“Sleek & Stylish” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Sleek & Stylish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

I booked this thru Jetsetter and was not disappointed. A supremely clean & exceptionally staffed property. Yes, the traffic around here stinks & getting around for business proves a challenge at certain hours. But a great spot that exceeded expectations. The food, in particular, stood out...

• Stayed February 2013
SofitelLA, General Manager at Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Bonjour Al_Dominick,
Thank you for your wonderful review of Sofitel LA!
I am happy to read that you enjoyed our location, our staff and the food at our restaurant.
We hope to welcome you back as a guest soon!
Eric Lemaire,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Nevaga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Very nice hotel, friendly staff. The food and service in their restaurant was excellent. There is also an outdoor seating area that was very enjoyable.
We were disappointed in the noise of the Hollywood Hills view room and wish we had been told about it before we unpacked every thing or we would have asked for a different room not facing the Hills.
It is located in a great area of town with an upscale mall and restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: We had a Hollywood Hills view room and I would not recommend it as they all face a children's s...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
SofitelLA, General Manager at Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Bonjour Susan S,

Thank you for your review of Sofitel Los Angeles.
While I am happy to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of our staff and property, it troubles me that you had problems with your room.
Please contact our Guest Relations Manager Nina (nina.monraz@sofitel.com) upon your return trip to Los Angeles and we will ensure that your return visit to Sofitel Los Angeles is a better one. Warm regards,
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

The hotel is very well located., the price therefore can't be cheap or affordable to many.. but if you are willing to spend a few more dollars, the place is totally worth it.. I am not sure if I am coming back soon ($$) but the rooms, the restaurant and bar are among the best
You can't go wrong withthis hotel...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Bonjour Joaquin T,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of Sofitel Los Angeles.
I am happy to read that you had an enjoyable time in our property.
We look forward to being able to serve you again soon.
Oakland, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I stay frequently at the Sofitel New York and had high expectations for my stay in Los Angeles. These expectations were not met. The front desk clerk was cheerful, but not especially on the ball. She forgot my breakfast coupons and gave me laughably incorrect information about getting to Century City in the morning (told me to budget 45 minutes for a 10 minute drive).

My so-called "luxury" room was small and unimpressive (approx. 300 sq.ft., not the 375-425 stated on the website). They kept claiming that my fifth floor room was an "upgrade" (per Club Accor Gold status) because it was on a "high floor" and had a "Hollywood Hills view." Please. I know an upgraded room when I see one, and this one was not.

Room service dinner arrived quickly. I do appreciate that Sofitel keeps its room service menu reasonably affordable. The food was barely average, however, particularly the very small $12 salad. My breakfast experience was abysmal. Service was slow and my waitress simply disappeared after dropping off my food. I had to flag down someone else to get my bill. The "granola parfait" consisted of a small lump of yogurt at the bottom of a tall water glass, then a small pile of granola, and three raspberries on top. Totally lame. On the positive side, the coffee was very good.

On the whole, the room was massively overpriced at $299/night. I will stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
SofitelLA, General Manager at Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Bonjour acek,

Thank you for your honest review of Sofitel Los Angeles.
It troubles me that your breakfast experience fell short of your expectations. Please rest assured that I have brought your comments to the attention of our Food and Beverage Director Adam Cohen.