“Recent stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Staybridge Suites Chatsworth

You added Staybridge Suites Chatsworth to your Saves list
Staybridge Suites Chatsworth
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   21902 Lassen Street, Los Angeles, CA 91311 (North San Fernando Valley)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #86 of 340 Hotels in Los Angeles
Essex, England
“Recent stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We have just had two wonderful nights at the Staybridge suites. The staff are polite and very helpful. The rooms are excellent, like home from home. The breakfast was very good with plenty of choice. The amenities are excellent including free use of the washing machines and tumble dryers. We would return tomorrow, will definitely recommend to all our friends. Thanks to all the staff that made our stay so good.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 1731, and my brother and his wife stayed in 1713, both very nice rooms.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
reno, nv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I just wanted to leave a review for this hotel. before I begin. let me say that I am on the road a lot, and stay in hotels a lot. I had purchased this hotel on Priceline.com which I do a lot. Once I got the hotel in the bid, I went and took a look at the reviews. I saw a lot of negative feedback which made me think the place was not up to par, and was a little concerned. But after we stayed there, we saw something totally different than the bad reviews.

We got to the hotel, and immediately the man that checked us in informed us that they just remodeled, and everything was pretty much new. The man could not have gone out of his way any more than to make us feel welcomed. About an hour after we got to our room, we got a call from him making sure everything was OK. The room was awesome.. everything new... the breakfast was wonderful!

I do not leave reviews very much, but I thought it was best to leave a review from someone other than someone looking to just say something bad about a hotel.

I would highly recommend this hotel!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed at the Staybridge Suites in Chatsworth CA for almost a full week in November 2012 and I was so impressed that I am making a point to right a review which I've never done before. The property is like a home away from home and my suite looked like an upscale condo inside. I could not believe how nice,NEW, and comfortable everything was. The bed and other furniture was super comfortable and I slept like a baby every night. I also enjoyed having a hot waffle and delicious coffee every morning from the complimentary breakfast buffet and also enjoyed the complimentary dinner and wine from Tuesday thru Thursday nights. I also loved having complimentary washer and dryers as well as a mini convenience store where I could purchase anything I required from toiletries to snacks for my stay. The staff was also very, very, nice and extremely accomodating and if I was able to stay here longer I would. I also loved that it was a smoke free property, due to the fact that I am allergic to cigarette smoke, this was a HUGE plus!!! I am extremely grateful to everyone at Staybridge suites for being such a phenomenal staff and giving me an amazing experience. I will always look for a Staybridge Suites whenever I travel from now on and will continue to tell everyone how much I enjoyed my stay. Thanks Staybridge!!!

Room Tip: I had a suite on the top floor and it had 3 sets of windows, a vaulted ceiling, and lots and lots of...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

Manager a a-hole, rude, disrespectful, and a lier. Go in room when you arnt there amd go tnrough your stuff and lie about it. Dirty rooms. Maids clean half fast. My dogs got fleas from tjere. Never stay there again, travleloge is cleaner and nicer. Gross do not recommend...... Way over priced even with discount

• Stayed August 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Chatsworth, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear alevenson81,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns regarding your stay with us. I am deeply sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations and regret you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. Rest assured, your feedback will be used to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer to our guests.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

The hotel staff are all very nice, helpful and pleasant.

But the hotel is undergoing complete renovation, with constant noise of large trucks and forklifts loading and unloading large pieces of rubble, as well as furniture, carpet rolls, and other equipment, which end up strewn all over the parking lot. Other constant noise comes from sledgehammers and electric saws, and there is a lot of hammering and drilling. The trucks and equipment constantly block the parking lot, so getting your car in or out of the lot is often difficult. The construction workers try to accommodate the guests, but why should guests even have to deal with this major level of noise and inconvenience?

We didn't know about the major level of noise or construction when we booked on the Staybridge website, and the noise and inconvenience increased significantly on our final day.

That Holiday Inn is charging full or only slightly discounted rates during this construction is unbelievable (an AAA rate for a week night is $147.99!!). The hotel staff do the best they can for their guests under these circumstances, so I don't blame them, but I do blame their corporation. I asked for a discount for the last day due to the fact that all the water in the hotel was turned off from 10am-1pm with only 2 hours' notice (!!). I got a slight discount, but not enough to make me want to stay at another Holiday Inn property in the future.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Chatsworth, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear GJI-London,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Staybridge Suites Chatsworth. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Karen Gray
Case Manager
IHGCare
Livingston, Montana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We have moved out of California and were visiting our families as well as business. I can honestly say that this might have been a nice hotel in it's early days. The staff is both professional and courteous. It's not their fault that things are run down. That being said... We didn't enjoy our stay there. We stay June 23 through July 1, 2012. We walked in our Room to find there was still dried spaghetti sauce on the floor near the fridge that hadn't been cleaned up, roaches in the cabinet where the plates were. The front desk girl had them come fumigate the room (now I'm afraid to open my suite case as I might have bugs in them). I walked barefoot and found that the carpets were filthy once I stepped in the shower to bathe. I was grossed out by this and walked with shoes on the remaining of the time we were there. The trash was finally picked up on my request 6 days after we had been there and fresh towels. We were in the main building but in one of the outside units... Right under the laundry room where we kept hearing the maids slam the door whilst doing laundry late at night. They did try to move us but at that point we were unpacked and the hubby didn't want to move. On to parking...because we were not in by 7 there were no parking spaces left for us. We had to park on the street three blocks away several times. It was quite infuriating to see the construction vehicles taking up three parking spaces as we had to park so far away each night. Traveling for business is bad enough but when you don't have a space for me when I get back from a business dinner... Shame on you. When I brought it up I was told that it was only a perk and basically I had to park on the street? I did notice some others on the premises park in the check in spots over night and asked if we could. I was told I'd be towed and definitely not to. I should have just done it since others did without thinking about it. Oh and the construction early morning even on the weekend was lovely. I was so frustrated that I don't think I'll ever stay at your place again or anyone you're affiliated with. Breakfast was okay when it wasn't filled with people waiting for food once it ran out. The coffee being stocked day and night was also a nice perk. Pay a few dollars more and have peace of mind once you get home and a PARKING spot waiting for you ( guaranteed).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Poway, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Normally we are only two adult travelers, but took a trip with a niece and nephew to Los Angeles. We located this hotel and were very happy with the overall experience. We only stayed one night, so can't speak to how it would be over several days, but we encountered Jennifer, a great front desk person.

The room was large enough to put one child on the sofa sleeper and the girl in her own room. She was so excited. The property is about to undergo renovations, which do need some updating. Our suite was clean, the linens were nice and I love the fact the pillows were not flat and lumpy. Shower strength was strong, and (very important to me) the A/C worked perfectly.

Our breakfast was better than I expected and I would recommend this as a great alternative to sticking a bunch of family members in one small hotel room and making the best out of it. It's not a Ritz, that's true. The tv's were older, but there was a dvd player in the room and I loved having a fridge. Great value for the money. I would stay here again.

Only one complaint - the wifi was spotty at times, but that was probably because of our high room location.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Staybridge Suites Chatsworth? Share your experiences!