My husband and I stayed recently for a 3 night weekend.
Room was great....spotless....nice balcony with view of city lights. Very comfortable bed....great linens...air worked great.
Fresh flowers at front desk to put in a vase and take to your room....very nice touch.
Bellman was wonderful.
The bad: (but not bad enough to really complain about....just being really honest here to help fellow travelers.)
Lady at check in was just "OK"...nothing really exceptional in her welcome or hospitality manners. Very businesslike...not too personal...and we were the only ones in line, so it wasn't busy at that moment. My husband told her he had called a few hours ago to request the coffee pot and to give us a certain room he had requested....he even had the name of the person he spoke to. Lady at front desk said it "wasn't in the computer" and not available. OK...Could you at least smile as you're telling us this? She said the coffee pot would be right up....again...it never came even after 3 requests.
Room: NO shower cap...small and minimal toiletries. NO coffee pot. Had to request it 3 times...but never came.
DON't even touch the inside of the refridgerator. Every time you touch something, the sensor on the item will indicate you have 'taken it' and used it....cha ching....cha ching.
DON'T try to put your leftovers or your own wine or liquor in the refridgerator....it will also charge you for something....cha ching....cha ching....just don't open it.
There is no door to the sink and dressing area from bedroom, but there is a door to the toilet.
The lobby atmosphere is beautiful....wine and drinks are higher and food is very expensive. The menu in the bar/lobby area is not worth it, so better go eat somewhere else. I had 2 small halves of a small tortilla for a cheese quesadilla....and it was $15.00. The female food server in the lobby bar was slow, non smiling and seemed detached.
The evening staff in the lobby/bar was very gracious.
There is a beautiful baby grand piano right in the bar....no one ever played it.
We had dinner outside on the patio of Breezes...which is the restaurant there...expensive, but absolutely amazing food...high quality...prepared to perfection....wonderful patio garden ambience with lights....very romantic and peaceful...service was impeccable.
Last...upon arrival....excellent 'welcoming'....but when we left upon check out, we waited over 30 minutes for our car from valet to arrive. Call to request your car first if you are expecting to have it ready soon.
And now for the bill.....when I received my ' hard copy' of my bill at hotel....it had an accurate accounting of the charges....(also...be prepared for the $36.00 valet fee daily which will be tacked on).
When I got home the next day, I checked my credit card and saw the charges for the hotel were approx. $300. more! I immediately called the hotel and spoke with someone about this. They told me it was their 'policy' to charge a $100. daily fee for incidentals. I told them I paid for every charge in full that I had made. This hotels policy is indeed to charge the $100. per day for incidentals, but they said this money is reimbursed and credited back to the credit card usually 5 or 6 business days after. I find this an interesting 'security measure'. No one told us this at the front desk upon check in. Which I find rather strange.
Overall.....this hotel is beautiful....great rooms...well maintained...fresh flowers...and all the service we had was great....expect the lunch time which I mentioned.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Century Plaza Hotel Los Angeles
- Hyatt Regency Century Plaza Hotel
- Hyatt Regency Los Angeles
- Hyatt Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Hyatt
- Hyatt Century Plaza
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surround yourself with contemporary glamour and style at Hyatt Regency Century Plaza. Perfectly situated on the fashionable Westside, adjacent to Beverly Hills, this elegant Los Angeles hotel offers easy access to all the sights of this vibrant city. Set on seven lush acres, with 726 spacious guestrooms, Equinox spa and fitness center, our Los Angeles luxury hotel is a urban retreat in the midst of the city. Discover why The Century Plaza hotel and has been the choice of dignitaries for 40+ years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Tingo, Amex, Otel, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hyatt Regency Century Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.