“Birthday Weekend” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Exclusive 15% Discount!
Ranked #14 of 323 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersGold level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Polish first
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Having stayed at Sofitel locations in NYC, Chicago, London, and Paris; I didn't put much effort into researching this hotel or others. Sofitel LA definitely lived up to the quality of the other locations. Our room was ready early which is always welcome. There was free wi-fi as well at this hotel. We booked a Hollywood Hills view, and ended up on the 8th floor with a fantastic view. One downside is that the school behind the hotel is putting up a new building, so the construction noise was quite loud early in the morning the days we were there. The valet parking was a bit expensive, but I guess that's how most places are in LA. This location is definitely more lively than some of the other locations I've stayed at before, the hotel is located at the corner of two major streets, while the others seem to be on quieter streets. This wasn't really an issue for us though. The hotel was in a great central location to get to Beverly Hills and Hollywood, along with highway access to other parts of the city. Just like the other locations I've stayed at, the staff at Sofitel LA were very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, with a Hollywood Hills view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
SofitelLA, General Manager at Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your wonderful review of Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills!
I am happy to know you appreciated the early check in and your room with the view on the Hollywood Hills. I am sorry for the noise because of the school construction, we really hope our guests won't be too disturbed because of this.
Thank you for your loyalty to Sofitel and I am glad that our staff made you feel welcome.
Devonport, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Great hotel, great location. Shopping centre across the road, a chemist and small supermarket 2 minutes walk away. The hop on hop off bus has a stop across the road. The staff were really friendly and helpful, there was only one of the guys at the concierge desk who I thought was a bit rude, but apart from him I couldn't fault the hotel. The beds are the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. Good restaurant downstairs. Overall very happy with our stay here, and would stay here again. We stayed in a room overlooking a little street at the behind the hotel, it was very quiet, but I think no matter where you stayed in the hotel, it would be quiet because it is in a fairly quiet area. The photos on the site are actually surprisingly pretty accurate, which is good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your review of Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills!
I am happy to read that you enjoyed our location and our staff members.
It is also always a pleasure to know that our Sofitel SoBoutique beds are the most comfortable beds our guests have ever slept in.
We hope to welcome you back as a guest soon!
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We traveled here first as a couple, then with friends. We had an amazing time. Everyone was SO friendly - the valet, the persons checking us in, room service, pool service, and at the restaurant. Unfortunately we didn't get to enjoy the gorgeous lounge area, but it looked French-chic and fun!

We had breakfast one day at the restaurant - we opted for the buffet. Great decision. The buffet includes omelets made to order, fresh fruit, a variety of juices, pastries, as well as a delicious meat and cheese platter. I'm so happy I went with this over the other selections.

Our bed was SO soft, I mean one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in. We also had a king room facing the hills, the shower in this room was awesome. The overhead rain shower was killer, I swear I could've spent hours in there. The products were also top notch, as well as the plush robe and slippers they provide. :)

When I think of LA, I think of snobby, rude people. The staff at the Sofitel at Beverly Hills made me think differently. We definitely don't get that kind of customer service here in Chicago. Next time I'm in the area, I'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: If it's just 2 of you, get a king room facing the beautiful hills.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills!
Thank you for all your nice comments about our hotel and our staff!
Our objective is to make your stay an unforgettable experience, and I am happy to see that your room with the view on the Hollywood Hills, the breakfast buffet and our french atmosphere, were details which contributed to this.
I am also glad that our staff members made you feel welcome.
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Located in front of the Beverly Shopping Centre this is perfect for the traveller who wants to be close to most LA attractions. Buses available almost in front of the hotel and plenty of good places to eat close by.
What I wasn't a fan of was how simple the hotel was for the price tag, nothing bad but nothing special. Place was clean and good service but for me it was missing a spark not sure why that was.
If you chose not to have breakfast in the hotel you may struggle to find anything else open before 10am, which is what happened to me. Walked for an hour and couldn't find anything open. Valet parking is pricey, but I guess you are in LA.
Overall can't go wrong here but it really depends on what you need to do and where you want to go. Not sure if I would be back unless I needed to be in Beverly Hills for a reason.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guest,
Thak you for your review of Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills.
I am happy that you liked our location but it troubles me that your stay didn't meet your expectations.
I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.
We hope to welcone you back as a guest soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel with amazing friendly staff! The rooms are nice and clean, with the most comfortable bed ever. The bathroom is also really nice with a big walk-in shower and only Lanvin products. The pool area is small and I guess a little crowded in the middle of summer, but it was clean with nice loungers, soft sunbeds and ice cold water dispenser. Very calm and relaxing area:) I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
SofitelLA, General Manager at Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for your wonderful review of Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills!
We have amazing staff members working with us and I am happy that they made you feel welcome.
I am glad to hear you had a relaxing stay with us and that you enjoyed our Lanvin products in the bathroom.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

After a lengthy flight from Melbourne Australia we were checked in at the hotel by a very efficient and friendly staff member. The room was clean and had a very spacious bathroom and extremely comfortable beds. Every staff member we encountered was friendly and polite and made us feel very welcome at the hotel. We also enjoyed a delicious dinner at the hotel restaurant and even received great travel advice from our waiter while dining. I highly recommend this hotel who is looking for somewhere comfortable, friendly and in a fantastic location.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guest,
Thank you for your review of Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills!
I am glad to read that our staff made you feel welcome and that you received the appropriate advice during your stay.
I am also happy you enjoyed your dinner at our Esterel Restaurant.
We hope to welcome you back as a guest soon,
Eric Lemaire, General Manager

Been to Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!