“Good hotel for the money. Great staff.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn & Suites Pacific Coast Highway

Save Saved
You added Rodeway Inn & Suites Pacific Coast Highway to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn & Suites Pacific Coast Highway
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1665 West Pacific Coast Highway, Los Angeles, CA 90710 (Harbor)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #26 of 323 hotels in Los Angeles
Belo Horizonte, MG
“Good hotel for the money. Great staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

Clean, quiet, confortable, very good price. Staff is very, very gentle and efficient.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

545 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

I've got to say, sometimes I think I live on a different planet. I found this place very pleasant. I had none of the unpleasant experiences a few other reviewers did. Or maybe it's improved a lot since then.
I needed to be in Long Beach @ 2PM for my check-in to my overnight yacht stay. I have a terrible time getting out of my house. so stayng someplace nearby LB with an 11AM check out time is the best way for me. I used my Choice Hotels website and located this little hideout which is actually in Harbor City, Just south of Torrance. The in-room (meaning in the living area) jacuzzi was the selling point. I have had other Choice hotels with this option and it is a little bit of heaven. I got off the 710 Freeway @ PCH thinking I would check out the dining/shopping options along the way. This is an area around the Port of LA so it is somewhat industrial/small town along the way. The Inn itself is in a nice enough area (actually quieter than I thought it would be) well kept and well lit. When I walked into the room, I was taken aback a little by the sparseness. There are no bedside lamps. The trick is, all the lighting is in the ceiling. Bedside switches turn on nice overhead lighting. The electronic key card goes into a reader in the wall & accesses all lighting, you control the off/on for each light. This is great for me, because I consistently lay the key down and can never remember where I left it last. When you leave you pull the card out and a timer shuts all the lights off. When you return the key goes back into the reader and immediately you have light. Slick. The room itself was spacious enough (obviously uncluttered) and clean. After soaking myself till I was a noodle, I slipped in between the nicest, softest, crisply pressed sheets ever & crashed out.
I thought I would drive into Redondo for some food & to buy a bottle of wine. Not 5-10 minutes north there is a gigantic shopping area which turned out to be Torrance. It was perfect-Trader Joe's, CVS, etc. Stopped by Macaroni Grill for some take out. Found a lively Happy Hour and ended up staying for Honor Bar Chianti & ended up eating there. Met some wonderful people and had an enjoyable visit. One of the long-time bar tenders was having a Birthday so the bar was filled with regulars & well wishers. Couldn't complain about a thing. Inn, food, shopping. Goes to show you never know what you will find when your not looking.

Room Tip: Mine was an end room, so not a lot of foot traffic. I take it back, there was one little thing, I w...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

Room was small but nice & clean. Great shower, nice marble bathroom. Walls were thin...traffic outside was loud and sound of shower running in other rooms kinda shook our walls....but we still managed to sleep like rocks for two nights which was what we needed. Internet connection was rocking too, which is also a necessity for us (we travel for a living). Nice folks.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Auckland, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

We booked the motel as it has a lot of good reviews on tripadvisor, however we were a bit disappointed during our stay.

First of all, the room had a distinctive urine smell that we couldn't get rid of. And the double beds were more like king singles - prior to Rodeway we had also stayed at different low budget motels/hotels in the US but the beds were all bigger. The breakfast wasn't that great, we got a danish and the coffee was.. errr.. not like coffee - but I suppose we can't really complain as the breakfast was complimentary.

The worst part of our stay is that I woke up with lots of bites on my limbs on the last day. The motel manager seemed to think that it was some sort of allergy but if it was, the red dots would have covered my whole body (I only got them on fingers, arms and legs). I do have to make it clear that I don't know if this was Rodeway's fault, I mean the bugs might have been hiding in my luggage so they could be from the last hotel. The manager was concerned enough about my well-being, and advised me to get some medicine from a local pharmacy store.

Good things about Rodeway. Well, it is close to a petrol station and a few fast food restaurants. It is on a big road so not hard to find (having a GPS in LA is a must). Strong fast free wi-fi. The staff are definitely very friendly and helpful. For the price we pay, this wasn't a bad choice.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

All I wanted was a decent, reasonably priced hotel in the LA area for two nights just to sleep in the night. I decided to book this one after reading so many positive reviews on Trip advisor. In fact I was a bit surprised to see a Rodeway Inn to be ranked in the top 10 hotels in LA. I was very curious to see if it lived up to its high ranking.

After staying, I should say that it's a very well maintained motel even if it is not located in the best part of town. It's on a industrial section of a very busy highway with a rather seedy looking hotel to one side and a strip club across the road. We felt a bit apprehensive about safety initially but no had no problems whatsoever. Parking is a bit cramped especially if you have a bigger vehicle and arrive late in the night. The room was very comfortable and all appliances lwere new. The manager was very friendly and seemed very eager to keep his guests comfortable.

Breakfast is nothing to boast of - just juice/coffee and a few take away items that you would get at a gas station.

Overall, I would say it is a good choice for someone looking a place to sleep and proximity to highways. But all things considered, I don't think the hotel deserves such a high ranking.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
los angeles
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

Rooms are clean and manager is helpful but the place is old and seems to attract a certain type of clientele ( fighting in room, playing radio loud, loud talking ), I guess thin walls are just a fact of life in these types of cheaper motels. Motel is right off major street with lots of traffic so
that can wake you up early in the morning. My room was in back and faced a plumbing business that started making a racket at 5:30 am. My friends stayed in one of the front rooms so were bothered by traffic noise. If you`re a light sleeper, you should avoid this place.

Room Tip: Avoid back rooms facing business
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012 via mobile

I stayed for two nights in this motel and to tell you the truth it was perfect for my kind of trip. It was my first time in L.A. And all I wanted to do in the motel was sleep, and for that it was great. The beads were realy confortable, it had a dual air conditioner and heater, wich was realy noisy, but for what I was paying I expected to freeze to death, and there is a 32' flat screen TV on each room. The owner was very polite and helpfull.
If you are looking for luxury, this is not your hotel, but if you just need a good, clean place to sleep, for very little money, this motel is exactly what you are looking for.

• Stayed January 2012

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites Pacific Coast Highway? Share your experiences!