“Lousy service” 3 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Chicago For Ribs
8311 Lincoln Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90045-2413 (Westside)
(310) 670-7427
Neighborhood: Westside
Inglewood, California
“Lousy service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We visited this restaurant the day before the 4th of July. My boyfriend and mother raved about this restaurant and how good the food was. We got there about 6:00 for dinner. The restaurant was not busy. The service was lousy. After we got our main meal, we asked the waiter who brought our food for ketchup. He acted like it was a bother. He never did bring the ketchup and I had to signal another waiter for it. Our main meal included cornbread which we didn't get until we were about to pay the bill and realized that we never got the bread. Needless to say, the waiter did not get a good tip. We will think twice before we visit this restaurant again.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Los Angeles, California
“Better St Louis ribs than in St Louis.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I have eaten here a few times, Just this last weekend actually. I enjoy good ribs, and this place has good ribs. I recommend the Rib Lovers Special (But go after 6:00PM, they have a special for the Rib Lovers Special before 6PM but the smaller price comes with a smaller portion of Ribs). I have been disappointed by that, but either way the Ribs are very good. The Rib Lovers Social gives you a couple Beef Ribs, some baby Back Ribs and some St Louis style Ribs. The St Louis style ribs are better than the ones I got in St Louis.
My only complaint here is they used to give you very nice heated wet nap that was decent sized and this last time I went they had those tiny moist towelettes small and not heated. But signs of the economy I guess?

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
los altos
“excellent ribs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2009

We've been going here for 8 years now during visits to LA to see our daughter at USC and later to attend football games.

This place is a little out of the way but has excellent ribs and good prices. They have two or three other places in the LA area but it is a local type place. Atmosphere is booths/tables, tile floor and TV's on to sports. This is primarily a food place not a sports bar. I usually have the pulled pork sandwich which is excellent. My family has the ribs. Way too much food for one person which is typical of many/most restaurants these days. There is a parking lot next door and parking has never been a problem.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere