“Consistently a Great Quality Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Century Plaza

You added Hyatt Regency Century Plaza to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Century Plaza
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2025 Ave of the Stars, Los Angeles, CA 90067 (Century City)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Park, Play & Stay
Ranked #55 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
Forney, Texas
“Consistently a Great Quality Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I try to stay here two to three times a year when I work in the area. The rooms are always very spacious and I always get a nice, comfortable king sized bed. The grounds are kept very well manicured and are very nice for strolling . . . also there is a really nice large swimming pool--great for families! With each room I ever had here comes a good sized balcony, which I find relaxing. Since I had a lot of work to do in my room, I upgraded to a suite for a very modest charge . . . as a businessman this worked out really well. Also, the location is great if you want to do sight-seeing in the area. It's very close to places like Santa Monica, Hollywood, Beverly Hills, etc. . . finally the hotel is situated in a nice fairly quite area.

Room Tip: Become a Hyatt gold club member, you'll have more options to choose from. If noise bothers you...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Adevore, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Century Plaza, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you for being a loyal Hyatt Gold Passport member and choosing the Century Plaza for your frequent travels. As you mentioned, the hotel is centrally located with easy access to Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, Hollywood and Downtown Los Angeles. We are located on a quiet street and are walking distance to some incredible restaurants and shopping!

Director of Public Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Increadable! The service I received from check in to check out was out of this world!

We checked in early and not only was the room ready it was stunning!

We had the most amazing concierge help us with a dinner booking (where I proposed)- on arrival we were given champeyne that had been arranged by the concierge- How crazy is that!

All of our internet charges were wiped clean and we also received a free breakfast. Stunning pool too! This hotel knows exactly how to treat people and I will sell this property to all of my clients =)

Room Tip: If you want the best.- Stay here.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
On behalf of the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza Los Angeles, congratulations on your most recent engagement! I will be sure to let our amazing concierge team know that once again they were able to make a guest's stay memorable. We are thrilled you experienced our authentic hospitality firsthand and hope that you will choose our hotel for your honeymoon! We welcome your return.

Regina, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed here 2 nights in mid October 2012 as part of a motorcoach tour of California I was on. I have stayed at a lot of hotels across North America as part of my work and personal travels and I can rate this hotel in the top 3 hotels I've stayed at. What impressed me about this hotel the most was that it delivered what you'd think it would given its name and price. The pictures if anything do not fully do this hotle justice. Many hotels have an impressive lobby only to be disappointed by the rooms - this was NOT the case with the Hyatt. My room had a king bed and the most comfortable chair I have ever found in a hotel. As a big guy, I normally find the chairs in the hotel uncomfortable and not meant for long periods of sitting in unless you want to get a stiff neck, etc. This room had the greatest chair I have ever found in a hotel by far! It was so comfortable I actually fell asleep in it watching TV. It cradled my neck while having a matching foot rest that you could slide right up to the chair and make a recliner out of it. The bathroom was extremely clean, large and done up beatifully in marble and tile. Lots of space for all your toiletries. The lobbies were clean, modern, and impressive. The service at this hotel did not disappoint either, from the chamber maids, to front desk and the wait staff at the restaurant which was surprisingly reasonable and very good. Finally the outdoor living room in one word is IMPRESSIVE. comfy couches and tables for your drinks, waitress service from the bar, flat screen tv's, fire pits at night (natural gas) clothed ceilings to keep the sun off of you during the day along with curtains that can be pulled. Good looking pool although I never took a dip. I'd easily recommend this to all my friends and family if they plan on being LA. It's not exactly "close" to any major sites in LA, however, it is very much worth the cost of a cab to these sites.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Top 3 hotel you've ever stayed at?! WOW! We will take that all day long! On behalf of the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza, we are thrilled you enjoyed your visit to Los Angeles and found our hotel to meet all of your needs. We pride ourself on providing authentic hospitality and we can't wait to see you again soon.

Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for a conference. My room was on the top level (pent house level, normal room though). I had a lovely view when the smog was not bad. Also every room has a nice balcony. I ordered room service for breakfast which was prompt & good. If you want a coffee maker, you can request it at no charge, but it is not automatically in your room.

The fitness center is not in the same building but it is really nice and has a spa. It's just a short walk around the corner. The elevators are quick . Housekeeping is very professional & nice. The mall across the street has restaurants and lots of shops, also a nice grocery store.

The rooms are a bit dated, but nice furniture. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your most recent visit to our hotel. As you mentioned, the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza is unique as every room has a balcony offering sweeping views of the city. The hotel is centrally located next to great shopping and dining with Westfield Century City directly across the street. We hope to see you again soon.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

1) False advertising. There is no hotel gym. There is an Equinox adjacent and it costs $20 per use.
2) Horrible service. I slept with earplugs during my first 3 nights here because they put me in a room with a faulty a/c. Finally they moved me to a lower level where I could wake up to the lawn mower in the morning.
3) Horrible service continues: the restaurant hostess refused to give me an empty wine glass to bring to my room. She told me to call room service. I did. I'm still waiting. For an empty glass considering just chugging my wine bottle.

Bottom line: there's an Intercontinental down the street. Much nicer rooms, MUCH better service, comparable prices. That's where illbe next time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback regarding your most recent visit. The Hyatt Regency Century Plaza prides itself on providing authentic hospitality and creating an enjoyable experience for all. Clearly, this was not the case with you and for that I sincerely apologize. I have forwarded your comments on to the management team for further review. Please feel free to reach out to us directly so that we can be sure to accommodate you on your next visit.

Palmdale, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stayed at this hotel from October 4th to October 10th. My stay was nice. The lobby of the hotel is huge. It includes a Starbucks and a small convenience store. The hotel is nice and well kept. My room included a balcony with carpeted floor, which was nice. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. Parking is a bit pricey at $36 a night. The only option is valet. However, there is a parking garage near the hotel that offers parking at $28 a day, but does not include in and out privileges. The location of the hotel is great. The westfield shopping plaza is about a 3-5 min walk from the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you kindly for offering your feedback regarding your most recent visit to our Los Angeles hotel. As you mentioned, our valet parking is $36 per day with in and out privileges. The parking is comparable to other four star hotels and we feel we provide great value for that amount. We are pleased to report that our self-parking garage is now going to be $15 for the weekend (after 5 pm on Friday with exit before 2 on Sunday)! We hope to see you again soon.

Isle of Man
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We stayed at this hotel from 2nd October for 3 nights as part of our honeymoon trip, we had a great stay here the hotel was amazing - great location.
Westfield shopping plaza was a 3 minute walk from the hotel and the hop on hop off bus stops right outside the hotel(yellow route) which was handy as we booked a 2 day ticket and saw the sights of LA this way saved a fortune on taxis.
Room was well equipped and comfy no complaints whatsoever.
Free wifi in the lobby bar which was a nice added touch as you have to pay for it in the rooms.
Staff we very helpful and nothing was too much trouble for them.
Would certainly return if we head back to LA.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you kindly for choosing the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza Los Angeles for your honeymoon! We appreciate you taking the time to share your enjoyable experience and hope to see you again on your one year anniversary! After all, Tiffany & Co. is right across the street and Beverly Hills is a stone's throw away so celebrate your one year by going shopping!

Director of Public Relations

Been to Hyatt Regency Century Plaza? Share your experiences!