“Surprising Glitches in Hotel Service” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 327 Hotels in Los Angeles
Boston, Massachusetts
“Surprising Glitches in Hotel Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

When you stay in a Four Seasons Hotel you have very high expectations for a remarkable hotel stay. This was, unfortunately, not the case at The Four Seasons in Beverly Hills. Let me tell you about three unacceptable experiences. I booked an appointment for a pedicure at the spa on Sunday ( a not inexpensive one, might I say). I entered the spa which was dark, soothing, and smelled great to wait for my technician. She arrived and ushered me out of the spa into what used to be a guest room and said, "this is where we will be doing your pedicure" . How did I know had been a guest room, you ask? The flat screen TV was still on the bureau and my pedicure chair was the upholstered chair that was in my guest room upstairs. My foot rest, the towel-covered hassock also found in my guestroom...my legs kept cramping at the weird angle. They had pulled out the bed, than goodness! I soaked my feet in a big bowl on the floor. Think of snipped toenails flying into bedroom rug...wait its too disgusting - don't think of that. I must say in spite of the horrendous room and discomfort, I did get a good pedicure.

Now here's another...before I wen to breakfast that morning, I called downstairs at 9:45A and asked to have my room made up by noon! I was assured that would not be a problem. Guess what - not done! Got back - no service

Here is the crowning glory. I was scheduled to be picked up for a business appointment on Monday morning at 7:00A and called down and placed my wake-up call before I went to bed. I awoke startled at 6:30A to realize that they had never called me to wake me up!

A Four Seasons Hotel, really!!!!! I, of course, called the Manager to tell him of my three mishaps and he apologized and sent up wine and cheese but who wants the lousy wine and cheese? I can get that at home. I wanted a true Four Seasons experience. I even got to LA two days before I had to go to work to soak that experience up!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Catonsville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I spent my birthday this year at the Four Seasons Hotel, and from the moment I was picked up at the airport I was treated as if I was the only guest at this hotel. From Paul, our driver from the airport;Christine, front desk clerk; Barbara, Andrea, Danny, Marco the concierge staff; Alan the door greeter; Nelson the courtesy car driver; Raha, Sam, and Jennifer at the Culina Restaurant, the service was top notched, and super attentive. You could not find a friendlier more helpful group of people.

My room was clean, and I had a balcony overlooked a garden. I used the exercise facilities, which was clean and stocked with towels. From now on, every time I visit LA I will be staying at the Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I just love this hotel. I stay here for work and get treated so well whenever I stay here no matter what my room rate is at the time or how busy the hotel may be during an event.

The beds are amazing and I always get a great night's sleep. The pool is a fun experience. It's a roof top with great people watching but also relaxing. The gym is interesting since it's right by the pool and semi outdoors. Love the restaurant, Culina for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Room Service!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dallas TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We had the best hotel experience to date at The Four Seasons, Beverly Hills Resort. We actually booked our room on another site, and a little nervous to be placed in a low level, lower grade room due to the discount site we used to purchase the reservation. However, upon arrival we were treated like royalty, and met with warm and friendly front desk staff, who upgraded us to a large suite with two fabulous balconies overlooking the whole city and Hollywood Hills. We honestly could have been perfectly content hanging out in our amazing room, or laying by the heated pool or cabana, but we went in November so pool time wasn't on our list of things to do! After cramming in all the LA tourist things and shopping all over town, we came back to our retreat and ordered amazing room service which was very romantic and excellent food. The icing on the cake was the complimentary car service provided at the touch of a call to the concierge! They made all our reservations for us, including the famous Ivy Restaurant, had us a luxury car waiting, and off we went! We were given a card to call any time we needed, wherever we were in town, and they would come retrieve us immediately. Of course we have a tendency to get lost and walked all over Beverly Hills and West Hollywood, circled the hospital several times, and finally felt it time to call the hotel (we didn't want to abuse the service, or we would have called earlier, and we totally should have!), we found a Starbucks, called the hotel and in 5 minutes we were picked up in a Rolls Royce Phantom by the kindest driver, and later driven to a fabulous dinner at Katana (also set up by the concierge)! So, needless to say this place is a dream, and anyone coming to LA or I'm sure any city where a Four Seasons is present will have the ultimate 5-star experience, so don't miss out! Thanks Four Seasons for an amazing stay, I assure you we will be back!!

Room Tip: Higher rooms have views of entire city, lower rooms have less expansive views, but gardens and fount...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Frankfurt
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We have always enjoyed staying at the Four Seasons. However our last trip to Beverly Hills was disappointing. The room was noisy due to the restaurant below. We could not sleep in the night. And we had problem to connect with internet, the front desk was not helpful in solving the problem. The hotel looks nice, but too superficially arrogant.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
AustinWatkins, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear hhp,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are very sorry to hear of the inconveniences you experienced during your stay, however appreciate your feedback, as it allows us the opportunity to review the occurrences in an effort to improve the guest experience.

We do hope that you were able to speak with a manager on property regarding your concerns, regardless, however, please feel free to contact us at your convenience using the email address, below, to speak about this further.

Again, thank you for your review and we hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles
Email: sara.roderick@fourseasons.com
Phone: (310) 786-2217
Kent. Uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had 2 rooms ( 2x teenagers with us)
The staff you could not fault, so very helpful.
We used the hotel car which the boys loved ( phantom )
Great location.
Used the pool which was very tranquil.
A great hotel to stay in Beverly Hills

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Pros: Good swimming pool and spa facilities. Polite and friendly staff that went the extra mile. Great dining recommendations and happy to sort it all out for you, even in very popular establishments.
Great views from the pool and room balcony.
We opted for the room upgrade which was well worth it, two balconies, two rooms and wonderful bathroom.
Private car available for free as long as it is not in use. They also provide you with the card to arrange collection from wherever you are at the end of a night/trip.

Cons: We had some issues with our taps in the bathroom, hot water was coming out of both taps. They did make attempts to repair it but it wasnt possible. They offered a room change or to supply us with ice cold water so to save the hassle we opted for the water which arrived promptly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!