“Best hotel I've ever visited” 5 of 5 stars

Exclusive 15% Discount!
Ranked #15 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersGold level
Stamford, Connecticut
“Best hotel I've ever visited”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

During a stressful visit to care for a relative, my husband and I treated ourselves to a nice stay in Beverly Hills to be within walking distance of our cousin. We got an upgrade, although this was our first visit. It was in short, divine. A suite of superbly designed and excecuted rooms with views of the Hollywood Hills, excellent dining in our room, the sexiest gym you've ever sweated in, and an outdoor pool we never had the chance to use. The ample living area with stunningly high ceilings and a solid sliding door allowed us to work simultaneously, I Skyping in to class while he pounded emails to the office. The only time I've seen this kind of luxury was in Asia, where it's far less pricey. We didn't even miss being in Santa Monica.

Room Tip: Get the 800 sq. ft. king.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
SofitelLA, Guest Relations Manager at Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Hello, and thank you for having choosing to stay at Sofitel Los Angeles in Beverly Hills ! We really appreciate you taking the time post your review!

One of our biggest goals is to set expectations for our guests, and I am delighted to see that we met them! I will be sure to share you amazing words with out team members.

We appreciate your review, and look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Beverly Hills.

Warm regards,

Nina Monraz
Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Polish first
los angeles
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I don't write often write reviews of local places, however, I feel compelled to write about the lack of customer service at the bar in the Sofitel, Beverly Hills location. My husband and I attended a fundraiser at the hotel Saturday night, thinking the Sofitel here in the States would be comparable to the quality of service in Europe. We couldn't have been more disappointed. The fundraiser ended early enough where my friends, husband, and I wanted to go to the bar to have a couple of drinks before going home. We sat in the back end on some couches and were served our first drink by a very professional and friendly waitress. The problem came when after only a half hour at the bar, we were approached by the bar manager stating he was sorry he was late in placing signs, but the area we were occupying was reserved for another group (this was after 11pm). All the manager offered us was apologies. One of my friends stated to him at the very least, he should comp us our drinks. He looked confused by her statement, then returned a minute later to state all he could offer us was a 20% discount off of our drinks? This is the bar manager? Maybe I'm "old school", but my opinion is if you have the authority to kick your customers out of their seat for whatever the reason should be (money perhaps?), you have the authority and the obligation to offer more than a weak apology. You as a manager, you as a hotel, need better training in compensating your customers when a "mistake" is made WITHOUT the customer having to suggest it to you.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Hello, and thank you for taking the time to write your review of your recent experience with us. I am so sorry that it seems we missed the mark. We have shared your feedback, and rest assured you’re your comments have been shared with our General Manager and our partners to ensure that an experience like yours is not repeated. Please feel free to contact me directly at nina.monraz@sofitel.com with any additional feedback or any questions you may have. Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention!
Cairns, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We stayed here after a cruise through the Panama canal in late November. I chose this hotel due to its proximity to the Bevererly Center. As it turns out the shopping center was a bit disappointing but I found other lovely places to shop.
I found the French greetings to be a bit irritating and am not sure why they do that as I have not found that in other Safitels I have been in.
The room was ready at noon when we checked in which was a bonus and they ofered a late check out with my Accor card which was great. I liked the room and bathroom very much and even though it looked out the back it was interesting watching the comings and goings in the school behind us. It even had a Juliet balcony with doors that opened. The only downside was the carpet which was in poor condition.
Found all the staff we encountered great. The breakfast in the restaurant was excellent with good coffee and tasty offerings as an alternative to the buffet style breakfast.
All in all, quite comfortable and would return if had to be in this area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
SofitelLA, Front Office Manager at Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am happy you enjoyed your stay and found our staff to be helpful and friendly. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We stayed here for the first 3 nights of our honeymoon, the room was a good size seeing as it is a good location, we opted for the suite which is well worth it, great big shower and a bath with a tv. We had room service each morning for breakfast and this was really nice, though a little expensive. The bed is a little too soft and we had to take the duvet off that they put under the sheets.
The staff were all very polite and helpful, i would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: upgrade to a suite if you can
Rio de Janeiro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We booked this hotel through Hotwire and we paid less than US$180,00/night. The hotel is very modern, the decoration is beautiful, the room service is very good, the spa is amazing. Is next to the Berverly Center, CVS, Marshalls... The staff is extremely friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
SofitelLA, Manager at Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

After a long flight from Australia, you don't get a more amazing bed then a Sofitel bed, not to mention spending far too long in the monsoon shower. I slept through the day and night to ward of the jet lag. The room was clean, crisp and foyer, gym and other hotel areas is fine form. My experience here was ruined though with poor reception staff service due to charges to my Travel card that where not refunded (some $600) until 2 weeks after I departed the hotel. In fact, my entire vacation was over and funds where still being held on my credit card. After many calls and emails, I still got little resolve!! Eventually the funds where returned to my card.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Been to Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!