We treated ourselves to a one-night getaway at the Sofitel at the tail end of our vacation to Southern California. We arrived on a quiet Wednesday evening, and the staff, from the valet, to the front desk, to the bar, to the waiter at breakfast the next morning, provided top-notch service. Our rate included 2 breakfast coupons and 2 drink coupons, which was a big plus. We were given an upgraded room on the 8th floor with a view of the Hollywood Hills, which made for a fantastic sight in the morning. No hassles on check-out, and our car was waiting for us with bags already in the trunk as we walked out the door. I was a little surprised that there wasn't much life out on the streets around the hotel, especially being across the street from the Beverly Center, but perhaps it was because it was the day before Thanksgiving. You are also a short 25-30 minute drive from all important destinations - LAX, beaches, Universal Studios, and downtown LA (and walking distance, albeit a long one, to the La Brea Tar Pits). The breakfast is pretty good, but if it isn't included in your room rate, is rather pricey; we would have been bumping up on $50 for 2 people, and we didn't order anything particularly fancy.
Beware that parking is pricey at $33 a night. It appears there are a couple of garages just down Beverly Blvd. if you're trying to save a few bucks.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Los Angeles Hotel
- Sofitel Los Angeles Hotel Los Angeles
- Accor Los Angeles
- Sofitel Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Sofitel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills is a stunning hotel in LA offering elegant luxury accommodations and dramatic decor with an ambiance that combines see-and-be-seen excitement and the calm of an urban resort.Ideally situated on the corner of La Cienega and Beverly Boulevard opposite the Beverly Shopping Center this West Hollywood hotel is conveniently located near Cedar Sinai Medical Center Rodeo Drive Melrose Avenue and Sunset Boulevard.Discover a unique blend of French fashion mixed with Hollywood glamour at this elegant hotel.Choose from 295 rooms on 10 floors including 26 suites and two Imperial Suites all featuring Sofitel's luxurious feather top and duvet sleep system - SoBed.Savor the distinctive and delicious cuisine of the Mediterranean at Estérel, our new contemporary French restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, ACCOR, Travelocity, Orbitz, Otel, Priceline, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.