“Great hotel - you should stay here!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Century Plaza

You added Hyatt Regency Century Plaza to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Century Plaza
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2025 Ave of the Stars, Los Angeles, CA 90067 (Century City)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Park, Play & Stay
Ranked #55 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
Edmonton
“Great hotel - you should stay here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2008

You may wonder why you should stay in Century City. Firstly, it's a minute or two, literally, from Beverly Hills and it is convenient to Hollywood and Santa Monica. Secondly, it is a two minute walk (yes, I said walk, although you never walk when in LA) from a wonderful shopping mall. Finally, Century City provides you the luxury of Beverly Hills, the safety you need and proximity to major freeways.

The rooms are beautiful and spacious – huge closets, deluxe bathrooms, really comfortable beds, state of the art technology.
The staff jump to please you. Their answer is always "yes, immediately". The gym and outdoor pool are excellent.

I got this hotel on Priceline twice. I was thrilled to return to this magnificent place. You won’t be disappointed. Unless you want to pay $500 or more for a swanky Beverly Hills hotel, you should stay here.

• Liked — Location, comfort, elegance, spaciousness
  • Disliked — I couldn't move the fridge off the shelving unit.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Gothenburg, Sweden
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2008

First of all, unless you need to be in Century city, there is no reason to stay here. Far from everything, hardly any place of interest within walking distance.
Check in went well. When we got to the room, there was a coffee maker on the floor right outside the door. The rooms do not have coffee makers, but you can ask for one. This one was however used, and the staff had forgotten to take it. Well into the room I found that the beds were double, not queens, and that does make a dfference (of 6 inches, to be exact!) when travelling with a husband and two children. The minibar has sensors that charge for every movement of its contents, so you can not use it to keep milk or yogurt for the children, for instance.
Went down to the pool to find it in need of renovation (and cleaning!). The pool is not very large, considering the size of the hotel. There are some wading pools, but they were constantly used by ducks!! Good thing my children are past that age!
The food at the restaurant was good, but somewhat overpriced.
The coffee maker found outside the door when we arrived was still there 24 hours later! Called housekeeping and asked them to remove it, which took an extra couple of hours... Service was in general rather poor.

• 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2008

Arrived at LAX from Paris and needed a hotel for the night... fortunately my laptop had just enough power left in it to get me a room on Priceline at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza for half the rack rate. I was impressed with the hotel upon arrival-- cool 60s architecture and glamorous lobby. My room felt huge compared to the small European hotel rooms I'd been staying in previously. I had a high floor with a nice view of LA. Balcony is a bonus. The whole hotel has a very 60s Watergate feel to it, which is cool in my book. Bathroom is spacious and well-appointed. My only complaint arises out of my treatment in the morning, when I went out to buy some drugstore items and planned on returning to the room to conduct some business before checking out at 11. I had put my suitcase in the car, and when I returned to the room at 9 AM the maids were busy cleaning the room. I told them that I had not checked out yet, and they were quite uppity with me, acting as though I had no right to be there and that I was disrupting their cleaning routine. It seemed to me that they were overly aggressive with me, and at the least, should have respected my right to return when I re-entered. Next time I'll make sure to keep the Do Not Disturb sign on the door until the last moment.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2008

I stayed 6 nights at this hotel recently. It was one of the worst experiences I have had.

The hotel is, at best, a 4 star hotel, although its prices suggest otherwise. Check-in (at 11.30am) was very slow, with only 2 personnel despite a queue of 10 people. I was then given a very small room. When I called the front desk to ask why, I was put on hold for 25 minutes. I was then told that there were in fact much larger rooms available, and I was moved to one of these rooms. I was not however told that the larger rooms were very warm as the air-conditioning units were small and old (I was helpfully told this by the engineering personnel later). It took 3 complaints for engineering to finally come and let me know that they could not do anything. Having already settled in by then, and with numerous meetings to attend, I reluctantly opted to stay in the room.

Service throughout the hotel was uniformally slow, and it was clear that the hotel is under-staffed. At the outdoor areas of the lobby bar and the X-bar, it was not uncommon to wait 25 minutes before getting served; this is unacceptable by any standards. Breakfast was also mediocre and was certainly not commensurate with the prices charged.

The door personnel generally tended to ignore people waiting for taxis unless it was brought to their attention that taxis were required. Most suprisingly, considering that this hotel is predominantly a business hotel, the business centre (which was basically a small shop offering limited facilities rather than a proper business centre) was only open limited hours on weekdays, half a day on Saturday and closed on Sunday.

On the last day, I checked out at 12pm as required. Since my flight was only at midninght, I asked wheher it would be possible to have shower facilities provided before I left later in the evening (which is a common practice at good business hotels in various countries), but unsurprisingly I was told that they could not offer these facilities.

I think that the hotel is a rip-off, and is definitely inadequate for the needs of business travellers. I will never stay here again.

• 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New Haven, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2008

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza for a week this past February. The lobby and main areas are very clean and well kept. We initially had a room on a lower floor but requested, and were promptly moved, to an upper floor facing the pool. I would not recommend the "street" side, as this faces a somewhat noisy main road with a view of the office building across the street.

The room itself was a decent size and well maintained. The bath products were above average. The shower was fine, nothing special or bad. The staff at this hotel was very nice and helpful.

The pool and hot tub area was very nice, and there were always plenty of clean towels on hand. The reflecting pools were cool, especially if you are into tanning.

The location of this hotel is well situated for getting around L.A. You would definitely need a car, but I think this would be true for anywhere in this city. There is a decent shopping mall with a good grocery store on the lower level two blocks away. This is a good place to buy water and things that are priced much much higher at the hotel "convenience" store (which seemed to be closed fairly often anyhow).

All in all, a fine, but not extraordinary, place to stay.

• Liked — The location and having a mall within walking distance
  • Disliked — Nothing sticks out as being particularly bad
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
ORLAND PARK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2008

Stayed at the Hyatt Century Plaza on a weekend. We booked through Priceline and got a good rate. Hotel was really nice and clean and relatively close to local amenities. You are on the edge of Beverly Hills and not more than 20-30 minutes to most Hollywood/LA attractions. Don't know that I would pay the regular rate for this hotel which is about $300+ per night. We paid about 1/2 the regular rate on Priceline so it was worth it for that money.

The bed was comfortable with a balcony, flat panel TV and was well appointed with nice finishes in the bath. Beautiful lobby and from what I understand, celebs occasionally meet there for business.

Unfortunately, it was a little cool outside so we did not have occasion to utilize the pool or outdoor amenities. Valet parking is a little pricey at $30 per day but is convenient. They bring the car in and out and you just get out at the front.

We stayed there on a weeked. Century City is a little bit of a business district so on the weekends its kind of a ghost town. However, there is a large mall right next door for shopping, eating, etc, which is open on the weekends. When we left on Monday morning, there was quite a bit of activity as business resumed.

All in all, a good experience and for a discounted rate, I would stay again.

• Liked — Location - Upscale hotel in an upscale location
  • Disliked — Lack of indoor pool
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2008

We stayed there the weekend of March 21/22. They now have automated check-in at a kiosk, which I found quite impersonal and unwelcoming.

Our room was fine, yet they use paper cups in the baths and no other glasses are available in the room. On our second day, the maid threw away our papercups and did not replace them. Maybe she was mad because we had to call at 5pm since our room had not yet been cleaned.

The towels are not the kind you would expect with this level of a hotel. No thick, plush stuff here, just serviceable K-Mart towels.

We wanted to use the pool on Saturday, but all seats were filled. There was no shade anyway, so it wouldn't have mattered.

Saturday night we had to wait a good 20 minutes for the valet line as they seemed quite understaffed. Valet parking is now $31 a night and self-parking is so inconvenient as not to be a choice.

It's still a nice hotel, the rooms well-furnished except for the cups and towels. We did see a bill left by someone who had just checked out...they paid more than $25 a night than we did, so all is not bad!

Stayed March 2008

Been to Hyatt Regency Century Plaza? Share your experiences!