“A very good hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
London, England
“A very good hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have stayed in a number of Sofitel hotels in Europe and the US and you are always guaranteed excellent service and comfort. The Sofitel Los Angeles is no exception. The staff couldn't be more helpful and the beds are excellent. My only disappointment is that the room doors are not as sound-proofed as I would expect of such a quality hotel. It was very easy to hear other doors being closed, people talking in the corridor and the lifts (elevators) arriving at the floor. I asked to move rooms and as I am a Gold Accor Cardholder I was upgraded to a small suite where I had an extra door between the bedroom and door to the corridor. That made the experience almost perfect for me.

I decided not to hire a car and instead rely on public transport. In a city like Los Angeles that can be quite a challenge but I found the Sofitel well placed. Provided you plan ahead it is quite easy to get around the city. Bus 14 runs frequently during the day from outside the hotel to the nearest Metro Station (about 20 minutes) and is extremely good value.

I was impressed by my stay and if I return to Los Angeles will stay at the Sofitel again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
SofitelLA, General Manager at Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Bonjour Londoner2,
Thank you for your review of Sofitel Los Angeles. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed both our property and our staff.
Eric Lemaire, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We were there for a family vacation in May 2013..Hotel was very well located, in the heart of beverley hills, right opposite the beverley center, which has great shopping .There are great eating options right opposite the hotel in the beverley center.. There is a bis stop right outside the hotel, The rodeo drive is just a stroll away, the concierage was very helpful. The rooms are a little small though n the breakfast a little pricy. But, overall we had a great stay.. will definately stay there again.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a higher floor, preferably facing the HOLLYWOOD sign
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Bonjour Sjatin,
Thank you for your review of Sofitel Los Angeles.
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed both our location and our staff.
Zagreb
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Spent here 2 nights while visiting California.
Great experience from arrival when we checked in in 2 minutes and ushered in our luxurious room overlooking Hollywood sign (a little far, but it's visible). Room was large and tastefully furbished, with a very nice bathroom.
Everybody in hotel was nice and made us feel welcomed.
Would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Bonjour TomislavZgb,
Thank you for your wonderful review of Sofitel Los Angeles.
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your room with the view on the Hollywood Hills, as well as our staff.
Ederveen, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

This hotels is a true 5 star hotel. The staff is very professional and friendly, this goes for the guys at the valet parking to the gentleman that helped us at the front desk.

The rooms are very modern and spacious. It comes with a minibar and a very, very nice shower. The only thing I can think of that was missing was a coffee maker, I just loved to have a fresh cup of coffee in the morning.

The hotel also has a outdoor pool which was enjoyable. It is not very big but large enough to enjoy it.

I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a view at the Hollywood hills which was nice but not super special.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Bonjour MikeB92,
Thank you for your review of Sofitel Los Angeles.
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed both your room and our staff.
oceanside, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Very comfortable bed. Great shower. Very clean. And very conveniently located. Los Angeles is not a "walking city", but it's main attractions are all around you. And if you want to walk, you can always do it at the Beverly Center across the street (a beautiful mall). The service could not have been better from the parking attendants, to the desk staff, to the concierge, to the restaurant staff. If you want a good night's sleep, this is the hotel. A wonderfully comfortable bed, combined with the quietest big city hotel I've ever stayed in. (Plus the air-conditioning was whisper quiet, something not to be taken for granted.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
SofitelLA, General Manager at Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Bonjour maryannt,
Thank you for your review of Sofitel Los Angeles.
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our property, our location and our staff. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Los Angeles.
San Francisco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We needed to be in the area for a UCLA graduation, so based on great experiences with Sofitel in New Zealand, we decided to book the Sofitel in LA. The location is good, especially for UCLA, good restaurants and shopping, although you will still need to cab or drive. We had booked a deluxe room with Holywood Hills view, especially after ready some reviews that the other sides of the hotel can be noisy. We ended up on the 4th floor, right next to the elevator. We could literally hear every word of the conversations folks were having while waiting for the elevator, as I am sure they could hear ours! The room was small. It might be OK for a person travelling on business, but for a couple it was not enough room. The bathroom was pretty well equipped, but the door did not close well and given the small stature of the room itself, let's just say that any privacy while using the facilities was not really there. I know we're married but I don't want to be THAT married :). Cleanliness of the room was fine, although the windows need a darn good clean. The quality here is of an average room in a Westin type hotel, without the size. This is not representative of the Sofitel brand, and I feel they do themselves a disservice by offering these accommodations. The bar & restaurant areas are well done, the breakfast is excellent (fresh pastries). The staff are helpful and accommodating. There is a small pool on the 2nd story roof with a pleasant sun lounger area, a good place to relax after a day out. Overall; not the luxury or experience that I associate with Sofitel, and I feel they could do so much better than this. Maybe they are simply trying to be a business hotel.

Room Tip: avoid low floors anywhere near an elevator, booking a higher level than "standard" room is...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Bonjour Tracy P,
Thank you for your honest review of Sofitel Los Angeles.
I am happy to read that you enjoyed our location, breakfast and staff service but I am sorry that your room did not meet your expectations.
I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future,
Eric Lemaire, General Manager

Been to Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!