“You ge what you pay for!!!!!1” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Exclusive 15% Discount!
Ranked #14 of 322 hotels in Los Angeles
Miami, Florida
“You ge what you pay for!!!!!1”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

An extremely well run hotel in an incrediable location close to Rodeo Dr, Restaurants, etc. The Hotel is very clean, very comfortable beds, and great responsive staff. The rooms are newly done looking with great bathrooms stcked with amenities.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the Hills in the back of the hotel off the street as you cannot hear a pin drop...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
SofitelLA, General Manager at Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Bonjour GsfHollywood,
Thank you for your wonderful review of Sofitel LA! I am happy to read that you enjoyed our location and our property.
Thank you for the words you said about our staff.
We have some amazing members working for us, and it is always nice to read such kind words about them!
We hope to welcome you back as a guest soon!

1,674 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Polish first
West Hollywood, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Stayed 2 nights and don't want to leave! Location is wonderful, quiet area of Beverly Hills and right across from Beverly Center so lots of restaurants and shopping. Rooms are wonderful, bed looked kinda lumpy and soft, but slept wonderfully and my husband woke up with no back pain. Bathrooms so nice, oversized shower with duals shower heads and bench. It also has a frosted glass window so natural light in the shower!! Also love the frosted glass sliding bathroom door, very chic. And live bamboo plants in the bathroom, plus extra goodies like a nail file and makeup remover pads. Love the large hangers and two reading lights over the bed. Everyone, from doormen to fronts desk to guest services were friendly, helpful and very accommodating. Nice meeting rooms on the second floor with natural light, and delightful staff. Our room was on the street but very quiet, looks like the have new soundproof doors. We did hear a siren one morning but hey, it's a big city so not unexpected. Restaurant was great food, bar was quiet and bartender was gracious and helped us figure out our schedule for the next day. This is a great location between Hollywood and the heart of Beverly Hills with all the necessities and some awesome unexpected extras.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Bonjour GsfHollywood,
We have some amazing staff members working for us, and it is always so nice to read such kind words about them!
We hope to welcome you back as a guest soon!
Shanghai, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I had asked a room on a high floor midway between the elevator and end of the corridor. When I checked in I was told that your hotel had made special arrangement for a room on the 5th floor. Now, your rooms go from 3rd-10th floor. Anyone can tell you that 5th floor is not a high floor in that configuration. I have stayed with you in my travel everywhere in the world. I expected better treatment and consideration. You will have to do better in my next stay.
Grace

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Bonjour Traveltwo8,
Thank you for your honest review of Sofitel Los Angeles.
Please contact our Guest Relations Manager Nina (nina.monraz@sofitel.com) upon your return trip to Los Angeles and we will ensure that your return visit is a better one.
Thank you for bringing these matters to my attention.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Our room and bathroom were clean. The bed too firm for me, but might suit others. All staff were friendly and helpful. Can be a noisy location (we were on a lower floor), but handy to shopping and places to eat.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
SofitelLA, General Manager at Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Bonjour Jocomm,
Thank you for your review of Sofitel Los Angeles.
I am happy to read that you had an enjoyable time in our hotel.
We look forward to being able to serve you again soon.
Auckland, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Have just returned from a 3 night stay at the Sofitel. We stayed here in a suite about five years ago on our last trip to Los Angeles and enjoyed it so thought we would stay again. It is pricey but so is the rest of Beverly Hills. Hotels lobby is lovely and looks like it has certainly been kept updated. Lovely attentive staff on check in and were given biscuits and complimentary drink voucher for the bar which was a really nice touch. We had booked a double room and was sharing for my sister and mother and thought it was only 3 nights so my sister and I would just share a bed. I did advise we would be doing this upon booking and it was not advised this would not be suitable. Put it this way if you are planning to share a bed with someone who is over the age of 2 then dont do it - a double bed doesnt seem much larger than a single and certainly not at all suitable for 2 adults. We did request to change rooms and were happy to pay the difference but unfortunately were advised they were all booked out. Do not book a double room and think about sharing it is not suitable. The beds are extremely uncomfortable and it seems they have put mattress toppers on to try and accomodate this but we were all waking with sore backs daily. Room was clean, on the small size and would call it average it looks like it has not been renovated in a while and it kind of shows. Bathroom looked like it had been upgraded. We were advised it was a city view but actually it was just a view of the side entrance of the shopping centre and no city was in sight. Im sure the king rooms are nicer and I know the suites are as I've stayed in them before. But please do not book a double if you want to share the bed with anyone because they are just way too small and the hotel should be advising this. Wi Fi free of charge were great and staff were lovely.

Room Tip: Dont think about sharing a double bed they are not big enough.
Bonjour AKLDMUMTO2,
Thank you for your honest review of Sofitel Los Angeles.
I am sorry to read that your recent stay with us did not meet your expectations.
I apologize that we were not able to give you another room because of the occupancy.
Thank you again for your honest feedback regarding your stay, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I stayed for two nights and had a very good experience.
Clean
Service excellent
Room - reasonable. The bed was ok, but not my favorite - the rest of the room was contemporary, very nice bathroom and I liked the fact that they offered free low speed internet in your room
The restaurant (for breakfast) was Excellent.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Bonjour dinningforfun,
Thank you for your wonderful review of Sofitel Los Angeles.
I am happy to read that you had an enjoyable time in our hotel and in our restaurant.
We look forward to being able to serve you again soon.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Stayed here a couple of nights at the tail end of a US holiday.

Location wise, the hotel is right across the street from the Beverly Center, and maybe 10 minutes drive from the Grove and CBS (depending on traffic of course!). Being LA, a car is particularly helpful in getting around - unfortunately there is no self parking option (my usual preference) only valet; still, I found the service to be very good, and never had to wait very long at all for my car.

I stayed in a Hollywood Hill view room - although not huge, the room was reasonable, and I had a view of the hills and the Hollywood sign. I was on a lower floor however, and found it a bit dark.

Aside from valet, I only dealt with the staff at check in and check out, and I found them to be very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
SofitelLA, General Manager at Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Bonjour,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Sofitel Sofitel Los Angeles on your recent visit to the city and for taking the time to share your experience. We are delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay with us.
At Sofitel, we strive to provide superior levels of service to all guests, therefore your feedback is very important to us and we thank you again for providing it.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and hope that your next visit will be as pleasing as the previous one.

Yours sincerely,

Eric Lemaire
Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills

Been to Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!