“perfection has a name: "Four Seasons in Beverly Hills"” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
30% Off + Dinner Credit
Ranked #3 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
Amsterdam
“perfection has a name: "Four Seasons in Beverly Hills"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We stayed two nights in a suite in this hotel. When we arrived we met one of the most friendliest receptionists ever. He was very interested in Europe and The Netherlands. We were escorted to the room together with our luggage, this is very efficient.

The room was beautiful decorated. A large living room and a large bedroom. We had two bathrooms. In the room they have an Ipad so you can order roomservice, concierge assistance etc. from the Ipad.

The spa area is beautiful, but without rest area. The swimming pool is heated, the service is like the rest of the hotel perfect. I went to the gym and sauna and left my bracelet in a locker. The staff from the spa did not know my name, but when I was in the lobby the receptionist came to me and said that I left my bracelet in the spa. So they could describe me and reception did know who I was. The spa reception excused because they did not know my name. I said that I liked the service a lot as they knew me. All the staff know you immediately. For example when we had breakfast on our second day the lady in the restaurant knew what we ordered the day before. Another lady in the restaurant (she served lunch the former day) knew us and came to us for a small talk. This is service we appreciate and like.

One thing that was not top was the reservation for a restaurant. I gave 2 names to the concierge for a restaurant. Thought it was one restaurant, but by accident gave 2 different restaurants. I also said that if they did not have a table I wanted to go to another trendy restaurant. They made reservations for one of the two I gave, unfortunately this was not a trendy restaurant. Partly it was my fault as I gave two names, partly the concierge could contact me and asked which restaurant I was more interested for. The food in the other restaurant was good, but I expected another restaurant.

We liked this hotel so much. If we return to LA we definitely will come back. This hotel is known for the service. We got the best service in America in this hotel!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Turkish first
Eureka, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

We loved this hotel. First time here, and we were treated like royalty. Hats off to a wonderful concierge desk. Not only, did they guide to the in-house Culina, but they sent us in the right direction for breakfast, lunch and dinner. They also booked a wonderful Beverly Hills tour with Glitterati Tours and got us a VIP experience at Universal Studios. All around wonderful hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Highly recommended for travel. The staff is as good as you will ever find. The food is superb. We made the mistake of going out for our Thanksgiving meal to a nearby Beverly Hills lux hotel (not a Four Seasons.) Big mistake.

They really make you feel welcome in spite of the number of celebs that are around.

Room Tip: Get southside facing rooms
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

AMAZING!!! We were upgraded to a corner room viewing the Hollywood sign. Granted it was in the distance, it was pretty cool!! Our room was flawless! I don't say that lightly. We had a balcony so we could walk out and see the sign and night sky. The surrounding area directly around the hotel is nothing special, but don't let that stop you. You are in the heart of it!!! Since it was our anniversary, we were sent champagne and chocolate covered strawberries with flecks of edible gold flakes on the chocolate. The swimming pool is salt water and at a perfect temperature year round. The hot tub is a perfect temperature. The gym is small, but filled with new equipment! We were a little surprised that the locker rooms did not have hot tubs and were not extensive, but that was ok. The locker rooms in the Baltimore and Palm Beach FS were immense and luxurious! The locker rooms at the Beverly Hills were much much better than average, don't get me wrong!

While staying here, we saw Paul McCartney and the Chicago Bulls basketball team. Justin Bieber was staying here as well, but we did not see him. Top tier people stay here. We say a Bugatti sports car with $2 million dollars pull up. In addition, RRs and Bentleys. This is NICE! They have house cars that take you a few miles around the hotel. One is a 2012 Mercedes and a 2012 RR Ghost. No joke.

This hotel is secluded from Rodeo Drive and smaller than the Beverly Wilshire (a second FS hotel) hotel (next to Rodeo drive) less than 2 miles away, but you can probably tell, it is still beyond amazing. At the time, the Beverly Wilshire was under construction (including half of the hotel and the pool). The Beverly Wilshire is the "pretty woman" hotel and is fancy, but I prefer the secluded Beverly Hills Four Seasons. You can walk between the two hotels, but it takes a good 15-20 minutes. For car people, you see very high end cars ALL of the time. Very cool area. We wanted to see a movie and went to the Grove. We were dropped off in a Mercedes and picked up at night in the Rolls Royce. AMAZING!! Some FS will have a house car and drop you off somewhere, but not pick you up. This FS picks you up as well, but you have to call and it might take 30 minutes or so, so relax and have it sink in that you are in Beverly Hills. Enjoy!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room viewing the Hollywood sign
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

This is my second time staying at this Four Seasons. As one would expect from a 5 star hotel with the Four Seasons name you are treated like gold from the moment you walk in. actually even before you walk in...as I pulled my car up to the front to check in, 4 different people ran over to the car to help us with luggage and check in. The front desk staff couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating to my needs. Many hotels in LA bend over backwards for the celebs staying there and forget about the 'other' guests, but not this hotel. They really managed to treat every single guest perfectly. At one point in my stay a famous movie producer was at reception and I had a question and had to pick something up at the desk. The person excused herself from him and attended to me immediately. Throughout my stay I was addressed by my name and every need I had which was many was attended without hesitation. I highly recommend this hotel over others that I have stayed at in the area.

Room Tip: I stayed in the executive suite during both my stays. I looked at other rooms, but was very happy wi...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Basque Country
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

On the last leg of our Southern California trip we decided to splash out a little bit and stay at the Four Seasons at Beverly Hills. I must admit that, while the hotel has failed to impress me, it is undeniably an excellent place which no doubt deserves its high rating and category.

All in all it has been a great experience and whereas I can't help feeling the hotel lacked "something" as opposed to other high end places I have stayed in, it deserves all the praise it gets from reviewers. To sum up the pros and the cons:

PROS:

-Sensational staff, both at the hotel's entrance, at front desk (Nadia and Kaisha-not sure about the spelling, sorry- in our case) and at the hotel's bar and restaurants (some of them spoke Spanish to boot). You certainly feel special.
-The lobby, lounges, elevators and hotel's gardens are exquisitely designed. And the tasteful atmosphere was further increased but the hotel's discreet albeit charming Christmas decoration.
-Superb hotel bar, cocktails prepared with expertise and great beer selection in a very cosy atmosphere. Don't expect celebrity-like clientele, though, at least during the evenings.
-Tasty breakfast with plenty to choose from, exquisitely prepared. The Culina restaurant, where breakfast was served, had a great setting as well.
-Excellent location, close to Wilshire Boulevard, within walking distance to both the Rodeo Drive area and Robertson Boulevard, as well as the bars around Santa Monica Boulevard. If you felt energetic, you could also walk to the Sunset Strip by following Doheny Drive. For those who are not avid walkers like us the hotel provides a complimentary car to areas located within 1 mile of the property (we did not use it, even if walking in LA can be a daunting experience).
-Very good pool and fitness facilities.

CONS:

Not too many to choose from but I think they are worth highlighting due to the hotel's costs and category.

-First of all, I found the hotel's outside appearance does not do it justice. Having visited other Four Seasons around the world or walked by other high end hotels in LA, I must say this one's outside look is quite disappointing, it reminded me of those concrete blocks you can find along the Southern Spanish coast. Of course what matters is what the hotel is like on the inside, but I think I should point this out.
-Room: we opted for a superior room and I feel we should have upgraded to another category. Don't get me wrong, the room was spacious (with a balcony) and spotlessly clean and well-kept, but for some reason I think it felt dated, I assume we were assigned one of the older room and it certainly had a tired apperance that could be noticed both in the furniture and in the bathroom (leaking shower, for instance).

However, as I said, it has been a more than satisfactory experience in a hotel that, I think, is definitely 5-star albeit not ultra-luxurious. Very recommended.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

This hotel is classic, chic and timeless. Rooms are on the small side but beautifully appointed and immaculately clean. We upgraded to a corner room on the eleventh floor and were rewarded with a wraparound balcony with stellar views of the Griffith Observatory, downtown LA, Beverly Hills and the Hollywood sign. We hobnobbed with A-List celebrities, including several Oscar winning actors. Well located but yet feeling tucked away and private. A real gem.

Room Tip: The upgrade to a corner room on a high floor is well worth the expense.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!