“FABULOUS! Convenient and well located hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Exclusive 15% Discount!
Ranked #14 of 323 hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersGold level

1,698 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Second stay at Sofitel. Check in was easy and they were very accommodating to our requests for a room with opening french doors. We overlooked the Beverly Centre. Remember to close the doors when you go to sleep as the noise from ambulances and traffic woke us up really early. When the doors are closed-it's really peaceful.
Location cannot be beat.. You can walk to so many shops and places to eat. We walked up to Robertson for lunch at The Ivy, and The Beverly Connection is across the street too.
Very easy to catch cabs from out front.
We did have an issue the last day which threatened to ruin our stay - but after a few calls with the Manager- the issue was resolved. Would stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
SofitelLA, General Manager at Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Bonjour SydneyTash,
Thank you for your review of Sofitel Los Angeles. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed both our property and our staff.
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Have stayed here a number of times and will continue to do so when in LA. It is convenient, has great facilities, a good restaurant and helpful staff.
Plus, access to inexpensive public transport is a bonus.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Bonjour PJMAustralia,
Thank you for your review of Sofitel Los Angeles.
I am happy to read that you enjoy both our location and our staff.
San Diego, California, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Stay at Sofitel quite often. Service is excellent. Hotel is contemporary and rooms are pretty good. We ate dionner in in hotel restaurant for the first time - I asked for my steak "bleu" or "black and blue". I thought they would know what this meant, especially in a French owned hotel. No clue. Steak was barely seared on the outside. Sent it back. Result was no better. I gave up at that point and ate the damn thing. My girlfriends salmon was perfectly cooked. Hotel has an excellent Gym - one of the resons we stay there. Air conditioning was noisy which affected our sleep somewhat. I'll stay there again but won't eat in restaurant. Overall I like the place. Great location.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Bonjour raffle101,
Thank you for your review of Sofitel Los Angeles.
I am happy to read that you enjoyed our property, our gym and our staff service.
I greatly appreciate you bringing to our attention the experience you had at our restaurant so that we may be able to prevent any future occurrences.
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I had a choice and I chose Sofitel for the experience that I thought I would have with a luxury hotel. My experience began with valet, and their in attentiveness to not open car doors. I went to check in, and that was uneventful so I thought. I remember reading reviews online, some good, some not so good, but I chose this establishment anyway; others mentioned the macarons upon check-in which I didn't receive, I noticed them on a platter behind the desk, but I was not greeted with the treats.They were given to others, just not me. I got to my room and it was of my expectation. I called guest services to inquire as to why I didn't receive macarons as others had, and I was told that if I wanted them I could come back to the front desk and get them as well as champagne too. My husband went back to front desk and received some macarons and Stephan told him that he would send some more up to the room.

My family went out for the evening and upon returning, valet didn't open my door and my husband let them know that they should have gotten my door as this was upsetting to him. In room Stephan had sent up some macarons and left a note addressed to Mrs. Jones and Mr. Oberst, I had some explaining to do as my husband was offended because he is Mr. Jones not Mr. Oberst. He questioned me as to who Mr. Oberst was, and I had to assure him I had no idea.

The air conditioner (ac)in the room wouldn't cool the room off. Thermostat stayed at 72/71 degrees even though I turned the temperature to 65F trying to cool the room off for bedtime. After not getting sleep for 2 nights I reported to guest services that the ac wasn't working and they said they'd send someone up to check it out. My husband decided that enough was enough and talked to Stephan about the challenges we were having, and he said he'd see what he could do. We went out for the day, but called and checked in with Stephan to see what if anything he could do. He said that everything was taken care of and that he was giving us spa credit. The spa was booked up well past my departure date and the ac in the room wasn't working. Stephan came to room 620 and insisted to us that the air conditioning was working if we would just reach up to the ceiling and feel the cold air coming out. The room never got cooler than 71F, and we let him know that that wasn't going to work for a 3rd night. We also let him know that the spa was booked up and he apologized for that. When visiting the spa on 2 separate occasions, the receptionist was unconcerned and uninterested in customer service and and appeared as if she hated her job. When I told her I would just get products with my spa credit, she laughed at me and said you cant get products with spa credit, only service, but she was unable to accommodate services. Stephan said he was afraid that if he moved us rooms that we would have the same problem with the ac, which tells me that he didn't believe us when we told him the unit wasn't working properly. Stephan did eventually move us to room 1021 after we convinced him the room wasn't cooling off,and 1021 cooled to the proper temperature in no time and I was able to get some sleep for my final 2 nights. It was a task to get towels for the 4 people (2 adults,2children) in my room, was always given 2 sets of towels even when I called and asked for more towels.

Upon check out, we were charged for breakfast, but that was quickly reversed when we told the clerk that breakfast was prepaid. I was just glad to leave Sofitel at this point. I began to think that the treatment we received was because we prepaid for a vacation package through American Airlines. Service at breakfast was ok, nothing outstanding, but I didn't have any problems. My husband and I travel a lot for business and pleasure, domestic and abroad, and we were terribly disappointed with the delivery of service at this establishment. I wasn't expecting anything special, just the best you had to offer and I was let down from the time I stepped foot on the property.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We had arrived with high expectations and the Sofitel far exceeded those. The reception staff were amazing, thoughtful and considerate, in fact so was everyone that we encountered who worked at the hotel. (In particular Bradley at the front desk/reception)

The rooms were amazingly modern, spacious, clean and functional. The bed was the most comfortable that we had encountered in any hotel in the world that we have stayed at.

Based out of Hollywood which is a good thing.

Do it.

Room Tip: Hills side room was great
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
SofitelLA, General Manager at Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Bonjour onewillo,
Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel, staff, and your experience. I will certainly be thanking Bradley for his guest service during your stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon,
Houston, Texas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

The Sofitel in LA is a first class establishment! When I am in town this is the place that I look forward to staying. The hotel is very centrally located and close to Hollywood, great shopping like The Grove and a short drive from Santa Monica and Malibu. The staff is superb! Everyone is extremely welcoming and helpful, from valet, the front desk, room service staff, etc. The style of the lobby is very sleek like a sexy little art museum. The rooms are very nicely designed and as an interior design major I am very picky about my rooms! The beds are THE most comfy I have ever experienced and waking up to a view of the Hollywood sign is not a bad way to start the day. If you are looking for a hotel that treats everyone like a star then this is your place!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

SofitelLA, General Manager at Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Bonjour joy0302,
Thank you for your wonderful review of Sofitel LA!
I am happy to read that you enjoyed our location and the design of the hotel.
It is also nice to read that our staff service make you feel so welcome.
We hope to welcome you back as a guest soon!
Eric Lemaire, General Manager

Been to Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!