“Decent suites, twilight zone experience” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Staybridge Suites Chatsworth

You added Staybridge Suites Chatsworth to your Saves list
Staybridge Suites Chatsworth
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   21902 Lassen Street, Los Angeles, CA 91311 (North San Fernando Valley)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #82 of 339 Hotels in Los Angeles
Los Angeles
“Decent suites, twilight zone experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2009

A month long stay reduced to two days and the worst experience I've ever had in business travel for the past twenty years. The terms were never honored, I was bullied to leave and threatened when I complained. Very bizarre staff, definitely not for children. Owned by the Intercontinental group which oddly won a customer service award last year. I'd never stay there again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Stevens Point
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

I have just read some of the reviews on here and am totally upset by some of them that sad this place is filthy and bad service. This hotel is EXCELLENT and very clean. I am a disabled traveler who is in a wheelchair and when my room was booked by a production company,I was not booked into a wheelchair accessible room (not the hotels fault) Upon checking in and going to my room, I noticed it was not an accessible room and called the front desk. They were actually sold out of accessible rooms but the manager called me right back and said one of the rooms occupant was advised of my problem and was wlling to change rooms with me. The room was VERY clean, the service was EXTRODINARY.. The "sundown service" on Tues, Wed, and Thursday nights were good. The food was avg but filling. The buffet breakfast every morning was wonderful. Take my word for it. It is an EXCELLENT property, clean (as of matter of fact, the carpets were steam cleaned while I was there, as were the drapes,and furniture) I highly recommend this pproperty.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

I traveled with my 93 year old grandmother, my handicapped dad, my mom and my 8 year old son to visit The Getty Center and The Villa.
Finding somewhere to stay was a chore due to the vast difference in ages and needs. With some trepidation concerning travel time between destinations, I chose the Staybridge Suites more because of the conversation I had with the desk clerk, Patricia than anything else. She was so sweet and helpful and put up with my multiple phone calls and answered any question that I came up. She even made sure that we had a 2 bedroom queen suite on the ground floor so that we didn't have to worry about navigating any uneven surfaces or stairs.
After I made the reservations I started to worry if I had done the right thing renting a room so far away from The Villa, it turns out that I did exactly the right thing. Chatsworth was about 30 minutes or less from The Getty Center. There are tons of great places to eat on Ventura Blvd and on North Topanga Canyon Drive as well as two of the best malls on the way to the Staybridge Suites that The Valley has to offer. In the morning we drove straight out Topanga Canyon and including a short wait for road work we were in Santa Monica in a little over 30 minutes.
The suite had two bathrooms, full kitchen, large bedrooms, with a common living room. there were three large desks in the suites and each room had its own T.V. with honest to God T.V. stations, not some hotel station that asks you buy cable. Nice, clean, thick towels, nice bedding all the goods.
The price of the room also included a full breakfast and a sundown beer and wine bar where a light meal was served. We sat around the pool while my son swam and enjoyed the evening with other hotel guests. There was actually a masseuse giving FREE massages to the guests! What? It's true. The staff was so nice and friendly that even the guests were calm and happy. Not one rude word. Not one raised voice. Imagine that. Seems like a long time since I've been anywhere without someone asserting themselves. Sigh.
Yep, I will stay here again and never, ever, ever stay in Beverly Hill or Santa Monica again. This place is too well situated and the neighborhoods are quiet and clean.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Mansfield, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2009

FIrst off, I had to change my non-refundable, no change reservation due to a change in my work schedule. The manager sean, went out of his way to assist me and I was able to change my dates to another week.

This is an extended stay location and to try to compare it with HOtels is not a fair comparison.

My suite was clean and quiet. I was on the fround floor and never heard anyone above me or to either side. Previous posts mentioned noise from trains but I never heard a train. Previous posts mentioned that this was an iffy part of town but it was a very good location. I felt very safe here.

Staff members that I came in contact with were always pleasant and willing to assist. I did not take advantage of the breakfast buffet but it looked good. THey do have a simple dinner 3 nights a week.

Adequate business center with two computers and a printer/copier.

IF I am ever in this area again, I will be staying here.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2009

I stayed at the Staybridge after booking a room through Priceline at $50 per night. Room was very clean and quite spacious. Nice brunch included in price. Friendly staff persons who actually called me at my room to ask me how everything was so far. Free high-speed internet. My only complaint is that you can hear everything from your adjoining neighbor's walls. My neighbor had his t.v. on all night long. I called the front desk and they sent security to his room quickly. Sure enough, I could clearly hear security knock on his door and hear him say, "hello, hello?" He did turn down the t.v. for awhile but in about an hr., turned it back up. In all fairness to Staybridge, I am a light sleeper and they did try to get him to quiet down. I can't imagine what the noise would have been like if this person had decided to have a party at his room! If they added insulation to the walls, this would be the perfect place to stay! Bring your white noise machine, if you're a light sleeper.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
lawyergirl07
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2009

I booked my room on Priceline and scored at $50.00 a night! Woo Hoo...more drinkin money for the Cowboy Palace (an awesome Honky Tonk bar a few blocks away).

I arrived at the hotel lobby around 6pm and was greeted by the Hotel Desk Supervisor and another friendly young lady. Check-in was a breeze. Quick. Easy. Painless. The Superviser advised me that there would be a $50 hold on my credit card for incidentals. Pretty standard. I informed her that I may be extending my stay one more night. I was very clear in asking if another $50 charge would be applied to my card for the second day. She CLEARLY stated that the orginal charge would be held over for the next day if I informed the front desk before 11am. I explained to her that with the amount that I travel, I already have about $550 in holds from hotels waiting to be cleared and I needed to avoid any more. She laughed and assured me that I would be charged only that once.

Well, I opted to extend my stay another night and called up the front desk. The call was answered by a very rude guy. I told him I had extended my stay. He told me that I needed to bring my ID and credit card to the front desk. Uhhhh...ok...why? Apparently, because it was a different transaction on Priceline he needed to charge the card again. I was upset and told him that I didnt appreciate the different stories. He got sharp with me and said "Thats just the way it is." I was clearly pissed off and may or may not have said something really mean back (tee hee). THEN, to make matters worse, they outsource the housekeeping to an outside company, so I wasnt even able to get housekeeping to come and give me new towels or to empty the trash.

Will I stay here again, yes, more than likely. The hotel rooms are like little apartments and its really close to my Family's house. All I can hope is the little grouchy dude at the front desk gets run off or something.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2009

i was a little apprehensive coming to this hotel based on some of the reviews I read. boy was I surprised! this hotel is fantastic. The staff were all very friendly and accomedating. The room was VERY clean and much bigger than I was expecting. I booked my room through Priceline for a great price...$60! I was thrilled with my stay here and would book here again.

Stayed February 2009

Been to Staybridge Suites Chatsworth? Share your experiences!