“Elegant luxury” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Century Plaza

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency Century Plaza to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Century Plaza
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2025 Ave of the Stars, Los Angeles, CA 90067 (Century City)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast for Two
Ranked #53 of 322 hotels in Los Angeles
Torrance, California
“Elegant luxury”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

We were here for military function in December 2012. This is the second year in a row that we have been and have stayed over. The room was beautifully appointed with lovely bedding and a great view. The dinner was not what we were expecting but the dessert more than made up for it. Although the wait staff was very attentive I feel I can put my own bread on my plate and pour my own salad dressing.

The after party in the X lounge was very nice and the staff there are equally attentive.

As we were leaving we noticed we were in the middle of the film shoot for commercial we didn't stay to find out what it was all about but was pretty cool experience nonetheless.

• Stayed December 2011
Adevore, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Century Plaza, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Century Plaza hotel in Los Angeles. We loved having your group at our hotel and hope to see you back every year. What a class act! As for the filming, you might recognize the front of the hotel in a commercial that will appear during the biggest football game of the year. I'm sure you know what we are referring to! Hope to see you again soon.

1,117 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Saint John, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

the hotel was nice, but I really hated not having a coffee maker in the room. I had to wake up, shower, and put on some clothes to get a coffee from star bucks, and god forbid I wanted more than one cup! That was annoying. The restaurant wasn't special and definitely not for what you pay. Oh, don't order a pizza with a soft drink, you're looking at $45! Maybe because it's LA, but I don't know.. it was a nice hotel, but had it's annoying stuff... They could've had me with a coffee maker.. maybe if they make it an option when making reservations, that would be cool.. Bathroom was nice, the shower head was coming off the wall a little, but no issues, nice hot water when needed, quiet and I was near the elevator, beds and pillows are typical, but quite acceptable. I had a two queen bed room. Location was very good, can't ask for more.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza during your most recent visit to Los Angeles. I too love my coffee in the morning. On your next visit, if you can't make it down to our Starbucks, we do offer a complimentary coffee maker brought to the room upon request. We welcome your return.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

My room was clean, more spacious than most at this price point, and had been relatively recently subject to a remodel. That said, the HVAC in the room was obviously old. Staff were nice and lunch in the Breeze restaurant was better than acceptable. The breakfast buffet starts first at 6:30 am, which is not very helpful for those taking an early flight from LAX. I would stay here again if business were to take me to this part of LA.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your visit to the Century Plaza hotel in Los Angeles. As you mentioned, all rooms are pretty spacious and offer some great amenities included a beautiful lanai with sweeping views of either the Pacific Ocean or the downtown skyline. Next time, try grabbing a quick bite at Starbucks as they open at 5 am. We welcome your return.

San Diego, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at Hyatt Regency Century Plaza My sister and I stayed there for only one night using my Gold Passport points. The stuff was very helpful. I got everything I asked for... The car service was great too. The room was beautiful, the room service was great but a little expensive, Loved having Starbucks Coffee in the Lobby I am very hard to impress but this time have no complaints.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Adevore, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Century Plaza, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience during your most recent visit to the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza hotel. We are thrilled you experienced our authentic hospitality firsthand and hope that you and your sister return soon.

Adrienne De Vore Director of Public Relations
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

This hotel offers an upscale stay. I loved online check as this allowed us to access our room early and to spend only a moment or two at the front desk. We registered with a business plan so we received wifi without charge. We also received free breakfast, a daily bottle of water and one shirt pressed. This was all helpful. Be sure to ask at check in. Our room was very spacious and comfortable. The beds were true queen size. The balcony was the width of the room and looked out on to the pool area and the bathroom had a very large marble countertop. The hallways were quiet with more than ample lighting. The elevators were quick. We enjoyed our breakfast and found the concierge service to be quite helpful. Ths hotel is close to an open air mall that offers a great variety of shops and a very nice movie theater. Finally we found the door man to be terrific. He was quick to get us a cab and certain we were off to the proper destination. The lounge in the main lobby is quite comfortable for an evening cocktail. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Adevore, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Century Plaza, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
It sounds like your trip met all your expectations for a hotel getaway. We appreciate you sharing your experience on Trip Advisor for all to see the services and amenities that make the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza so enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I paid the $10 standby fee for a room upgrade and as a result got a high room with a balcony and fantastic views .I had only one issue with the hotel where you have to pay a daily fee for wi fi access-i travel with my ipad but also a tablet pc to access work e mails .The hotel initially wanted to charge me a daily fee per device (even though i wasn't using both at the same time ) but after negotiation it turned out my Hyatt membership meant that I wasn't charged in the end .
The Westfield Shopping Centre at the back of the hotel was very convenient with a number of good value (but not particularly high standard ) places to eat .We ate in Craft restaurant which is in the Plaza opposite the front of the hotel which was very good .Also very convenient having the Starbucks in the lobby .

Room Tip: Consider paying for the standby upgrade
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and provide feedback regarding your most recent visit to our Los Angeles hotel. We are pleased that you were able to work with our staff to meet your wi-fi needs. It sounds like you were able to navigate Century City and Beverly Hills and experience some of the great shopping and dining firsthand. We hope to see you again soon.

Bakersfield, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed here over 100 times last five years. Always been a good bang for the buck. The hotel is always a busy spot. This last stay will be my last EVER. Ordered room service and they forgot an item I asked for. They have done this in the past I've signed receipt with tip and they don't bring the forgot item. So I don't Jose the gentleman bring my food I would sign ticket when ALL my preserved item are here. He said I'm sorry but that wasn't my fault. I said I agree but it's not mine either so ill sign when you get back here. He argued and told me it policy you sign now. I told him no. He proceeded to argue until I told him get out of my room I'm calling management. At the time he went and got my item very fast. I called asked to speak to hotel manager. I was connected to Alisa I believe her name was she said she was front desk manager. I told her the story she said you don't need to speak to the hotel manager you need to speak to the room service manager. I said no I want the hotel manager. She said no he's not in you need to speak to room service manager. I said NO I want the hotel manager the room service manager doesn't care that I will not be staying here ever again. She said well sorry that's all I can do. 3 hours later after zero call from manager it's not 5:55pm I went to front desk ask for the manager this time I got Tarik. I told him the story he apologized and said let me look into this and get back to you. I was shocked he didn't know the problem but said ok. ZERO calls from him so the next day I called Asked for hotel manager. I now got Ash. He said he was manger. I told him the above story he apologized and said let me look into this what's you number ill call you back. Well 6 days later ZERO response from mr. Ash. This lack of service shows how little Starwood hotels care about the guest. I stay in hotel for work at least 80 days a year. Trust me I will avoid ALL Starwood hotels the w Westin four seasons you name it. A great hotel 1 block from this hotel is the intercontinental century city. Very similar but not as crowded. Very let down in this Starwood hotel.

• Stayed November 2012
Adevore, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Century Plaza, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Century Plaza hotel. I've shared your comments and concerns with Ash, Tarek and the hotel team to review in further detail. We apologize that the service you received did not meet your expectations and we hope that we can provide a positive resolution to this matter. We appreciate your business and your feedback.

Director of Public Relations

Been to Hyatt Regency Century Plaza? Share your experiences!