“Lacks the wow factor, but it would be unfair not to give it the top-rating.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills

Special Offer
Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 318 hotels in Los Angeles
Basque Country
“Lacks the wow factor, but it would be unfair not to give it the top-rating.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

On the last leg of our Southern California trip we decided to splash out a little bit and stay at the Four Seasons at Beverly Hills. I must admit that, while the hotel has failed to impress me, it is undeniably an excellent place which no doubt deserves its high rating and category.

All in all it has been a great experience and whereas I can't help feeling the hotel lacked "something" as opposed to other high end places I have stayed in, it deserves all the praise it gets from reviewers. To sum up the pros and the cons:

PROS:

-Sensational staff, both at the hotel's entrance, at front desk (Nadia and Kaisha-not sure about the spelling, sorry- in our case) and at the hotel's bar and restaurants (some of them spoke Spanish to boot). You certainly feel special.
-The lobby, lounges, elevators and hotel's gardens are exquisitely designed. And the tasteful atmosphere was further increased but the hotel's discreet albeit charming Christmas decoration.
-Superb hotel bar, cocktails prepared with expertise and great beer selection in a very cosy atmosphere. Don't expect celebrity-like clientele, though, at least during the evenings.
-Tasty breakfast with plenty to choose from, exquisitely prepared. The Culina restaurant, where breakfast was served, had a great setting as well.
-Excellent location, close to Wilshire Boulevard, within walking distance to both the Rodeo Drive area and Robertson Boulevard, as well as the bars around Santa Monica Boulevard. If you felt energetic, you could also walk to the Sunset Strip by following Doheny Drive. For those who are not avid walkers like us the hotel provides a complimentary car to areas located within 1 mile of the property (we did not use it, even if walking in LA can be a daunting experience).
-Very good pool and fitness facilities.

CONS:

Not too many to choose from but I think they are worth highlighting due to the hotel's costs and category.

-First of all, I found the hotel's outside appearance does not do it justice. Having visited other Four Seasons around the world or walked by other high end hotels in LA, I must say this one's outside look is quite disappointing, it reminded me of those concrete blocks you can find along the Southern Spanish coast. Of course what matters is what the hotel is like on the inside, but I think I should point this out.
-Room: we opted for a superior room and I feel we should have upgraded to another category. Don't get me wrong, the room was spacious (with a balcony) and spotlessly clean and well-kept, but for some reason I think it felt dated, I assume we were assigned one of the older room and it certainly had a tired apperance that could be noticed both in the furniture and in the bathroom (leaking shower, for instance).

However, as I said, it has been a more than satisfactory experience in a hotel that, I think, is definitely 5-star albeit not ultra-luxurious. Very recommended.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

583 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
San Antonio, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

This hotel is classic, chic and timeless. Rooms are on the small side but beautifully appointed and immaculately clean. We upgraded to a corner room on the eleventh floor and were rewarded with a wraparound balcony with stellar views of the Griffith Observatory, downtown LA, Beverly Hills and the Hollywood sign. We hobnobbed with A-List celebrities, including several Oscar winning actors. Well located but yet feeling tucked away and private. A real gem.

Room Tip: The upgrade to a corner room on a high floor is well worth the expense.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

The Four Season LA is probably one of the warmest and friendliest hotels i have stayed in. First time in "The City Of Angels", and made all the nicer by the hotel and its staff. We had a great stay. The food was very good, the room and beds were very cosy and comfortable. We were made to feel very special. Everyone is treated the same, and that is a rare and wonderful thing to find in L.A. We were so spoiled, it has made it very difficult to want to stay anywhere else!

Room Tip: Stay as high up as you possibly can. We were on the very top floor, and the views were spectacular!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

When you stay in a Four Seasons Hotel you have very high expectations for a remarkable hotel stay. This was, unfortunately, not the case at The Four Seasons in Beverly Hills. Let me tell you about three unacceptable experiences. I booked an appointment for a pedicure at the spa on Sunday ( a not inexpensive one, might I say). I entered the spa which was dark, soothing, and smelled great to wait for my technician. She arrived and ushered me out of the spa into what used to be a guest room and said, "this is where we will be doing your pedicure" . How did I know had been a guest room, you ask? The flat screen TV was still on the bureau and my pedicure chair was the upholstered chair that was in my guest room upstairs. My foot rest, the towel-covered hassock also found in my guestroom...my legs kept cramping at the weird angle. They had pulled out the bed, than goodness! I soaked my feet in a big bowl on the floor. Think of snipped toenails flying into bedroom rug...wait its too disgusting - don't think of that. I must say in spite of the horrendous room and discomfort, I did get a good pedicure.

Now here's another...before I wen to breakfast that morning, I called downstairs at 9:45A and asked to have my room made up by noon! I was assured that would not be a problem. Guess what - not done! Got back - no service

Here is the crowning glory. I was scheduled to be picked up for a business appointment on Monday morning at 7:00A and called down and placed my wake-up call before I went to bed. I awoke startled at 6:30A to realize that they had never called me to wake me up!

A Four Seasons Hotel, really!!!!! I, of course, called the Manager to tell him of my three mishaps and he apologized and sent up wine and cheese but who wants the lousy wine and cheese? I can get that at home. I wanted a true Four Seasons experience. I even got to LA two days before I had to go to work to soak that experience up!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I spent my birthday this year at the Four Seasons Hotel, and from the moment I was picked up at the airport I was treated as if I was the only guest at this hotel. From Paul, our driver from the airport;Christine, front desk clerk; Barbara, Andrea, Danny, Marco the concierge staff; Alan the door greeter; Nelson the courtesy car driver; Raha, Sam, and Jennifer at the Culina Restaurant, the service was top notched, and super attentive. You could not find a friendlier more helpful group of people.

My room was clean, and I had a balcony overlooked a garden. I used the exercise facilities, which was clean and stocked with towels. From now on, every time I visit LA I will be staying at the Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I just love this hotel. I stay here for work and get treated so well whenever I stay here no matter what my room rate is at the time or how busy the hotel may be during an event.

The beds are amazing and I always get a great night's sleep. The pool is a fun experience. It's a roof top with great people watching but also relaxing. The gym is interesting since it's right by the pool and semi outdoors. Love the restaurant, Culina for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Room Service!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dallas TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We had the best hotel experience to date at The Four Seasons, Beverly Hills Resort. We actually booked our room on another site, and a little nervous to be placed in a low level, lower grade room due to the discount site we used to purchase the reservation. However, upon arrival we were treated like royalty, and met with warm and friendly front desk staff, who upgraded us to a large suite with two fabulous balconies overlooking the whole city and Hollywood Hills. We honestly could have been perfectly content hanging out in our amazing room, or laying by the heated pool or cabana, but we went in November so pool time wasn't on our list of things to do! After cramming in all the LA tourist things and shopping all over town, we came back to our retreat and ordered amazing room service which was very romantic and excellent food. The icing on the cake was the complimentary car service provided at the touch of a call to the concierge! They made all our reservations for us, including the famous Ivy Restaurant, had us a luxury car waiting, and off we went! We were given a card to call any time we needed, wherever we were in town, and they would come retrieve us immediately. Of course we have a tendency to get lost and walked all over Beverly Hills and West Hollywood, circled the hospital several times, and finally felt it time to call the hotel (we didn't want to abuse the service, or we would have called earlier, and we totally should have!), we found a Starbucks, called the hotel and in 5 minutes we were picked up in a Rolls Royce Phantom by the kindest driver, and later driven to a fabulous dinner at Katana (also set up by the concierge)! So, needless to say this place is a dream, and anyone coming to LA or I'm sure any city where a Four Seasons is present will have the ultimate 5-star experience, so don't miss out! Thanks Four Seasons for an amazing stay, I assure you we will be back!!

Room Tip: Higher rooms have views of entire city, lower rooms have less expansive views, but gardens and fount...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!