“Got the job done” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn & Suites Pacific Coast Highway

Save Saved
You added Rodeway Inn & Suites Pacific Coast Highway to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn & Suites Pacific Coast Highway
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1665 West Pacific Coast Highway, Los Angeles, CA 90710 (Harbor)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #26 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
Nashville, Tennessee
“Got the job done”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

Room was small but nice & clean. Great shower, nice marble bathroom. Walls were thin...traffic outside was loud and sound of shower running in other rooms kinda shook our walls....but we still managed to sleep like rocks for two nights which was what we needed. Internet connection was rocking too, which is also a necessity for us (we travel for a living). Nice folks.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Polish first
Auckland, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

We booked the motel as it has a lot of good reviews on tripadvisor, however we were a bit disappointed during our stay.

First of all, the room had a distinctive urine smell that we couldn't get rid of. And the double beds were more like king singles - prior to Rodeway we had also stayed at different low budget motels/hotels in the US but the beds were all bigger. The breakfast wasn't that great, we got a danish and the coffee was.. errr.. not like coffee - but I suppose we can't really complain as the breakfast was complimentary.

The worst part of our stay is that I woke up with lots of bites on my limbs on the last day. The motel manager seemed to think that it was some sort of allergy but if it was, the red dots would have covered my whole body (I only got them on fingers, arms and legs). I do have to make it clear that I don't know if this was Rodeway's fault, I mean the bugs might have been hiding in my luggage so they could be from the last hotel. The manager was concerned enough about my well-being, and advised me to get some medicine from a local pharmacy store.

Good things about Rodeway. Well, it is close to a petrol station and a few fast food restaurants. It is on a big road so not hard to find (having a GPS in LA is a must). Strong fast free wi-fi. The staff are definitely very friendly and helpful. For the price we pay, this wasn't a bad choice.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

All I wanted was a decent, reasonably priced hotel in the LA area for two nights just to sleep in the night. I decided to book this one after reading so many positive reviews on Trip advisor. In fact I was a bit surprised to see a Rodeway Inn to be ranked in the top 10 hotels in LA. I was very curious to see if it lived up to its high ranking.

After staying, I should say that it's a very well maintained motel even if it is not located in the best part of town. It's on a industrial section of a very busy highway with a rather seedy looking hotel to one side and a strip club across the road. We felt a bit apprehensive about safety initially but no had no problems whatsoever. Parking is a bit cramped especially if you have a bigger vehicle and arrive late in the night. The room was very comfortable and all appliances lwere new. The manager was very friendly and seemed very eager to keep his guests comfortable.

Breakfast is nothing to boast of - just juice/coffee and a few take away items that you would get at a gas station.

Overall, I would say it is a good choice for someone looking a place to sleep and proximity to highways. But all things considered, I don't think the hotel deserves such a high ranking.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
los angeles
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

Rooms are clean and manager is helpful but the place is old and seems to attract a certain type of clientele ( fighting in room, playing radio loud, loud talking ), I guess thin walls are just a fact of life in these types of cheaper motels. Motel is right off major street with lots of traffic so
that can wake you up early in the morning. My room was in back and faced a plumbing business that started making a racket at 5:30 am. My friends stayed in one of the front rooms so were bothered by traffic noise. If you`re a light sleeper, you should avoid this place.

Room Tip: Avoid back rooms facing business
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012 via mobile

I stayed for two nights in this motel and to tell you the truth it was perfect for my kind of trip. It was my first time in L.A. And all I wanted to do in the motel was sleep, and for that it was great. The beads were realy confortable, it had a dual air conditioner and heater, wich was realy noisy, but for what I was paying I expected to freeze to death, and there is a 32' flat screen TV on each room. The owner was very polite and helpfull.
If you are looking for luxury, this is not your hotel, but if you just need a good, clean place to sleep, for very little money, this motel is exactly what you are looking for.

• Stayed January 2012
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

I would give it an excellent if it was not for the encounter I had with the owner. I traveled to L.A. alone for my 40th. I stayed two nights in the room I reserved. My second night, extremely late, I was awaken out of my sleep with a knock on the door and it was a man (maybe owner) telling me I couldn't have extra people in my room. I opened the door to find him at my door and a women standing at the end of the corridor, I guess she was there for back up. Not to mention, you could clearly see that I was in PJs, with a scarf on my head, and pillow imprints on my face. He said “You said it was just you.” I reiterated that it was just me. He actually told me I was lying. There was a group of loud people that came to the complex and when he asked what room they were going to they told him my room number. I told him that I was the only one in my room and that I didn’t know what the heck he was talking about. This went on for about 5 minutes and then he gave up. Upon further inspection, it was a room two doors down. He apologized greatly in the morning when I came to check out. He offered me orange juice, which I am allergic to. The living quarters were excellent for my budget. The hotel was nice and clean. I slept comfortably outside of that very night.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Santiago, Chile
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

Everything is clean, they have a flat tv with many channels, microwave and freezer.
They also have in the room a small dinner table and a desk.
The bed was confortable and big.
The air conditioner working really good.

I recomend this hotel!!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites Pacific Coast Highway? Share your experiences!