“Great Location! Great Views!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Century Plaza

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency Century Plaza to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Century Plaza
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2025 Ave of the Stars, Los Angeles, CA 90067 (Century City)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast for Two
Ranked #52 of 322 hotels in Los Angeles
Sacramento, California
“Great Location! Great Views!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

We started staying at this great hotel when our daughter was attending UCLA. We still come back now she has graduated! The location is excellent, and the staff are friendly and helpful. The outdoor area is inviting, and a great place to have a drink at the end of the day. It is unusual to have balconies in such a central location, but the balcony provided us the opportunity to watch the amazingly expensive cars pulling in and out of the building opposite!! It was remeniscent of a reality TV show! I would highly recommend this hotel if you are visitng this area of LA!

Room Tip: Rooms on a high floor give you a great view (yup that is pretty obvious I know!).
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

1,128 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

What a spectacular Hotel! Splendid
in beauty, perfectly situated and the rooms pure bliss! The food is absolutely outstanding and the staff are friendly and go out of their way to accommodate u!! Its a must if visiting LA! Close to shopping malls, a fantastic gym and spa! Everything at your finger tips! What more could you ask for??

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Astoria oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Excellent service, food. Afteroon while lying down I heard someone at the door. Actually opened the door and awakened me from a very deep sleep. I shot up and as the door opened i jumped into position screamed loud to emphasize my pouncing on and taking down my prey! I stopped in mid air as I realized that the dear little maid had come to turn down my bed. We were both white as ghosts, she ready to collapse me in deep embarrasment. The little sweet heart doubled up my
Mints! She had done mothing wrong and I send my sincere apologies!

• Stayed November 2013
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I was very pleased with my recent visit to the Hyatt Century Plaza. I was there for a convention with a friend so I had the opportunity to see all aspects of the hotel. We were greeted warmly upon arrival and our room was ready for us, very clean and comfortable. We had a lovely balcony that we really enjoyed each morning since there were cool breezes every day.

There is a lot of space taken up in the room by expensive mini-bar items but I just ignored that as I always do since it was vastly overpriced. There is a grocery store just around the corner and the Starbucks downstairs also has reasonably priced water and healthy snacks. The only thing missing in the room was a coffeemaker. I heard other conventioneers complaining about the lack of a coffee maker so I just went to the front desk and asked for one. Voila! In a short time we had a nice in-room coffee maker, some very good coffee packets and all the trimmings. I did have to ask that this be replenished each day since the maids do not normally do this as part of their duties but every time I asked my wish was fulfilled quickly.

Even though we were in a front room facing Century Plaza Blvd. and near the elevator noise was not a problem. The room doors are very heavy and block out noise very well, at least in my experience and the windows appeared to be double glazed as well. I travel with ear plugs just as a matter of course so as long as I can sleep with my ear plugs all is well.

I was very impressed with the hotel's banquet service. We had a large group of 500 people at our convention and the food service was very quick and there was even a pretty smooth delivery of my special gluten free meal. I had to ask a few times and explain but I got my food, which is very good for a group this size.

I also had a chance to use the hotel's lobby bar facilities which is quite comfortable and has great appetizers. One is a caprese salad on skewers that is just delicious with the addition of wonderful local olives. I also ate at the in hotel restaurant The Breeze and was very pleased with the food and the service. It's unusual to find a really good restaurant in a hotel so that was great.

Hotel employees seemed to be everywhere asking if they could help us and they actually knew the answers to my questions, including how to get to the mall right around the corner, A very pleasant visit and I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Hollywood area of Los Angeles.

Room Tip: I liked my room facing Century Blvd. Great view of the local goings-on and a great balcony for rela...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Myself and my best friend visited the Hyatt from Australia for our first time in Los Angeles, and what an amazing 7 days we had! The service from the staff is amazing, the bartenders down in the lobby are funny, good company and very professional at the same time! The pool was clean and the whole outdoor area was very inviting and comfortable.
As for the room, very nice and comfortable, house keeping came in everyday to keep it clean for us and were always very nice and polite to us when we came back to our room.
Only thing we can say negative about the place is that there is no free wifi, the cost to use the phone is way to expensive and the staff working in the Hurtz Car Rental part of the lobby are very rude. (But the bar tenders, door staff, check in staff and house keeping staff are incredible)

Anyway! thankyou so much for an amazing stay, we will be back simply for the service and quality .

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Stayed here for a conference and did not eat in any of the restaurants. Overall very nice hotel but it was very noisy, and not noise from other rooms but noise from outside (cars, motorcycles, etc). I suspect the windows were fine when the hotel was built 40 years ago but since then the neighborhood has grown and is now surrounded by the office high-rises and malls, all building that bounce around noise. Of course the traffic is also busier.

As a result all night long the first night I kept hearing all the traffic. I asked for a fan (for white noise) but the hotel had none available. I went to Target and bought my own.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Adevore, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Century Plaza, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you kindly for sharing your review of the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza hotel in Los Angeles. We value your feedback and have taken your suggestions of having a fan as an added amenity for guests to heart. We hope that you will visit us again soon.

Adrienne De Vore
Director of Public Relations
San Martino in Rio, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I've been there 2 times and I can't say anything bad... a bit expensive but you're in the middle of LA. Easy to access to Santa Monica and Beverly Hills within walking time. Nice gym in the premises (not free) and pool. I recall a day there was a protest in front of the hotel and a little noise for a couple of hours... the hotel offered a full bbq in the pool on the back for alll guests to apologize... all food and beverages free! Good job guys! Hyatt standard met.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Regency Century Plaza? Share your experiences!