“Very old rooms.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Century Plaza

You added Hyatt Regency Century Plaza to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Century Plaza
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2025 Ave of the Stars, Los Angeles, CA 90067 (Century City)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Park, Play & Stay
Ranked #50 of 339 Hotels in Los Angeles
Mexico City, Mexico
“Very old rooms.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on november 18th, the loby looks very nice but the rooms are very old, broken sheets and towels, also the linen was broken, the carpet had stains, it's a shame because the hotel is great located near beverly hills, century city, etc.
But there are a lot of options on the same price range that are much nicer and well located as well, personally i would not comeback until they renovate.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Adevore, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Century Plaza, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you kindly for offering your review of the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza hotel in Los Angeles. As you mentioned, the hotel is within close proximity to some of the best shopping and dining in Beverly Hills. As for our rooms, I have shared your feedback with our management team for further review. We strive to provide the best possible experience for all of our guests and hope to see you again soon.

Director of Public Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Torrance, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

We were here for military function in December 2012. This is the second year in a row that we have been and have stayed over. The room was beautifully appointed with lovely bedding and a great view. The dinner was not what we were expecting but the dessert more than made up for it. Although the wait staff was very attentive I feel I can put my own bread on my plate and pour my own salad dressing.

The after party in the X lounge was very nice and the staff there are equally attentive.

As we were leaving we noticed we were in the middle of the film shoot for commercial we didn't stay to find out what it was all about but was pretty cool experience nonetheless.

• Stayed December 2011
Adevore, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Century Plaza, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Century Plaza hotel in Los Angeles. We loved having your group at our hotel and hope to see you back every year. What a class act! As for the filming, you might recognize the front of the hotel in a commercial that will appear during the biggest football game of the year. I'm sure you know what we are referring to! Hope to see you again soon.

Saint John, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

the hotel was nice, but I really hated not having a coffee maker in the room. I had to wake up, shower, and put on some clothes to get a coffee from star bucks, and god forbid I wanted more than one cup! That was annoying. The restaurant wasn't special and definitely not for what you pay. Oh, don't order a pizza with a soft drink, you're looking at $45! Maybe because it's LA, but I don't know.. it was a nice hotel, but had it's annoying stuff... They could've had me with a coffee maker.. maybe if they make it an option when making reservations, that would be cool.. Bathroom was nice, the shower head was coming off the wall a little, but no issues, nice hot water when needed, quiet and I was near the elevator, beds and pillows are typical, but quite acceptable. I had a two queen bed room. Location was very good, can't ask for more.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza during your most recent visit to Los Angeles. I too love my coffee in the morning. On your next visit, if you can't make it down to our Starbucks, we do offer a complimentary coffee maker brought to the room upon request. We welcome your return.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

My room was clean, more spacious than most at this price point, and had been relatively recently subject to a remodel. That said, the HVAC in the room was obviously old. Staff were nice and lunch in the Breeze restaurant was better than acceptable. The breakfast buffet starts first at 6:30 am, which is not very helpful for those taking an early flight from LAX. I would stay here again if business were to take me to this part of LA.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your visit to the Century Plaza hotel in Los Angeles. As you mentioned, all rooms are pretty spacious and offer some great amenities included a beautiful lanai with sweeping views of either the Pacific Ocean or the downtown skyline. Next time, try grabbing a quick bite at Starbucks as they open at 5 am. We welcome your return.

San Diego, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at Hyatt Regency Century Plaza My sister and I stayed there for only one night using my Gold Passport points. The stuff was very helpful. I got everything I asked for... The car service was great too. The room was beautiful, the room service was great but a little expensive, Loved having Starbucks Coffee in the Lobby I am very hard to impress but this time have no complaints.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Adevore, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Century Plaza, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience during your most recent visit to the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza hotel. We are thrilled you experienced our authentic hospitality firsthand and hope that you and your sister return soon.

Adrienne De Vore Director of Public Relations
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

This hotel offers an upscale stay. I loved online check as this allowed us to access our room early and to spend only a moment or two at the front desk. We registered with a business plan so we received wifi without charge. We also received free breakfast, a daily bottle of water and one shirt pressed. This was all helpful. Be sure to ask at check in. Our room was very spacious and comfortable. The beds were true queen size. The balcony was the width of the room and looked out on to the pool area and the bathroom had a very large marble countertop. The hallways were quiet with more than ample lighting. The elevators were quick. We enjoyed our breakfast and found the concierge service to be quite helpful. Ths hotel is close to an open air mall that offers a great variety of shops and a very nice movie theater. Finally we found the door man to be terrific. He was quick to get us a cab and certain we were off to the proper destination. The lounge in the main lobby is quite comfortable for an evening cocktail. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Adevore, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Century Plaza, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
It sounds like your trip met all your expectations for a hotel getaway. We appreciate you sharing your experience on Trip Advisor for all to see the services and amenities that make the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza so enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I paid the $10 standby fee for a room upgrade and as a result got a high room with a balcony and fantastic views .I had only one issue with the hotel where you have to pay a daily fee for wi fi access-i travel with my ipad but also a tablet pc to access work e mails .The hotel initially wanted to charge me a daily fee per device (even though i wasn't using both at the same time ) but after negotiation it turned out my Hyatt membership meant that I wasn't charged in the end .
The Westfield Shopping Centre at the back of the hotel was very convenient with a number of good value (but not particularly high standard ) places to eat .We ate in Craft restaurant which is in the Plaza opposite the front of the hotel which was very good .Also very convenient having the Starbucks in the lobby .

Room Tip: Consider paying for the standby upgrade