“my 10 day stay at this hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Century Plaza

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency Century Plaza to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Century Plaza
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2025 Ave of the Stars, Los Angeles, CA 90067 (Century City)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Park, Play & Stay
Ranked #58 of 323 hotels in Los Angeles
united kingdom
“my 10 day stay at this hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

i stayed at the hyatt regency plaza from 23rd oct to the 2nd november, what a fantastic hotel, very impressive lobby, lovely pool area, sat there every morning with my starbucks, very friendly staff, everyone says hello, lovely room with balcony overlooking the gardens at the back, room didnt have a coffee machine but requested one and it arrived within 5 minutes, had the valet parking, phoned from the room and by the time i got outside the car was there, great location, beverley hills withing walking distance, when i come back to los angeles i would stay here again, fabulous holiday

Room Tip: a room at the back of the hotel has great views of los angeles especially at night
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

1,144 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Maputo Mozambique
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

My husband and I returned to the Century Plaza Hotel for the first time in 43 years after staying there on our honeymoon. At that time this was the most exquisite hotel we could imagine. The hotel remains beautiful inside and out with an impressive lobby and pool area. The room was attractive on first appearance but we were very disappointed by a collection of "small" things that we would expect in a room and hotel at this price. We arrived with leftovers from dinner to find that the mini-fridge would charge us for anything we removed to make room for our leftovers. And, there was no in-room coffee maker. We called down and housekeeping did bring us both items. We used the paper cups that came with the coffee maker but housekeeping did not replace them the next day so we had to call for more paper cups. It was very annoying not to have these 2 things included in the room. We were further disappointed by the quality of the linens. The sheets were not large enough for the deep mattress and would not stay tucked in and they had pills found on cheap sheets. the towels were also of poor quality, thin and rough. I would not recommend staying here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Adevore, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Century Plaza, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to offer your review of the Century Plaza. We wish you a very happy anniversary and are thrilled you came back after all those years to experience our hotel again. We apologize that the room did not meet your standards. As you stated, refrigerators and coffee makers are available complimentary upon request. I have shared your comments about the linens and towels with the rooms management team for further review. We do hope that you give us consideration for your next anniversary vacation.

Mexico City, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on november 18th, the loby looks very nice but the rooms are very old, broken sheets and towels, also the linen was broken, the carpet had stains, it's a shame because the hotel is great located near beverly hills, century city, etc.
But there are a lot of options on the same price range that are much nicer and well located as well, personally i would not comeback until they renovate.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Adevore, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Century Plaza, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you kindly for offering your review of the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza hotel in Los Angeles. As you mentioned, the hotel is within close proximity to some of the best shopping and dining in Beverly Hills. As for our rooms, I have shared your feedback with our management team for further review. We strive to provide the best possible experience for all of our guests and hope to see you again soon.

Torrance, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

We were here for military function in December 2012. This is the second year in a row that we have been and have stayed over. The room was beautifully appointed with lovely bedding and a great view. The dinner was not what we were expecting but the dessert more than made up for it. Although the wait staff was very attentive I feel I can put my own bread on my plate and pour my own salad dressing.

The after party in the X lounge was very nice and the staff there are equally attentive.

As we were leaving we noticed we were in the middle of the film shoot for commercial we didn't stay to find out what it was all about but was pretty cool experience nonetheless.

• Stayed December 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Century Plaza hotel in Los Angeles. We loved having your group at our hotel and hope to see you back every year. What a class act! As for the filming, you might recognize the front of the hotel in a commercial that will appear during the biggest football game of the year. I'm sure you know what we are referring to! Hope to see you again soon.

Saint John, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

the hotel was nice, but I really hated not having a coffee maker in the room. I had to wake up, shower, and put on some clothes to get a coffee from star bucks, and god forbid I wanted more than one cup! That was annoying. The restaurant wasn't special and definitely not for what you pay. Oh, don't order a pizza with a soft drink, you're looking at $45! Maybe because it's LA, but I don't know.. it was a nice hotel, but had it's annoying stuff... They could've had me with a coffee maker.. maybe if they make it an option when making reservations, that would be cool.. Bathroom was nice, the shower head was coming off the wall a little, but no issues, nice hot water when needed, quiet and I was near the elevator, beds and pillows are typical, but quite acceptable. I had a two queen bed room. Location was very good, can't ask for more.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza during your most recent visit to Los Angeles. I too love my coffee in the morning. On your next visit, if you can't make it down to our Starbucks, we do offer a complimentary coffee maker brought to the room upon request. We welcome your return.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

My room was clean, more spacious than most at this price point, and had been relatively recently subject to a remodel. That said, the HVAC in the room was obviously old. Staff were nice and lunch in the Breeze restaurant was better than acceptable. The breakfast buffet starts first at 6:30 am, which is not very helpful for those taking an early flight from LAX. I would stay here again if business were to take me to this part of LA.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your visit to the Century Plaza hotel in Los Angeles. As you mentioned, all rooms are pretty spacious and offer some great amenities included a beautiful lanai with sweeping views of either the Pacific Ocean or the downtown skyline. Next time, try grabbing a quick bite at Starbucks as they open at 5 am. We welcome your return.

San Diego, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at Hyatt Regency Century Plaza My sister and I stayed there for only one night using my Gold Passport points. The stuff was very helpful. I got everything I asked for... The car service was great too. The room was beautiful, the room service was great but a little expensive, Loved having Starbucks Coffee in the Lobby I am very hard to impress but this time have no complaints.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Adevore, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Century Plaza, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience during your most recent visit to the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza hotel. We are thrilled you experienced our authentic hospitality firsthand and hope that you and your sister return soon.

Adrienne De Vore Director of Public Relations

Been to Hyatt Regency Century Plaza? Share your experiences!