, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We booked this hotel over the Internet based on location and price to spend our first night after arriving to the States. We would then change if we felt the need. Well, we didn't. The rooms and baths were clean and well furnished and kept despite not very spacious. Not only Mr. Patel, the manager, but also his family, were very corteous and even ready to get a bit out of their way to assist us in our stay.

Room Tip: If you like natural light, avoid the rooms in the back side of the lobby´s wing. A large warehouse...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Valley Center, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

The reason I picked this hotel over others I was shopping for around the same price were the good reviews it had online. I was not disappointed!! Got there early to drop off luggage, not a problem! Let me drop my luggage before my room was ready (cleaned) and even upgraded me to a better room then what I booked!! The manager was very nice and very accommodating. The location was just a short 8 easy mile commute to the port of Long Beach where I was attending the Formula Drift event April 12 & 13, 2013, so if you're looking for a good deal for the Grand Prix? I would suggest this place. It was very clean and room seemed to be renovated recently, nice fixtures. The only thing I could suggest that could improve would possibly be the mattress on the bed.

Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Motels are strung along this urban, undistinguished stretch of the Pacific Coast Highway. Most seem sparsely inhabited, at least judging from the vacancy signs and half-filled parking lots. Then there is the Rodeway Inn, full and turning away travelers. At first glance, this seems a bit of a mystery: it's not a new structure, nor has it anything to set it apart from all the others *except for superb management*.
I was offered a room with a king-sized bed for the price of the room with queen-sized bed I'd paid for. I was there for a conference and left the room a chaos of disorder. By the time I'd returned, books were stacked on the desk, scattered clothes gathered, the bed made. The manager also dealt with a parking lot issue with grace and efficiency. The in-room refrigerator worked well, even when crammed full of deli.
Bloom where you're planted, or so they say. For this middle-of-the-road property, the human factor made all the difference.

Room Tip: The ground level is fully accessible, the handicap parking well marked (and gently enforced). The se...
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Stay in this Hotel when you are so tire to drive more in the road, is clean very affordable, the breakfast is not to good, have every you need for spend a nice night.

If you goes to Magic Mountan this Hotel is just at 15min far of the park, is very near and easy to find cross the street you can find many restaurants to eat a fast food, also a bar and a Gas station, and you can continue your trip on the next day.

Room Tip: Made your book online is cheaper.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I spent a week there and was very happy with the cleanliness of the room, friendliness of the staff and value for money. You can see that
the manager is interested in helping his customers and in keeping his property well maintained. I returned this year because I had the same positive experience in 2012. Easy access to any part of LA.

Room Tip: Front rooms looking out on the lot are excellent
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites Pacific Coast Highway? Share your experiences!