“not sure what to think” 3 of 5 stars

Exclusive 15% Discount!
Ranked #15 of 323 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersGold level
Paris, France
“not sure what to think”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I love the suite, the bathroom is separated by a window that can offer privacy or leave you visible with just a switch, egg benedict were amazing and so was the breakfast, the main problem in this hotel was the noise of the street.

Room Tip: As for a quiet room!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Matthew A, Front Office Manager at Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Bonjour Dfastener,

Thank you very much or sharing your experience at Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills. I was glad to see that you enjoyed your Suite and your breakfast while you were here with us.

I was disappointed that your stay was effect adversely affected by the city noise. I would love to hear more about your experience while you were here with us. I would also like to trouble shoot the door in the room you visited in an attempt to correct any structural issues with the seal.

I encourage you to reach out to me at your convenience if I can be of any further assistance.

Warm Regards,

Matthew Atkins
Front Desk Manager
Ph: 310-278-5444
Email: matthew.atkins@sofitel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Polish first
San Rafael, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

My son snd I stayed here for college tours we needed to attend at USC and UCLA. It was the perfect location for this. Our room was beautiful, clean, quiet and comfortable. The service is impeccable and they go above and beyond for you. Room service is a divine culinary experience but its expensive but worth the splurge! The location is close to so many things with mall directly across the street. It is close to the grapevine farmers market open mall and melrose. You can't go wrong staying here. You will have to pay extra for parking but most of the hotels charge for this so it does get pricey. If you want a quaranteed comfortable experience this is your go to place in L.A. Hotel is modern and updated. Bose radios in your room. They also have rooms on the above floors with french doors that can be opened. There is no balcony however. You wont regret staying here! Love the Sofitel Hotels!

• Stayed April 2013
SofitelLA, General Manager at Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Bonjour carmen k,

Thank you so much for your lovely review of Sofitel Los Angeles! I am happy to read that you enjoyed our location, your room,, our staff service, and the room service!
We look forward to welcoming you back soon
Eric Lemaire,
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I returned home from a weekend's stay at the Sofitel to find that someone attempted to withdraw funds from my bank account. My bank confirmed that the attempts were made at the Sofitel.

Now, I don't whether a guest hacked the free wifi or whether an employee with access to my name and CC information was the culprit. Either way, it'll keep me from ever staying at this property again. I notified the hotel and have yet to received a response, which I think speaks volumes about their interest in their clients and property.

Let me add: I had to catch billing errors THREE times during my stay, especially at the bar.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Bonjour Globetrotter1973,

I must admit I was shocked and embarrassed to read about your experience while hear at Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills.

I am very interested in assisting you in the resolution of this problem, and hopefully recovering from this difficult scenario. I put myself at your full disposal.

At your convenience, please email or call to speak to me.

Warm Regards,

Matthew Atkins
Ph: 310-378-5444
Email: matthew.atkins@sofitel.com
sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

My husband and i stayed here in the last week of April on the backend of a china work trip. I didnt do any research on the hotel-someone merely recommended it and being short on time we just booked it hastily. IM SO GLAD WE DID! The location was absolutely fantastic-it was our first time in the states so what a fabulous surprise! its located in west hollywood and near all the places a tourist must see. The Grove(large outdoor shopping and restaurants) was straight down Beverly boulevarde about a 3 minute drive...Beverly Centre which is a large shopping mall was literally across the street, there were a few starbucks within walking distance, a 24hr cvs pharmacy across the road also and the list goes on....the hotel itself was such a nice surprise too! it had a glamorous hollywood feel to it...there were large black and white rare photos of silver screen actors and black velvet lounges with metallic pewter decor everywhere. Our room was fairly simple but very clean-it wasnt glamorous but very comfortable..could do with a bit of an update...we had a patio/balcony which i would recommend booking. The bar was massive and had excellent food and service. all the staff were extremely helpful and professional. it happened to be our anniversary and my husband organised some roses with the concierge - the concierge then took it upon himself to organise complimentary champagne and chocolate covered strawberries when we got back that evening. we were both quite ill after our china trip as well so it was a lovely surprise and very appreciated. i would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling for work or leisure. i will definately make it my hotel of choice the next time im in LA. thanks you to everyone at Sofitel Los Angeles.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
SofitelLA, General Manager at Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Bonjour lingre,
I am delighted to read that you chose to spend your anniversary at Sofitel Los Angeles!
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel.
I am happy to know that you enjoyed our location, the hotel design, the food and our staff service.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Eric Lemaire, General Manager
London, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have stayed in a number of Sofitel hotels in Europe and the US and you are always guaranteed excellent service and comfort. The Sofitel Los Angeles is no exception. The staff couldn't be more helpful and the beds are excellent. My only disappointment is that the room doors are not as sound-proofed as I would expect of such a quality hotel. It was very easy to hear other doors being closed, people talking in the corridor and the lifts (elevators) arriving at the floor. I asked to move rooms and as I am a Gold Accor Cardholder I was upgraded to a small suite where I had an extra door between the bedroom and door to the corridor. That made the experience almost perfect for me.

I decided not to hire a car and instead rely on public transport. In a city like Los Angeles that can be quite a challenge but I found the Sofitel well placed. Provided you plan ahead it is quite easy to get around the city. Bus 14 runs frequently during the day from outside the hotel to the nearest Metro Station (about 20 minutes) and is extremely good value.

I was impressed by my stay and if I return to Los Angeles will stay at the Sofitel again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Bonjour Londoner2,
Thank you for your review of Sofitel Los Angeles. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed both our property and our staff.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Los Angeles.
Eric Lemaire, General Manager

Been to Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!